Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he drove a Ford Focus then it wouldn't matter if we got promoted or not?

Are you arguing for arguements sake again Willlow?

You honestly don't think these things have made a difference to how fans think and behave towards the club?

Im quite sure it's taken it's toll on any true lover of the game who remembers better days.

Last edited:

You honestly don't think these things have made a difference to how fans think and behave towards the club?

Im quite sure it's taken it's toll on any true lover of the game who remembers better days.

I agree with Lako. Seeing Marshalls Bentley with personalised plates really threw me. And no, I'm not taking the piss.

When exactly were these "better days"?
I can remember 30+ years ago people giving out stink over how much City players were being paid

I am saying it shouldn't matter!

I dont give a crap what car Marshall drives, I also don't care how much he gets paid. What I do care about is when he looks like he couldn't give a shit on the pitch.

Can we also stop this rose tinted view of how football used to be... it is a load of rubbish. Footballers have always earned significantly more than the average man and drove more expensive cars, nothing has changed in the last 30 years. Do they deserve it...no. Is it going to change....no.

As for me constantly arguing with you - I will do you a deal - You stop posting stupid comments and I will stop arguing against them...

I agree with Lako. Seeing Marshalls Bentley with personalised plates really threw me. And no, I'm not taking the piss.

I, too would agree. It's just a thought, but, might players getting that much for pootling about in the Championship seriously question the wisdom of striving to get into the Premier League, where their modest talents might be exposed..... :102:

Footballers have always earned significantly more than the average man

That somewhat depends on your definition of the word 'always'.

I dont give a crap what car Marshall drives, I also don't care how much he gets paid. What I do care about is when he looks like he couldn't give a shit on the pitch.

Can we also stop this rose tinted view of how football used to be... it is a load of rubbish. Footballers have always earned significantly more than the average man and drove more expensive cars, nothing has changed in the last 30 years. Do they deserve it...no. Is it going to change....no.

As for me constantly arguing with you - I will do you a deal - You stop posting stupid comments and I will stop arguing against them...

Complete and utter bollocks, but nothing less than expected from you.

Please point out which part of my post was rubbish? I am pointing out how some fans feel, not how I personally feel, if you honestly don't think that is true then I'm affraid you are as stupid as I fear.

And please, nothing has changed in 30 years, have a fecking word with yourself, you think the average footballer from a 2nd tier team from 30 years ago could live off what they earnt then now? I can assure you Konchesky etc will be able to live off what they earn now in 30 years time.

I also don't care about how a player chooses to spend his temporary fortune. I do care about them 'earning' it whilst being shite for the club though. Marshall is a good example of this, having 'turned up' only a handful of times all season.

Liam Moore is my current annoyance of choice. His agent was touting him as on the verge of moves to Man U, Arsenal etc shortly before he got the fat contract that funded his bling-mobile. What exactly has he achieved to earn this? Nothing whatsoever.

If they earn it and I'll walk past their cars on a Sat, er Friday without a thought. Play shite or do nothing to earn that fortune and it will irk most. For example, I'd think 'good on him' if Morgan arrived in a helicopter every game.

Our wage bill is significantly higher than those of almost all of our competitors and our manager is similarly rewarded. This will inevitably bring with it additional criticism when performances don't stack up against these riches. And so it should.

Last edited:
For example, I'd think 'good on him' if Morgan arrived in a helicopter every game.

Exactly. Which was why I was so taken aback at Marshall's Bentley as it didn't compute compared to his performance levels.

Exactly. Which was why I was so taken aback at Marshall's Bentley as it didn't compute compared to his performance levels.
Do you think he should have a Nissan Micra '88 on standby in the carpark just in case he has a shit game?

Do you think he should have a Nissan Micra '88 on standby in the carpark just in case he has a shit game?

And a brown nylon shirt and some corduroy flares.

And have "I am a cock" written on his head in lipstick.

And have an eyebrow shaved off.

And a brown nylon shirt and some corduroy flares.

And have "I am a cock" written on his head in lipstick.

And have an eyebrow shaved off.

That'd be me most Saturday nights, and I don't even play football badly

When exactly were these "better days"?
I can remember 30+ years ago people giving out stink over how much City players were being paid

30+ years ago I was paying £1 for a seat in the main stand. It was everything I ever dreamt live football could be.

And please, nothing has changed in 30 years, have a fecking word with yourself, you think the average footballer from a 2nd tier team from 30 years ago could live off what they earnt then now? I can assure you Konchesky etc will be able to live off what they earn now in 30 years time.

I used to work with an ex pro who played 30/40 years ago - he played for his country and appeared for 3 top British clubs - after giving up he had to take a "normal" middle management role...
If he had played at the same level now and achieved as much he would be a multi millionaire...

I love mr dg

I cannot make up my mind as to whether you are being serious here.

Two very different responses to the same post. My posts are not always serious and sometimes worded to provoke but I have never posted anything I do not believe.

Old Fox goes on to compare Nigel Pearson with Martin O'Neill. In over 40 years of supporting Leicester I have seen only two superb managers, One was Jimmy Bloomfield who was sacked as soon as things started to go wrong (the Weller-Birchenall-Glover generation were ageing) and the other was Martin O'Neill. Bloomfield joined us when we were already in the top flight; I doubt if he would have come otherwise. Martin was a gem and IMO with the possible exception of Sir Alex the best manager in the country at the time. It is no use expecting us to get another Martin. A more extreme example would be Forest fans expecting a new Brian Clough or Wolves fans another Stan Cullis (another one sacked when he tried to replace ageing stars).

How many of the managers since Martin have done a better job than Nigel. My experience is that when we get a new manager he is less likely to be a Martin O@Neill and more likely to be a Craig Levein..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669