Post Match Norwich 0 Leicester 2

Perfect opposition for Hamza to play against I thought. He did superbly.

Natalie and that other bloke in the middle were quite shit. Our first choices starting in those positions would have made a huge difference to how close the game was.

Kasey did brilliantly. Having wide players finding space and wanting the ball (even trying to win the ball) was a joy.

Okay, time to reassess.

I cannot continue to see the opponents ineptitude as the reason for our winning. We are confusing the feck out of the teams we face. They can't work out what to do and so we just wait for them to give up.

Many teams are trying to play out from the back and look utterly dreadful doing it. We look calm and assured. That's down to the shape of the team and the options that are available at all times with Winks at the heart of it.

The personnel we select don't really matter. Ze system . . .

I've seen enough from Winks to know he's a fabulous signing. Likewise Hermansen. Fatawu looks so exciting to me as well, although I think he appears to be a nightmare to make do anything.

Let's get it right, we should piss this league. We have so many advantages over the rest that anything other than a top two finish is a failure. Having said that, the extent of the challenge of 30+ squad changes and a completely new style means that what we're doing so far is very impressive.
Big cuddle?

He should be banging them in at this level, and should work well in this system...
I never understood people thinking this before the season and I still don't now. Where is the evidence for him being able to do this? Other than about two decent patches, he's always been a bit shit.

He's just Nacho and people have to accept that. One day he'll be Pele, the next ten he'll be Carl Cort. That's why I love him but he's not a proper footballer is he.

He's never, ever, ever, ever going to be prolific in this league or any other.... except Scotland.

Can we talk about how pink Neil Lennon’s face is?

Doesn't look a well man to me and hasn't for a long time. He appeared to have a drink problem when he was with us, judging by how many times I saw him pished in town. But he's got the look of a man with a problem.

Horrid to watch at times. My nerves are shot.

I felt we had extra gears, and with our squad quality we should have.

Norwich did press us and other than a couple of shaky moments 2nd half I felt comfortable we would create chances and go on to score. Which we did.

I have not felt that way for quite a few seasons.

Building something nice here.

Doesn't look a well man to me and hasn't for a long time. He appeared to have a drink problem when he was with us, judging by how many times I saw him pished in town. But he's got the look of a man with a problem.
Yeah joking aside I can’t disagree with that.

Downside is Nacho, who is ****ing way off the pace of this whole thing

It might sound ****ing insane, but sooner give Daka a go than watch him again
I do wonder what he can do at this level. I’m guessing not much or he surely would’ve got a chance by now.

Bloody lovely.

I said it from the start, our superior players and quality will see us do well. I'm glad no more players left.

Absolutely loved every minute of that!

Our best performance of the season. Mainly because of how brilliant our defence was.

Changes for the most part only highlight just how strong the squad is, on arguably the toughest game of the season for us.

I'm on such a high I'll even do a player rating:

Hermansen - 9 - Unbelievable that twat Sutton actually got this decision spot on. So so calm with his feet and rarely an error. Brilliant highlight save and also came to collect a couple of crosses very comfortably. Almost a faultless performance. Honestly think his value is 20 million more than we paid for him already, what a steal at 5 million.

Choudhury - 7 - Looked calm on the ball, composed with his passing and no rash tackles. Who is this player?

Faes - 8 - Not a foot wrong all night. Interceptions, clearances, playing out from the back. Excellent return to the team.

Vestergaard - 8 - Similar to Faes, swept everything up against a dangerous Norwich attack. Even had a good TV swear at Graham Scott which I also enjoyed.

Doyle - 9 - Gets a 9 for me. Similar to the Faes and Vesty, but was absolutely everywhere. His forward passing was for the most part slick and defensively was unbeatable. Added to the fact he was coming back off a stinker of a game.

Akgun - 6 - I don't think we've seen anything like the best from this guy yet. Won a couple of free kicks but was mainly quiet in his new position.

Winks - 8 - Ran the game once again. Brilliant composure and a real cornerstone in our team. He rarely makes the wrong decision at the moment and looks to be playing with increased confidence every game.

Casadei - 6 - Possibly my only disappointment in the game. Never really got going, however made a couple of interceptions and challenges. I think he will benefit from the start and is learning exactly how Enzo wants him to play. Nobody gets below a 6 today.

McAteer - 8 - Goal on a plate, should have had another, however was a threat every time he got the ball. You could tell that Norwich hated defending against him. Really developing into a threat on that right side and deserved his goal again. Has exactly the passion needed in this squad.

Iheanacho - 6 - Hot and cold. Thought he was fairly poor early on and was having a 'lazy' game for him. Well taken penalty and some tidy passes redeemed him. Never quite got in his pocket of space to get any shots away today.

Mavididi - 7 - Scared them down the left, and was up against a very good full back in Stacey. Did well to win the penalty and worked hard all game. Confidence is growing in the team and he looks to be a real spark. Definitely showing the potential to be as good as Lloyd Dyer.

SUBS:

Ndidi - 6 - Not his best, but a good presence to bring on. One terrible shot and one terrible sprint. Otherwise tidy enough near the end.
Dewsbury Hall - 7 - Worked his socks off, basically scored the second and ran the show. Only negative is he made Chris Sutton even more insufferable to listen to.
Vardy - 7 - Personally think we are better with him on the pitch at the moment. His intelligence adds to Enzo's system and his hold up play and decision making looks sharp. Fluffed a chance very uncharacteristically but played a great part in our second.
Justin - 7 - Very good performance, composure at its finest. It's a shame we don't get to see him in more an attacking sense in this role, but he is a hell of an option off the bench.
Fatawu - 7 - Should have had at least one assist. Looks to be such a fantastic talent. Hopefully Maresca is the perfect mentor to get the best out of him this season. Worked hard and pissed them off, that's all I ask for.

Special mention to Enzo. He already has more games this season making the correct substitutions at the correct time than Brendan had over 24 months.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563