Post Match Norwich 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bert has now been unfollowed. Never ending arse licking tweets appear to be all he ever posts outside the transfer window.

0,,10274~10503783,00.jpg

I really hope that this picture is beginning to epitomise the team that Nigel is trying to build. I know we had the recent set back at Watford but we have had some excellent victories of late. Forest at home in the cup, Southampton away and Cardiff at home. If we can find the consistency that Nigel has talked about, then we really should be contenders next season and maybe just maybe we might still sneak into the play-offs.

Today I liked the look of Morgan and Ledger. Morgan is such a physical presence and is prepared to do the ugly stuff really well. Whilst St Ledger is not big physically, he really commits to the challenge and positionally seems to be very good. I also think that St Ledgers distribution and touch is very good and perhaps something that goes unnoticed. I think Mills now has a real fight on his hands for his position.

As for Beckford and Nugent, I think these two are beginning to look like a formidable championship strikeforce. There were several times today when their interplay created problems for Norwich. In addition Wellens and Danns were also great. Wellens distribution was great as was the physical side to his game, winning many 50/50 challenges. Whilst Neil's distribution was sometimes wayward his harrying and closing down of the opposition was fantastic and I think this was one of the major reasons as to why Norwich found it difficult to get into their stride.

Just some thoughts.....onwards and upwards!

I did not expect that at all, I must say. But it wasn't anything like a smash and grab victory - this was one we completely deserved. The support was class today, one of the most enjoyable away days for a long time.

Nugent has looked like a top signing since day one and yet again he showed why he is so valuable to us. Defensively we were excellent, but, most of all, Wellens was superb. I've been a critic of his since his second season here but today he was absolutely magnificent.

In the hat for the quarter-finals, happy days.

I refuse to get carried away as per my post Watford rant.

I will say this.... one game away from the big W.

What? Here? - would rather play at Wembley.

Watching the highlights.....the Morgan 'goal' was difficult to judge fom the replays so can see why the linesman didn't give it. But much easier to say that after a win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670