Post Match Norwich 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last one was one of the most miserable sporting experiences of my life.

The one before that was even worse.

Actually, reaching the QFs 3 times in the past 12 years isn't a bad for a team who've spent the vast majority of that time in the second tier.

Re: Norwich 1 Leicester 2

Brilliant performance and a thoroughly deserved win.

I thought they all played well. Great goal by Nugent. Wonderful composure and finish and great play by Beckford too, both in winning the header and making the run across the box to take the defender away and leave the space for Nugent to run in to.

Hopefully Morgan and SSL stay together for the next game. Thought Peltier was better defensively today than he has been in recent weeks.

Really? I thought his positioning at times was very poor.. caught way up the field too often.

Great win. Morgan & SSL brilliant at the back, thought Kennedy had done OK until he came off and was certainly better than Konchesky when he came on.

Dyer's pace was a threat against their full-back constantly and delivery was pretty good for a change. Wellens was brilliant and should get a lot of credit as he gets a lot of stick when I think it isn't really warranted, he controlled most things today and always gets a strong tackle in which is what is needed. Danns was a little dissappointing giving the ball away a bit and a few poor touches but constant work rate kept them under pressure when not on the ball and not a bad show overall. Marshall was quiet but great deliveries from corners and always looked to create something so can't knock him and not a bad show at all, just looked quite raw but good potential.

Beckford was great all game and probably deserved a goal for his performance. Linking up great with Nugent though and looks a good partnership now. Nugent wasn't as good as to be expected overall but a superb goal which is why he is worth keeping on.

Great win overall and hard to pick a MOTM really as Morgan, Wellens & Beckford all had very good games and then SSL & Nugent with the goals were excellent too overall but would have to go for Morgan.

Mackems at home next for me!!

EDIT - Kasper was good too and desperately unlucky not to get a clean sheet after a very soft penalty given against him. Really unlucky on the rebound too and worth a mention. Also not mentioned Peltier yet, he did OK, nothing great but nothing bad so decent game.

Last edited:
haha yeah they are one of the form teams left in but I know a few fans so would be good to try and get 1 up on them! Liverpool away wouldn't be bad either as still never been to Anfield and one ground I really want to go to.

Bolton at home for me.

Very winnable match. Or an even lower ranking team if another Football League side beside us make it through.

Hope we're at home next and continue to make a decent go of this competition, we can feckin' win it!! Wouldn't want Sunderland either, Bolton at home or maybe even put Chelsea out of their misery (if they get through?)

BBC giving the assist for Nugent's goal to Delboy, I thought it was Beckford who headed it down.

Who is the guy on the phone in just now who thinks the commentary team of Stringer and Young is the best ever?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363