Pre Match Nottingham Forest vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way I'm glad it has come to this. A must win match at local rivals for a play off place is an exciting end to the season. I wanted a top six finish at the beginning of the season but some of what I saw in the intervening months convinced me that we were capable of more. Which leaves me in the bizarre position of probably being a little deflated even if we do achieve what it is I wanted us to achieve back in August.

Both sides need to win so Pearson might as well adopt the mindset that if he's going to go out he will at least go out firing. We should be attacking this lot and if it comes off we should take that attitude into the play offs. If it doesn't then I think we all know it will be be Pearson's last game. I hope if that's the case he is given a respectful send off. I'm as disappointed as anyone about the last few months but we never got the chance to show our appreciation for the achievements of Pearson's first spell given the manner of his departure. If we don't get what we need on Saturday we should try to put our disappointment aside and take the opportunity to rectify that.

Local rivals ?? :icon_wink

Big rivalry next year rhydal. Maybe the biggest in the premiership?

Using your logic...

According to Google maps, Carlisle to their local rivals Preston is 87 miles.
Leicester to Watford is 85 miles. Therefore Leicester v Watford is a local derby.
I doubt that match will happen next season.

Big rivalry next year rhydal. Maybe the biggest in the premiership?

Too right

Much, much bigger than either the Manchester or Merseyside derby, and far more important than Arsenal against Spurs, or indeed any of those half-hearted, nobody-cares London derbies. And that Sunderland/Newcastle malarkey is just a load of old cobblers compared to these giants of the game

Spot on, as ever

Last edited:
Too right

Much, much bigger than either the Manchester or Merseyside derby, and far more important than Arsenal against Spurs, or indeed any of those half-hearted, nobody-cares London derbies. And that Sunderland/Newcastle malarkey is just a load of old cobblers compared to these giants of the game

Spot on, as ever
:icon_bigg

The game will not be on Sky. They have decided to show Hull v Cardiff and Watford v Leeds.

As we're not on Sky, they can't be at fault therefore we will win.

Credit to Nigel Pearson only he could take a team from being nearly top to outside the play offs in a few months, amazes me people can even want him to stay. We won't beat Forest for shit, we aren't good enough.

The problem is not Pea Son's, it is supporters equating reckless spending and hype with definite promotion...something a certain couple of clueless Thais seem to believe too.

The solution isn't 'to increase net spending, and therefore debt levels at the club, by sacking everyone'. People have been posting all of this season about their growing discomfort with the nature of the club's debt burden resulting from wild mismanagement by the owners; this is no point to be continuing it.

If anybody should leave the club now then I know damn well who I'd nominate.

The club should be at the centre of the community, providing affordable prices and acting as a community partner. It should not be recklessly spending money it can't afford (based upon income) chasing vanity-projects.

I think the club were only 2 points off the playoff places when Sven was sacked, almost exactly where they sit today but I'm often wrong.

My point was more that Harbs was being disingenuous with his narrow view of Pea Son's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566