Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't happen

There's an established destructive culture of booing everything, complaining at every bit of poor control and misplaced pass, and even the audible collective moaning at every sideways pass (despite the subsequent retention of possession). It ain't gonna change between now and May, regardless of who is/isn't the manager

Completely agree Homer.

I attempted for the first ever time trying to get a chant going in the Kop at 2-0 up against Blackburn. Zero success.

It's not just City fans though. I'd say about 80% of football clubs have fans which curse throughout a game.

Completely agree Homer.

I attempted for the first ever time trying to get a chant going in the Kop at 2-0 up against Blackburn. Zero success.

It's not just City fans though. I'd say about 80% of football clubs have fans which curse throughout a game.

On a sidenote to the thread, I believe the Kop is dead never to be seen again.

The sad fact is that L1 is the only place in the ground that has a go every game, regardless of whether other areas of the ground can hear them.

They are important Imo, whether the type of character people think stand there is their cup of tea or not.

NP has gone on public record on a number of occasions to say that his job is to get us promoted this season.

Would you have expected him to say anything less?

I think he also said top 2 was what was expected of him.

I'm just arguing against Willow's point that there's no evidence to suggest that promotion is required this season, when it's come straight from the horse's mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a sidenote to the thread, I believe the Kop is dead never to be seen again.

The sad fact is that L1 is the only place in the ground that has a go every game, regardless of whether other areas of the ground can hear them.

They are important Imo, whether the type of character people think stand there is their cup of tea or not.

There's a difference between creating a positive atmosphere, like the good old days we all think we remember, and the toxic negative moaning, general complaining and booing that we have right now

There's a difference between creating a positive atmosphere, like the good old days we all think we remember, and the toxic negative moaning, general complaining and booing that we have right now

Agreed, it makes me miss more home games than anything else possbily could, including Alan F'ing Maybury.

Let's backtrack slight then and stop the booing of players. Particularly when you are 1 down and a player is subbed on.

I have never understood the mentality of someone who would pay £30 simply to hurl abuse at the side they want to win.

We need to stop blaming the refs all the time. Granted the Leeds game was shit but the greatest noise from the crowd was probably when the ref blew up early for half time so we couldn't take a corner.

I don't understand why people are willing to be vocal and offer their dissatisfaction in that situation but won't say a word of encouragement to the team, even if it is just saying it to whoever they are sitting with.

The 'shit refs, we always get shit refs' is the one that really gets to me so I prefer my version of 'shit fans, why do we have shit fans' but unfortunately never really got it going.

But for some delayed mail Chris Huhne would have been Deputy PM...and despite all the evidence to the contrary he has blamed everyone and everything else for months and months.

Delusion seems to be the natural state of being for the majority of the country.

Just to be contrary... I don't see much of a difference in booing and moaning at a game and being negative about players on a message board.

Lako, you've ripped Gallagher to bits several times, for example. There is every chance he reads this forum and what good is that for his confidence? As a fan are you helping the team at all there? Nothing personal like, just an example.

If you posit that the atmosphere fans create around a club is instrumental in player performance, you have to include fan forums as a part of that atmosphere.

I'm with everyone else, atmosphere inside the KP has always been dire, but then the atmosphere on the two forums is just as grim.

Last edited:
But for some delayed mail Chris Huhne would have been Deputy PM...and despite all the evidence to the contrary he has blamed everyone and everything else for months and months.

Delusion seems to be the natural state of being for the majority of the country.

Yeah, but Huhne's dodgy eyesight has been at fault for his delusion, he's just not been able to see what's going on around him.

It's okay now though, he's got a new contact lens....

Hune.jpg

Last edited:
All clubs with ground capacities exceeding attedees have the same problem.
They sell season tickets anywhere in the stadium and when the crowds shrink there is an insufficient critical mass of songsters in any location.
Boro is dire.I think they have plans afoot to encourage the singers into one area.Hopefully we will be doing the same.

All clubs with ground capacities exceeding attedees have the same problem.
They sell season tickets anywhere in the stadium and when the crowds shrink there is an insufficient critical mass of songsters in any location.
Boro is dire.I think they have plans afoot to encourage the singers into one area.Hopefully we will be doing the same.
One of the downsides of all seater stadia. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670