Of not that then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T Masala

I have read some fairly reasoned arguments from both sides of the fence over the past few days. Those that want CL out, and those that want him to stay. Personally, I am ebbing with the tide, sometimes I can see no other way but to eject him, next minute I think we have to stick with him. Lot of help ain't I?

Seen the list of suggested replacements, OK, but there will be more than those listed. Lets say we stick with CL, see if we can ride out this really bad patch. Something has to change doesnt it, because what we are doing now just isnt working well enough? What could we reasonably do to change things enough to survive? Doing nothing can't be an option, because thats failing us now and we are on the downward slope of the season. We can only afford to bring in limited quality/quantity players, Levein isnt going to change his style/approach, so what should we, must Leicester City do to change things? This is not a rehtorical question, really what can we reasonably do - and soon:icon_conf ?

If the board are sticking with Levein, which seems likely then we need to get 2 Premiership strikers in on loan THIS WEEK. Forget signing anyone as they won't be good enough for the cash we have. We have done our 'building for the future' for the moment - lets get out of this predicament. Someone needs to call in some favours and get us 2 strikers who could piss this league NOW.

DurhamFox said:
If the board are sticking with Levein, which seems likely then we need to get 2 Premiership strikers in on loan THIS WEEK. Forget signing anyone as they won't be good enough for the cash we have. We have done our 'building for the future' for the moment - lets get out of this predicament. Someone needs to call in some favours and get us 2 strikers who could piss this league NOW.

I agree with what you are saying, but IMO we have problems all over the pitch, we are poor up front, although our midfield is the strongest department we are continually over ran and out muscled in games, and defensively we are unbalanced and conceding goals and we have a keeper that instills panic. IMO we need 3 or 4 players who are in their prime, we can ill afford to sign any more potential and Levein needs a radical rethink in his tactics and formation and he needs pick his best XI and stick with that side, why not try 3 - 5 - 2 in the cup game and see how that works, with the talent we have available our strongest line up IMO would be more suited to that formation, and it is certainly worth a try, that way we would be able to field IMO our 11 best players and there would be no need for round pegs in square holes.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree with what you are saying, but IMO we have problems all over the pitch, we are poor up front, although our midfield is the strongest department we are continually over ran and out muscled in games, and defensively we are unbalanced and conceding goals and we have a keeper that instills panic. IMO we need 3 or 4 players who are in their prime, we can ill afford to sign any more potential and Levein needs a radical rethink in his tactics and formation and he needs pick his best XI and stick with that side, why not try 3 - 5 - 2 in the cup game and see how that works, with the talent we have available our strongest line up IMO would be more suited to that formation, and it is certainly worth a try, that way we would be able to field IMO our 11 best players and there would be no need for round pegs in square holes.

I agree partially Steve. However our main issue is that Levein has brought 3 strikers in to the club who have poor scoring records. We need an out and out goalscorer, 2 ideally. Hume could easily play Central Midfield or out wide as he has done at Tranmere. He has been the pick of the Levein strikers IMO and warrants a place in the team. Hammond and MdV don't.

DurhamFox said:

Good stuff DF,any idea who ?:icon_wink

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Kisnorbo

Hume
Hughes/Williams
Gudjonsson
Smith

Loanee (Pongolle??)
Loanee (Johansson??)

If that team couldnt get us away from toruble I will eat my hat.

I tend to agree about the goal scorers, so many games seem to have been lost/drawn because we did not make the most of the majority possession and numerous chances we have made.

I just wonder if we have the clout/cash/profile to attract the really good stuff we need. We look like a lame duck to outsiders. In addition, I just wonder if the board are game for paying up to 20K a week to anyone?

But it really needs that kind of radical treatment at the moment, just to inject some confidence and some points!

well said chuck because of our predicament we could be held to ransom by potential loanees/agents re wages wonder how far the board are willing to go financially

My Team would be :

Henderson

McCarthy
Gerrbrand
Johansson

Maybury
Hughes or Williams
Gudjonsson
Chaplow (Loan from WBA)
Michael Gray (Loan Blackburn)

Hume
Jansen (Loan from Blackburn)

Subs
Stearman
Hughes or Williams
Hammond
Smith
Andy Gray (Loan from Sunderland)

I am not saying that these players would be definates but at I think they are possibles and have enough quality to help us stay up.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
well said chuck because of our predicament we could be held to ransom by potential loanees/agents re wages wonder how far the board are willing to go financially

£20k a week is cheaper than relegation. Which I can only assume will result in administration again. Plus we would be looking at a huge payout to get shot of Levein then as well.

Last edited:
Where do the owners of the Walkers fit into the picture. :icon_wink ;)

Steven said:
Where do the owners of the Walkers fit into the picture. :icon_wink ;)

Teachers isn't it? I don't know if a repayment plan has been agreed for League 1 football.

im sure £20k a week is cheaper than the 'r' word im not doubting you durham just wonder if the board think its worth doing something like that or whether they think we will get out of the mess we are in we do need a striker or 2

DurhamFox said:
£20k a week is cheaper than relegation. Which I can only assume will result in administration again. Plus we would be looking at a huge payout to get shot of Levein then too.

Spoton Duzzer, this what I cannot get my head round when people give him the season and if we go down sack him then, I would imagine financially we would be in an even weaker position to sack Levein, surely it is now or never, we shouldnt be any near relegation let alone it being more than a realistic possibility. Imagine we do get relegated we then are stuck with players on Championship wages in League 1 and with a manager that we cannot afford to get rid of or a serious possibility of re-entering administration and a 10pt deduction, FFS we go down we could quite easily end up with no club.

I think we could do with some nasty fecker in the midfield,someone with a bit of bite/

DurhamFox said:
£20k a week is cheaper than relegation. Which I can only assume will result in administration again. Plus we would be looking at a huge payout to get shot of Levein then as well.

Foxes Trust have stated the club could cope with relegation as there isn't such a huge drop as the one between Premier and Championship.

Also it's a myth than mangers get a lump sum on leaving, they are paid in installments, remember that Taylor was moaning to the papers that he hadn't had his full wedge when we went into admin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670