Post Match Norwich 0 Leicester 2

I know the whole debate around it has become a tedious can of worms but football is infinitely better without VAR.
Yesterday’s McAteer goal gets chalked off under VAR because of a toenail and some dodgy as **** lines.

We’ll win some, we’ll lose some, but it does seem way more enjoyable.

I do worry that Vardy is losing his marbles.

What the **** was he playing at with that chance towards the end of the match?

I get nervous watching our goalkeeper playing football when he is higher up the pitch than our two centre backs!

I agree. Feels so much more natural. It’s not like VAR has eliminated controversy, as there are still errors, due to the “R” part of VAR, so at least this way you can just live in the moment.

So, was that McAteer goal actually offside? I didn't notice it live but on replays it looks quite clearly offside, unless there's a Norwich player keeping it on who's out of shot.

He looked well behind KDH at the time he passed the ball. He'd previously been in an offside position but smartly let the game overtake him before starting his run. The modern offside rule is bullshit and at the heart of all the problems with VAR, but McAteer played it really well

So, was that McAteer goal actually offside? I didn't notice it live but on replays it looks quite clearly offside, unless there's a Norwich player keeping it on who's out of shot.
It looked very close. Nothing to do with where Norwich players were, it's whether he was ahead of the ball when KDH played it across.

Looked to me like the ball may have travelled sideways or backwards, in which case not offside

Or if not it’s the width of a toe either way

He wouldn’t have been given offside even in the old interpretations of the law, before the final pass.

The only question is whether he was ahead of the ball when KDH played it to him.

It did feel good to be able to celebrate the goal when seeing the linesman had his flag down.

And not having to wait for some **** to spend 5 mins drawing wonky lines to then say that his left bollock was offside.

It did feel good to be able to celebrate the goal when seeing the linesman had his flag down.

And not having to wait for some **** to spend 5 mins drawing wonky lines to then say that his left bollock was offside.
I’m a big advocate for using technology, but I agree.

They’ve properly ****ed up VAR.

Yep although it's still not really the technology thats the issue, although some of the angles used to judge on offside are ridiculous, it's the people operating the system that seem to live on another planet.

Forest game on Monday was a good example of VAR being good and bad - everyone missed Foster/Forsters elbow but when you see the replays, it was a clear red card.

The Burnley disallowed goal was just nonsense though - not one single player appealed for a handball and then VAR used probably the worst angle to try and determine if it did hit the players arm. No way could you conclusively say if it did or didn't hit the arm as the angle of the reply was so shit but VAR were adamant it was handball.

Personally I think they should maybe introduce a set number of appeals for each team like Tennis as I do think VAR is needed and can be a good thing, but it is so much better being able to celebrate as soon as the ball hits the net.

I’m also instinctively for using the technology but have to say in both Europa Conference and Championship matches it has felt like a breath of fresh air not having to worry about checking every inch of grass.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563