Post Match Nottingham Forest 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to my F****t supporting work colleges this morning, they are convinced it was a penalty, even tho I pointed out he fell on the ball and knew nothing about it, they said 'Yes we know he knew nothing about it, but his hand deflected the ball towards your keeper who was no where near the ball and wouldn't have beaten our striker to the ball, so clearly denying a goal scoring opportunity'. They also say that we played absolutely shit and will struggle, at that point I had to calm myself and walk away! They did however admit that they are in big trouble as long as Shteve is in charge.

I would've said the same thing that I said to all my Forest supporting mates who were having a go after Saturday's game:

"You worry about your own side - I know I'd rather be in my shoes than yours."

Speaking to my F****t supporting work colleges this morning, they are convinced it was a penalty, even tho I pointed out he fell on the ball and knew nothing about it, they said 'Yes we know he knew nothing about it, but his hand deflected the ball towards your keeper who was no where near the ball and wouldn't have beaten our striker to the ball, so clearly denying a goal scoring opportunity'. They also say that we played absolutely shit and will struggle, at that point I had to calm myself and walk away! They did however admit that they are in big trouble as long as Shteve is in charge.

Deluded ****ers like most Florist fans.

Your colleagues are so very wrong:

UEFA Referees conference 2004:
If the ball accidentally touches a player's hand, it is immaterial if the ball subsequently falls to that player's advantage. For example, if the ball 'accidentally' hits an attacking player's hand or arm, and then neatly falls to his feet - and the attacking player immediately kicks the ball and scores a goal - the goal should be allowed - because the attacking player did not 'deliberately' handle the ball (and had therefore NOT infringed Law 12).

I think the ref from Saturday will be very dissapointed when he's seen the replay - in turth no referee likes to get decisions wrong and I can only think he was unsighted or reacted too quickly, but it will be marked against him.

If the ball accidentally touches a player's hand, it is immaterial if the ball subsequently falls to that player's advantage. For example, if the ball 'accidentally' hits an attacking player's hand or arm, and then neatly falls to his feet - and the attacking player immediately kicks the ball and scores a goal - the goal should be allowed - because the attacking player did not 'deliberately' handle the ball (and had therefore NOT infringed Law 12).

I think the ref from Saturday will be very dissapointed when he's seen the replay - in turth no referee likes to get decisions wrong and I can only think he was unsighted or reacted too quickly, but it will be marked against him.

Dissapointed! He should be strung up in the middle of leicester, so that the locals can throw red leicester cheese at him.

Exactly, had we played like that in previous games we would have beaten Bristol easily and possibly Reading.

Yep. We drew this because it's an unlucky ground. It's all just down to the curse!

Despite the disappointment of losing the lead, I still think we did well on Saturday and that's the kind of performance we expect from the team, and the kind of performance that will have us up there at the end of the season.

Being unsighted should result in no decision being made in my opinion. I have sympathy for referees who are unfairly blamed for not spotting a handball or foul, but those who give decisions they clearly couldn't judge accurately deserve criticism. The decision sparked a flurry of ****ing ridiculous actions from a referee who had clearly lost the plot.

Yep. We drew this because it's an unlucky ground. It's all just down to the curse!

Despite the disappointment of losing the lead, I still think we did well on Saturday and that's the kind of performance we expect from the team, and the kind of performance that will have us up there at the end of the season.
For the first hour, then we seemed to sit back :icon_roll

Last edited:

I know they are, they are just looking for anything to cling to to detract from the fact that they are ****ed as long as SM is in charge and the board refused to spend any money.

Dissapointed! He should be strung up in the middle of leicester, so that the locals can throw red leicester cheese at him.

Suits me! Apparently it's certainly not the first time he has made some terrible decisions, he seems to do it on a regular basis, including last year in a game between Forest and Cardiff where he again was wearing his red shirt for the night. Not very popular among Lincoln and Southampton fans either!

when would we find out if the ref was written up for his performance?

I heard Sven say in his post match interview that they give opinions on the refeering and other such things after every game so I trust that this match wouldn't be any different.

I thought your lot would still have a chance for the playoffs this year, not sure though now. He seems to have destroyed any belief the squad had?

In a nutshell.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Forest supporting mate I bump into at the gym. He is a qualified ref and was the fourth official at the then Walkers for the Barnsley game last year.

It will be interesting to see what he says. :)

In the Leicester and District FA, the referee's are marked by managers of both clubs and given a score out of 100. If a referee receives marks of 60 or below over a sustained period of time, the referee is "watched" by the League Referees Association and by the Board. If there is reason to believe he/she is being unfair or biased towards a particular team, the League can remove him from being an active referee (in that league).

Is this still the case for professional football? Does anyone know if the referrees are marked/graded and if they receive inadequate marks, they're actions are called into question?

I've only seen the highlights but it looked to me like three out of the four goals shouldn't have been allowed. Nugent was clearly offside for our first as he was ahead of Fernandes and the ball was played slightly forward. It was also never a penalty and Konchesky was fouled for their equaliser. The sending off was very harsh but Schmeichel gave the ref the opportunity to do it. Hopefully, he's been severely bollocked and/or fined because he's done a variation of the same thing every time he concedes and it's not on.

Some friends were asking me this afternoon whether I'd recommended them going to the match on Saturday as they were considering it, i.e. how are we playing, is it enjoyable? It made me realise just how completely unpredictable we are at the moment. We could easily win or lose 4-0. It could be a cracking match or turgid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669