Official Statement - Taylor Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't get rich without being shrewd, or by being "nice". Some of us who said as much months ago were roundly lambasted for being "negative".
That's poppycock OG!!

We all knew he was shrewd, we all knew he's try and get the lowest price.

The ones that were subject to passionate debate were those people that continually told us that MM would ruin our club and feck off leaving us with millions of pounds of debt. I have to say they said it without any justification.

He didn't get rich without being shrewd, or by being "nice". Some of us who said as much months ago were roundly lambasted for being "negative".

I don't want him to be nice

I want him to be an absolute bastard who won't tolerate the fanny farts swimming around our football club, but instead is single minded in getting this club out of the death rattle that we are in the midst of, and doesn't mind who he shits on while he's doing it

And yes, I fully expect him (if in charge) to do things that I dislike intensely, 'cos that's the type of guy he is. But that's no change whatsoever from the current crop of incompetent tossers - and at the very least he will seeking to drag this club up the league while he is doing it

MM has played the waiting game and IMO the reasons for AT and GC resigning could be down to the fact that they had seen through MM's tactics and had recommended the sale of players get the club through to the summer and in buying the club this extra time give them an opportunity to explore other avenues.
A valid scenario.

I'd blame our board for this then for them not being competent enough to play the game against MM and at least come out with a draw.

They could have called the shots on a deadline, and told MM to feck off if he didn't meet the deadline

I want him to be an absolute bastard who won't tolerate the fanny farts swimming around our football club, but instead is single minded in getting this club out of the death rattle that we are in the midst of, and doesn't mind who he shits on while he's doing it

And yes, I fully expect him (if in charge) to do things that I dislike intensely, 'cos that's the type of guy he is. But that's no change whatsoever from the current crop of incompetent tossers - and at the very least he will seeking to drag this club up the league while he is doing it

top post homer well said :038: :038: :038:

That's poppycock OG!!

We all knew he was shrewd, we all knew he's try and get the lowest price.

The ones that were subject to passionate debate were those people that continually told us that MM would ruin our club and feck off leaving us with millions of pounds of debt. I have to say they said it without any justification.

I'm sure you are right. I constantly forget that others know my opinions better than I do.

I'm sure you are right. I constantly forget that others know my opinions better than I do.
Sorry, I didn't realise you posted it as an opinion, I thought you posted a fact. Must be where the confusion came from then.

:038:

So is the deal done yet? :icon_roll

Have to say, I'm starting to get uneasy about all this.

James Johnson, Andrew Taylor and Greg Clarke have all resigned from the board because, apparently, they cannot support the takeover. Three smart enough men who've demonstrated their support for the club over the years.

The Foxes Trust have never been positive about it. They may be a rather amateurish set-up, but they have the clubs interest at heart.

MM keeps changing his offer downwards and then moaning about it taking so long. We must be very close to going bust for this to happen. We have our mortgage on the ground and an allowed £2.5m overdraft. We must be exceeding this with our losses this season. If other shareholders are not prepared to cover the excess debt (and with a takeover on the table, why would they), we're done for.

A Pompey fan at a Q & A with Harry Redknapp last week, when asked about MM said, "I spoke to him yesterday, he's getting cold feet about Leicester as he thinks he may have to put some of his own money in".

It's all starting to stink a bit.

Have to say, I'm starting to get uneasy about all this.

James Johnson, Andrew Taylor and Greg Clarke have all resigned from the board because, apparently, they cannot support the takeover. Three smart enough men who've demonstrated their support for the club over the years.

The Foxes Trust have never been positive about it. They may be a rather amateurish set-up, but they have the clubs interest at heart.

MM keeps changing his offer downwards and then moaning about it taking so long. We must be very close to going bust for this to happen. We have our mortgage on the ground and an allowed £2.5m overdraft. We must be exceeding this with our losses this season. If other shareholders are not prepared to cover the excess debt (and with a takeover on the table, why would they), we're done for.

A Pompey fan at a Q & A with Harry Redknapp last week, when asked about MM said, "I spoke to him yesterday, he's getting cold feet about Leicester as he thinks he may have to put some of his own money in".

It's all starting to stink a bit.

I smell a potential rival consortium being put together, could there be a split in the board with some seemingly desperate to sell at any price whilst others have reservations. Also an unconditional bid could be submitted which gaurentees the shareholders a price without due diligence being required.

As board members these individuals would be well aware of the clubs financial position and what would be a "fair price". Maybe they feel that if they can ditch some of the current board who are holding the club back, they can generate the investment and have the experience and know how to take the club forward.

I was agreeing with you Homer!

(I really must stop doing that:icon_redf )

I smell a potential rival consortium being put together, could there be a split in the board with some seemingly desperate to sell at any price whilst others have reservations. Also an unconditional bid could be submitted which gaurentees the shareholders a price without due diligence being required.

As board members these individuals would be well aware of the clubs financial position and what would be a "fair price". Maybe they feel that if they can ditch some of the current board who are holding the club back, they can generate the investment and have the experience and know how to take the club forward.

Someone on the other forum said Martin George was up to something at the moment. Some people believe he has inside info, i've never seen it though personally.

becuase of our league position. it has changed since this all kicked off :icon_roll

What has really changed right now is that the transfer window is closed, and so the club have no option available to it to sell any players to raise some cash

It's shit or bust, money wise - and Mandy and his mum have played this one beautifully

Although I'm sure he knows it's a high risk game he's playing - they could actually reject his offer.

Brinkmanship in it's finest form

What has really changed right now is that the transfer window is closed, and so the club have no option available to it to sell any players to raise some cash

It's shit or bust, money wise - and Mandy and his mum have played this one beautifully

Although I'm sure he knows it's a high risk game he's playing - they could actually reject his offer.

Brinkmanship in it's finest form

I really do not think that the club were under much pressure to sell one of our better players.

The aim is for the board to recommend the MM offer to shareholders, therefore any board members who don't agree with recommending would have to resign (unless all board members were totally against, in which case the deal would not progress).

We can confirm the reasons as low roller stated above.

Jim McCahill has resumed as Chairman in the interim, MM couldn't join the board that would not be approved by the takeover panel

Mmm....the messages that are sent out from the board room are ones of total disarray.

I can't believe that all this doesn't stem from the club being in an even weaker financial state than everyone feared.

If ever a club needed a fresh management this is it.

All we ever hear is stuff about how many years directors have been loyal City supporters or what nice people are managing the club...and I bet they are really great when it comes to looking after the family pet etc. In the meantime the club is like a stranded whale dying on the beach.

How many more months can things continue like this before the whole thing finally implodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46