Post Match Nottingham Forest 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Leicester and District FA, the referee's are marked by managers of both clubs and given a score out of 100. If a referee receives marks of 60 or below over a sustained period of time, the referee is "watched" by the League Referees Association and by the Board. If there is reason to believe he/she is being unfair or biased towards a particular team, the League can remove him from being an active referee (in that league).

Is this still the case for professional football? Does anyone know if the referrees are marked/graded and if they receive inadequate marks, they're actions are called into question?

There is at least one referees assessor at every game in professional football (there may even be a team of them to watch the assistants too) I'm afraid that I never got that far so I've had no experience of it. I beleive they assess each performance of the ref for every game and the clubs send in their reports also. The analysis is then used to determine promotion and demotion although I don't know the methodology.

In the Leicester and District FA, the referee's are marked by managers of both clubs and given a score out of 100. If a referee receives marks of 60 or below over a sustained period of time, the referee is "watched" by the League Referees Association and by the Board. If there is reason to believe he/she is being unfair or biased towards a particular team, the League can remove him from being an active referee (in that league).

Is this still the case for professional football? Does anyone know if the referrees are marked/graded and if they receive inadequate marks, they're actions are called into question?

It is the same in professional foootball. The F.A.'s guidance for the assessing of a referee's performance is listed at http://www.football-development.co.uk/running-a-club-help/152-guidance-for-marking-referees. Referees' marks must be sent to the League Executive, together with the result of the game and the names of the players within 6 days of the game.

Wasting their time. You can't appeal a sending off that was made up of 2 yellow cards. Andrew Neville said on the moan in that there may be an option to question the legality of the first yellow card, but it sounds like it will be more trouble than it's worth.

The commission might also decide that an appeal is frivolous and double the penalty.

The sending off was very harsh but Schmeichel gave the ref the opportunity to do it. Hopefully, he's been severely bollocked and/or fined because he's done a variation of the same thing every time he concedes and it's not on.

I think bollocking is a very over-rated form of management and not appropriate in this case.

Kasper's actions lost us the match and he clearly knows this. At the moment his morale is likely to be low and he will feel he has let down the team. This is the time when he needs to know he has the full support not only of the manager but the rest of the team - and I would suggest on Saturday the support of the supporters.

I think Kasper is the best goalkeeper we have had since Fulop but he is a young man who has been let go by Man City and then Leeds. Young men need a supportive environment and he needs to know that in Leicester he has found the club where he belongs

If Kasper can sort this part of his game out then he will become a very fine goalkeeper.

If Kasper can sort this part of his game out then he will become a very fine goalkeeper.

It's hard because I think he does need to tell the other players what he can see and where they are going wrong, and I have no problem with him (or Wellens) doing it in their own style. I also don't really have a problem with him kicking the ball out when we concede, the majority of goalkeepers do it and get away with it. However, I do think he needs to calm down.

It's hard because I think he does need to tell the other players what he can see and where they are going wrong, and I have no problem with him (or Wellens) doing it in their own style. I also don't really have a problem with him kicking the ball out when we concede, the majority of goalkeepers do it and get away with it. However, I do think he needs to calm down.

Exactly, a keeper needs to control his defence, It's a good thing, he just needs to control his temper when things don't go right for him.

...don't really have a problem with him kicking the ball out when we concede, the majority of goalkeepers do it and get away with it.

You can bet though that now it has been highlighted, if he continues to do it, he'll be booked every time.

How about a battlefield in space, hmm?

On a tenuous link to this, has anyone else been watching the news of the Libya conflict and, when they mention the rebel alliance, just picture a middle eastern Luke Skywalker and Gadafi in a Darth Vader mask?

Ture. In any environment, screaming at people is counterproductive.

Whilst I agree with you, Alex Ferguson seems to have made the hairdryer treatment work for him over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669