Of not that then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree that we need a goalscorer or 2 and that getting them in would make a difference, but I also believe there are other areas which need to be addressed as well. IMO it is not just a case that we are missing chances and that is it, we are conceding soft goals, we are not physical enough in midfield we are too lightweight and we dont have a winners mentality, and all these are key issues as to why we are in the position we are in. Look back at last season we were not crying out for a striker then as well, please lets not be blinded into thinking that one decent goalscorer will solve everything because it wont !
I don't think a goalscorer is the answer to our prayers. People are saying we're playing well, and we are, but that's because the opposition know we can't score, and allow us to pass the ball aimlessly about the park, committing players forward as we try and figure out what to do next, only for someone to make a silly mistake and BANG we've been hit on the break, and are another goal down.

We have no imagination, creation or vision. We are reduced to taking taking pot shots, which end up more like back-passes to the keeper, and for some unknown reason count as a shot on target, so everyone bleats on about how unlucky we are because we had 264 more than the team we've just lost to.

I have been sitting on the fence, only it's a bit too crowded, and I've started to hang perilously on from the side saying 'Levein must go'. It's going to take a miracle to get me over to the other side!

I'm sure there are a number of reasons why we are where we are. Bad luck will have played a small part. Fact is that the table and the resluts don't lie at this stage. The club, the board, the management, the team have to do something about it. The fans can turn up, pay up, and voice their opinions, but we can do little more to make the changes that are clearly needed. I support building for the future and will accept that we may struggle a bit before we achieve what we all want, but we must do it from this Division surely? The club needs to make a powerful short term intervention to ensure this. The current squad are not getting the results we desperately need.

Getting rid of Levein may not be the answer right now, but we must score more goals to have a chance, so IMO, thats where we have to make a considerable if short term investment.

Chuck T Masala said:
I'm sure there are a number of reasons why we are where we are. Bad luck will have played a small part. Fact is that the table and the resluts don't lie at this stage. The club, the board, the management, the team have to do something about it. The fans can turn up, pay up, and voice their opinions, but we can do little more to make the changes that are clearly needed. I support building for the future and will accept that we may struggle a bit before we achieve what we all want, but we must do it from this Division surely? The club needs to make a powerful short term intervention to ensure this. The current squad are not getting the results we desperately need.

Getting rid of Levein may not be the answer right now, but we must score more goals to have a chance, so IMO, thats where we have to make a considerable if short term investment.

Spot on that for me.

DurhamFox said:
Spot on that for me.

Fanks Durham. I really want us to build from the bottom up, we have to have something sustainable. But the evidence that this is what is happening is ephemoral at the moment, it seems to be everywhere except on the pitch.

LeeH said:
We have no imagination, creation or vision. We are reduced to taking taking pot shots, which end up more like back-passes to the keeper, and for some unknown reason count as a shot on target, so everyone bleats on about how unlucky we are because we had 264 more than the team we've just lost to.

I agree, in the Crewe game they said we had 29 shots. Never in a million years. Papering over the cracks imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669