Post Match Nottingham Forest 4 (FOUR) Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. One ****ing game. I spoke to my Forest supporting mate after the game and he was absolutely spot on. No bragging, no ridiculous childish remarks. Just a game of football that they won and we lost. Considering recent history Forest fans would be a little short sighted to gloat over this one game.

I'm still savouring the boneheaded, inane, insight-free zone of the pre-match thread. Up with the very best, and the new one for the Liverpool looks to be another humdinger already.

This is such a stupid argument. Haven't you learned anything from decades of watching football? Players don't just stop trying. They don't just think **** it, I can't be arsed any more.

It is ALWAYS how they are led. It is ALWAYS on the manager.

How many times have you seen players being completely lost and a new manager comes in and they look a different player? It's about how they are managed and led.

Players play. That's what they are paid to do. They are trained not to think. They do what they're told. When they lose faith or simply cannot understand or enact the instructions they're given, it is ALWAYS on the manager.

When some dipshits on here were saying the same in the late days of Puel, they soon shut up about certain players as soon as he went and a new manager came in. e,g, "Vardy was finished" and suddenly he was back.
Do you actually believe this? Good grief.

Just been pinged by the NHS app, telling me I was in contact with someone at yesterdays match who has since tested positive for Covid!!!
It never rains but it pours. I can remember my gran saying that. At the time I didn't know what she meant.

Humiliated? One game of football. Bollocks is that humiliation. It's one game.
Try telling that to Leicester fans who grew up and live in Loughborough like me. It's the bitterest of rivals in the 60s and 70s right through to today, just as much as in Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow.

Much rather we get shot of the likes of those pricks smashing the city up and that brainless fat **** who ran on the pitch. Let’s hope he spent the afternoon getting his fat empty fat drunk fat head kicked in down the police station.
Whilst I completely agree, there is a problem with young people being able to access tickets - especially for matches which you need to already have a season ticket to have a chance of buying before we take into account the price of the matchday ticket. Hopefully the stadium expansion, and, fingers crossed, safe standing zones can help with that.
I do hope you're not too old to be a poster on here? You need to be young, and also a massive fan who goes to all the games blah blah.. What Homer said was spot on, as ever. We should respect the fans who are still supporting the club in to their golden years.
I don't think it's about respect (although I don't hear much respect for the younger fans here either), it's about sustainability of the club. It can't be healthy for the club to draw its support from such an old group. I'm a Leicester fan because my dad took me, a story that's similar to many here I'm sure, but neither I nor my brothers take our kids, and that's down to availability and affordability of tickets

I'm a Leicester fan because my dad took me, a story that's similar to many here I'm sure, but neither I nor my brothers take our kids, and that's down to availability and affordability of tickets
My great grandad took my grandad who took my dad who took me...the only time I can take my daughter is to the crappy cup games nobody else wants, hoping the stadium expansion means it frees up 3x seats together, but then saying that if Bodgers is still in charge next season no doubt there will be plenty of seats available

My great grandad took my grandad who took my dad who took me...the only time I can take my daughter is to the crappy cup games nobody else wants, hoping the stadium expansion means it frees up 3x seats together, but then saying that if Bodgers is still in charge next season no doubt there will be plenty of seats available
Yes everyone will stop moaning about seat availability when we go back to taking 300 away at a mid-week championship game

I am very close to giving my season ticket up.

I just don't enjoy it down there anymore, the matchday experience is no longer for people like me.

I am very close to giving my season ticket up.

I just don't enjoy it down there anymore, the matchday experience is no longer for people like me.
The major problem was the point where suddenly football clubs started branding it as an 'experience'.

Whilst I can see the benefit of monetising it in that way, "an experience" is never what football was designed to provide. Wrong business model long-term for the wrong type of organisation in my opinion.

An "Experience" is a bungee jump or a walk across a glass bridge that can you do once and scratch an itch. Football isn't like that.

I must admit to switching off after 35 - 40 minutes on Sunday without being angry so much as the stark realisation that I wasn't actually enjoying it - and why do something you don't enjoy?

I'm used to my angry response, that's par for the course and goes with the territory BUT that I had virtually no response to it, other than the desire to not put myself through more of it, shouted 'end of the road' at me. I really have no interest in watching us again - though maybe perhaps a slightly ghoulish one to see if we do actually implode. Compare and contrast that to me watching the women's match earlier. THAT, I enjoyed.

It's not just a reaction to the Forest defeat, not even the Forest defeat (our football's been on the road to there for some time) - it's simply that I don't enjoy watching us, it's become habit rather than preference.

Having reflected a little since Sunday it is interesting to compare Forests last 2 FA cup opponents, both Leicester and Arsenal have overrated, overpaid managers with an overpaid and overrated team lacking fight

I disagree with the narrative from BR and others that we lacked fight. I don't think it was anything to do with fight. 'Fighting' means feck all.

We started the game better and should have gone ahead. The problem occurred as soon as they hit the bar. Our composure and confidence just evaporated and we crumbled defensively for half an hour.

At half time BR had the chance to reset the team and get us back into it but I'm convinced that his appalling reorganisation stopped this from happening. He should have made at least three changes and take advantage of obvious weaknesses in Forest.

What he actually did would have lost me as a player. Stupid changes in formation and kept on players that needed taking
off.

He was responsible for that. If your players have no belief in what they're being told to do and you can see that he's not addressing problems, then it will look like a lack of fight. But it's not.

I don't think it was anything to do with fight. 'Fighting' means feck all.
Seriously? You can't even see what it might mean in a context?

Edit: OK, I get that you might not put an emphasis on it but to suggest it had nothing to do with it...

We started the game better and should have gone ahead. The problem occurred as soon as they hit the bar. Our composure and confidence just evaporated and we crumbled defensively for half an hour.
Not only does the squad shit themselves in situations like this but they also lack the mental fortitude to take advantage of a win, that's why we always go back to being wank after pulling a good result out of our arse every once in a while.

"Watching it out of habit rather than preference" perfectly describes Leicester for the last 5 years. Tedious football, overpaid soft narcissists managing and playing for us and no attempt to counter the media narrative that we should be happy with mediocrity.

That FA Cup win and the run into the last eight of the Champions League. Jamie Vardy. Tedious?

I’m as disgruntled as most, but to label the last five years as tedious is a bit much.
‘’A bit much’’ is a bit too little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570