Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be contrary... I don't see much of a difference in booing and moaning at a game and being negative about players on a message board.

Lako, you've ripped Gallagher to bits several times, for example. There is every chance he reads this forum and what good is that for his confidence? As a fan are you helping the team at all there? Nothing personal like, just an example.

Unsurprisingly I totally disagree with the above MA,

how can Gally going out of his way hunting for comments about himself be the same as me more or less travelling 20 miles to seek him out and yell abuse at him, never mind the fact that what I say about players on here is a reasoned (I think) opinion formed after watching many games rather than some idiot yelling drunken abuse at one player whilst he tries to do his job in the flesh.

This is a forum to discuss football and specifically Leicester City, this is why I do it here.

Yep. Madness!!11!!!

I just think if you are on the "get behind the team" thing (which incidentally, I am), then it should carry over.

Have to disagree Miley. Lako is bang on the money for me.
Get behind the lads on matchday, then vent your frustration in the pub or online where it won't affect the team's performance

I suppose my point is that online is as public a forum as most anywhere else.

It's a stretch I suppose. I work in an industry where our performance is reviewed online quite often, to pretend it doesn't effect confidence is naive.

I suppose my point is that online is as public a forum as most anywhere else.

It's a stretch I suppose. I work in an industry where our performance is reviewed online quite often, to pretend it doesn't effect confidence is naive.

Not only can they poor diddums manage two games a week, but they now get paranoid by going onto a football forum where hundreds (ok 1 or 2) supporters (!) give their view of how shite they are playing.
Said supporters know the be all and end all of football as they have taken Birstall Utd seniors from obscurity to European champions without conceding a goal, all on some bloody computer game.
Do me a favour (not in a Homer sort of way, either)

Not only can they poor diddums manage two games a week, but they now get paranoid by going onto a football forum where hundreds (ok 1 or 2) supporters (!) give their view of how shite they are playing.
Said supporters know the be all and end all of football as they have taken Birstall Utd seniors from obscurity to European champions without conceding a goal, all on some bloody computer game.
Do me a favour (not in a Homer sort of way, either)

There was a study recently where they showed that positive home support coupled with negative away (fan) pressure is highly conductive to improved performance. However, players were shown to shy away from the challenge and react negatively if the home fans were not providing the positive element.

This shouldn't be a surprise, if someone was constantly telling me I was doing a shit job I doubt I'd bother. Some people forget that their ridiculous salaries don't make them super-human.

I agree that it is better to vent your anger at a poor performance on here than during the game.

The only problem is you have people that do it the opposite way round. They read players getting slated online and then take it to the ground and start booing them.

I agree that it is better to vent your anger at a poor performance on here than during the game.

The only problem is you have people that do it the opposite way round. They read players getting slated online and then take it to the ground and start booing them.

Exactly, it's an echo chamber.

What, all seaters like the Bernabeu, San Siro, Anfield, Old Trafford? Soulless places devoid of atmosphere.

Stop trying to be a pedantic tit, I think you are taking things to the extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:
What, all seaters like the Bernabeu, San Siro, Anfield, Old Trafford? Soulless places devoid of atmosphere.

Don't count OT in with the others. I was there when they used to play 'applause' over the tannoy when they scored.

I've been at Forest when they played crowd noises/chants/applause throughout a match against Chelsea.

Wow, that is rather embarrassing and for Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669