Official Statement - Taylor Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I F'ING HATE THIS CLUB..... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Sorry I needed to let that out.

It depends on who and what they are unhappy with / about :102:

As a shareholder would you be told that, I doubt it.
Maybe as Duzza says the deal might not even be going to the shareholders if AT was still there, but shareholders would have had alot more piece of mind IMO if the bid had the backing of everybody, the first one to resign is a blip and could be taken as opinion, but with two more going I feel it raises alot of concern?

As a shareholder would you be told that, I doubt it.
Maybe as Duzza says the deal might not even be going to the shareholders if AT was still there, but shareholders would have had alot more piece of mind IMO if the bid had the backing of everybody, the first one to resign is a blip and could be taken as opinion, but with two more going I feel it raises alot of concern?

I never said that!!

Can anyone shed any light on this:

If they have both resigned due to the fact the offer is poor and they feel they cannot recommend it to the shareholders and therefore are unwilling to sell their shares. Are their combined total of 663,000 shares I think enough to cause any significant problems in MM being able to obtain 90% or 75% of the shares??

Nobody can own more than about 5% of the shares of the Club. Andrew Taylor owns about half of the maximum allowed. There is therefore no way that these two alone could prevent MM from buying 90% of the shares.

Last edited:
Nobody can own more than about 5% of the shares of the Club. Andrew Taylor owns about half of the maximum allowed. There is therefore no way that these two alone could prevent MM from buying 90% of the shares.

Let alone the 75% he wants.

But what stake do the three of them hold, plus thier resignations would IMO make a few shareholders think twice, makes it touch and go from where I sit.

But what stake do the three of them hold, plus thier resignations would IMO make a few shareholders think twice, makes it touch and go from where I sit.

The three of them hold more than 10% of the shares, but much less than 25%. MM is only seeking 75% at the moment.

You might also like to rememeber that the FT wants to hang on to their shares. The questions then becomes whether enough of the others would "think again" and join with this group if they attempted to stop MM getting that 75%.

Last edited:
The questions then becomes whether enough of the others would join with this group if they attempted to stop MM getting that 75%.
But if they are thinking about the long tem success of the club, then we are worrying about nothing. They will sell.

They are not arrogant enough to think they are the long term successful future

Last edited:

Cheers Boc, what about James Johnson fella (that other person who quit)? Although I suppose between them they can have a maximum of 15% and as you say AT only has half the max, so we should be OK, as long as these 3s decision to quit doesn't affect other shareholders decision and decide not to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46