Pre Match Nottingham Forest vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of the first statement is that the Thais, as owners, have the right to take the club in whatever direction they may choose. We fans are a fickle bunch, we complain when financial results show that our team owes half the national debt, but rub our hands when yet another overpaid 'star' signs on the dotted line.

You say that high expenditure is not the norm in modern football: how many of these lower league teams are operating to a profit? Spending may lack a few noughts, in comparison to the Premier League, but very few professional clubs, in this country, are particularly well run.
On your final idea, that our owners "go away" and give the club to the fans: how would they be able to service the current debt?

Football relies on the fact that we are not a fickle bunch, we turn up, pay our money and moan a bit even when the clubs are being run by morons, it's some of the owners that are a fickle bunch, chucking money at their new toy until they get fed up of not being in the champions league and decide to withdraw their 'charity'. The Thai's may be the only game in town now but the fans will still be here long after they have moved on.

Those "clueless Thais" own the club. High expenditure and instant success are the main stay of modern football: to mis-quote NP, if you don't like it, find another sport to follow! :icon_lol:

Watching Swansea go through the divisions and into Europe, all with supporter input on the board says otherwise. Add to this Norwich and West Brom who very good cases for a club to progress without a major benefactor. Two of those clubs are a similar size to ours whilst Swansea were by far a smaller club yet with good management from the board they've made it work without high expenditure and a craving for instant success.

We fans are a fickle bunch, we complain when financial results show that our team owes half the national debt, but rub our hands when yet another overpaid 'star' signs on the dotted line.

Fickle? We've still managed crowds of 18,000 in the third tier, it's hardly fickle. We were attracting good numbers when swimming around the lower mid-table under Kelly and Levein. Fans still attend.

I'd sooner see how Watford cope up there with 11 new players.

They will sign or keep a good percentage of them. Certainly did with Granada.

The point of the first statement is that the Thais, as owners, have the right to take the club in whatever direction they may choose.

Here's my confusion, you're stating the obvious again. I've not said they don't have the power to do what they want.

We fans are a fickle bunch

We? I think I'm pretty consistent in my demands for a community-based club which operates within its means and fosters legitimate expectations.

we complain when financial results show that our team owes half the national debt, but rub our hands when yet another overpaid 'star' signs on the dotted line.

Again, you seem to be making a massive generalisation...and this has piss all to do with my point.

very few professional clubs, in this country, are particularly well run.

I'd be very interested to see that data.

On your final idea, that our owners "go away" and give the club to the fans: how would they be able to service the current debt?

a) Giving away infers they do not exercise the lien to their debt - the debt exists as a result of their careless waste and piss-poor management, they have no moral right to its return
b) Max Griggs model

Last edited by a moderator:
Although Gordon Milne was the manager when I first went to watch City, by the time I was old enough to go regularly with my friends David Pleat was in charge. I learned not to expect much early on :icon_bigg

Yes- Milne was never really liked partly because of the Coventry connection compounded by his infamous Melrose/ English swop deal. That said Milne did achieve promotion to the top flight - but such was the limited interest that I remember sitting in a half empty double decker stand the day this was achieved with a goalless draw i think either against Bolton or Burnley?

I've had enough of LCFC for the time being. I can forgive low achievement based on poor resources .I can't forgive under achievement as a result of mismanagement including poor use of resources. A manager and team who will find each and every way conceivable to stuff up any given situation.

Possibly my interest will be partially revived if the Thais exercise some sense after about 3pm on Saturday. And no I don't think continuing with someone who has the Medusa Touch would be exercising sense.

All about MILLLLL v Palace tonight for me, Bolton are in too good form to **** up but Palace are in woeful form and play a team on Saturday who could definetly get a point.

All about MILLLLL v Palace tonight for me, Bolton are in too good form to **** up but Palace are in woeful form and play a team on Saturday who could definetly get a point.

We need the teams they're playing to get 3 points though, not just a point. But yeah, Millwall fan for the night.... suddenly I want to punch someone.

I was hoping for a stream of tonights game but not looking likely.

They will sign or keep a good percentage of them. Certainly did with Granada.

Apparently the Pozzo family see it as more of a trial for the players, so as you say its probably a loan with a view to a permanent move should Watford make it up.

I just want this ****ing season over.

I can't ever remember us capitulating like this before from what seemed like fair bets for automatic, to certainties for the play offs to mediocrity.

If this doesn't get Pearson the sack then I dread to think what he would have to do to be sacked.

They even managed to under achieve against my poxy prediction of scores.

Shambles.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've taken 12 points from the last 16 games which is quite obviously relegation form.
This slide reminds me of what happened under Taylor after the Wycombe debacle...

Yes- Milne was never really liked partly because of the Coventry connection compounded by his infamous Melrose/ English swop deal. That said Milne did achieve promotion to the top flight - but such was the limited interest that I remember sitting in a half empty double decker stand the day this was achieved with a goalless draw i think either against Bolton or Burnley?

It was Burnley.& your memory is at fault.I was at the game & could barely move behind the goal we were so rammed in.The ground was full,biggest attendance of the season.Up to & including some bloke sat on the roof of the East Stand dressed as a caveman.
The anti climax came from the FA investigation into the pitch invasion at the Derby/Fulham game which meant we had to wait 3 weeks to have our promotion confirmed.But the day of the game was a carnival atmosphere in bright,warm sunshine spoiled only by our inability to score against a piss poor side.

That last part sounds awfully familiar.Mind you,it did then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566