November Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all ****ing fantasy on UEFAs behalf. There more than likely won't be a Euro 2020 (21)

Just bin the whole ****ing pointless shit show.

Even if it goes ahead all the players involved will be knackered after a season with all these crammed in matches following on from no proper break after last season. So the football will be even more crap than it usually is.

Same goes for the Nations League. Which was a waste of everyone's time even before Covid-19.

Travelling distance? Familiarity with facilities? etc.
for an international? negligible at best its not like they fly EasyJet with barely enough room to sit down either, long haul flights they all have those bed seats.

Even at club level familiarity with Facilities is more to do with the training facilities, most of which are still closed, our cryotherapy chambers for example

for an international? negligible at best its not like they fly EasyJet with barely enough room to sit down either, long haul flights they all have those bed seats.

Even at club level familiarity with Facilities is more to do with the training facilities, most of which are still closed, our cryotherapy chambers for example
You'll not convince me that it's anything other than ridiculous.

You're obviously not a supporter of Sir Dave Brailsford's philosophy of marginal gains. Why are our cryo chambers currently closed? It would be short sighted of any club to reduce their care of players' well being. Didn't Vardy invest in a home cryotherapy chamber? Hopefully it's the greatest investment that he's ever made in his career.

During out title winning season we were lauded for our use of sports science. There were numerous films of how we were preparing and conditioning players. I enjoyed the behind the scenes insight. There were also lighter moments of video content that was available, these seem to have not come my way over the last few years. Was it driven by Fuchs, Huth and Okazaki?

I've just googled cryo chambers and Covid. There's a John Percy article behind a paywall. I think it's been reprinted on the following link. I wonder if the Bundesliga data was verified, regarding the injuries increase.
Nice bit of research. I didn't know that. Thank you

I know our club was well regarded sports science wise, and know of the cryo chamber, (I think we have Nigel Pearson to thank btw, for I believe it was he that instigated it) but I ddn't know the use of cryo chambers had been stopped (certainly puts our injury list into a context)

This line made me chuckle (my italics, for emphasis)

I've kept pushing for it because no one has proven to me a virus can be spread in a single-occupancy cryo unit at minus 130 degrees, but there's still that risk so we're not allowed to use it.

I'm delighted to see that Maddison and Barnes are not in the England squad bit this is simply ridiculous. Bellingham has played one 90 mins at a top flight club ever.

Southgate is such a twat.

I'm delighted to see that Maddison and Barnes are not in the England squad bit this is simply ridiculous. Bellingham has played one 90 mins at a top flight club ever.

Has a parent of his ever been to Ireland or Jamaica for more than a week? It's usually the reason I guess at for these kinds of call ups.

he's been promoted from the U21s perfectly sensible given the pandemic

Jude Bellingham in the england squad. What an absolute joke. The kid has barely been on the pitch for Dortmund and is circa 12 years old. He wouldn't draft in Maddison for Ward-Prowse, but i think Southgate's constant looking for ever younger kids to draft in might mean we never get in place a 'peak' team of players who are at their absolute best and performing week in week out at top level.

Jude Bellingham in the england squad. What an absolute joke. The kid has barely been on the pitch for Dortmund and is circa 12 years old. He wouldn't draft in Maddison for Ward-Prowse, but i think Southgate's constant looking for ever younger kids to draft in might mean we never get in place a 'peak' team of players who are at their absolute best and performing week in week out at top level.
He’ll fit right in. Except the bit where he has to go to bed at 7 o’clock after his rusks and milk while the others are doing grown up stuff like stealing taxis and assaulting sex workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566