Official Statement - Taylor Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very question that I asked myself. The only answer must surely be that they realise that it is a lost cause and that they are sure that the rest of the board are intent on going down a path that they can;t support.

I feel this is a matter for concern.
According to all reports I've heard/read is that these two were against the bid.

But I have to agree, that actions speak louder than words, and these two guy's actions appear to be actions that support the bid fully

In the circumstances, I can only presume that Andrew Taylor felt that he no longer had the support of the rest of the board in carrying out the job he was appointed to do. It seems to me that this is a sign that the board wish to go ahead, despite his advice.

If somebody like Andrew Taylor feels that the bid is not good enough, perhaps we all should be worried.

AT has resigned because he would lose all professional credibility if he recommended a deal that advisors have laughed at over a month ago, since then it has even got worse.

AT has resigned because he would lose all professional credibility if he recommended a deal that advisors have laughed at over a month ago, since then it has even got worse.

Question is - is it laughable for the shareholders, or for the future of the club/team ?

If it's the former I couldn't give a shit

If it's the latter then it's brown trouser time - but that is really no change from where we are now. We all know this is high risk stuff all round, but what is the alternative ??

In the circumstances, I can only presume that Andrew Taylor felt that he no longer had the support of the rest of the board in carrying out the job he was appointed to do. It seems to me that this is a sign that the board wish to go ahead, despite his advice.

It has got nothing to do with having their support, it is all about being able to represent their views professionally and with integrity.

According to all reports I've heard/read is that these two were against the bid.

But I have to agree, that actions speak louder than words, and these two guy's actions appear to be actions that support the bid fully

AT was the biggest supporter of the bid, it was his baby.

Could it be the case that some directors were asking for too much from this deal and putting pressure on AT. My GUESS would be that he is now saying "I've done my best, you lot sort it out".

Question is - is it laughable for the shareholders, or for the future of the club/team ?

If it's the latter then it's brown trouser time - but that is really no change from where we are now. We all know this is high risk stuff all round, but what is the alternative ??

What makes me smile is that on one hand we are being told that the bid is laughable and that business crediability means that people are now resigning as it is such a bad option to pursue. And yet there are elements of the board and existing shareholders seem adamant to sell to Mandaric which suggests that the alternative of continuing in our current guise is too horrific to contemplate, but no we are then told that we are financially stable..........

So if the bid is such that it would be foolish to accept and we are financially stable and in no risk of imminient administration, why are shareholders so keen to accept :102:

I suspect it is the latter - they wanted assurances from MM about his level of investment, the training ground, etc., and they have not been forthcoming.

Who knows

But this makes it 451 posts of complete speculative shit

:038: :038: :038:

Last edited:

Spot on Homer

Potentially both,

It certainly is for the shareholders who are practically giving away something that financial people value at considerably more than MM wants to pay.

As far as the future is concerned then we will have to wait and see, as MM has flatly denied all requests to provide any kind of gaurantees that would secure the club's future in the event of failure to reach the premiership in the next 3/4 years.

So if the bid is such that it would be foolish to accept and we are financially stable and in no risk of imminient administration, why are shareholders so keen to accept :102:

Because the cr@p that would be directed at them by the majority of supporters who have swallowed MM's propaganda hook, line and sinker?

Greg Clarke has been a life-long City fan. I know because he went to school with a friend of mine.

And as a member of the previous board he was partly responsible for us going into administration in the first place so don't give me any crap about being a city fan.

Having had few shares in the previos set up he bought heavily into the club during admin thinking to become a big player. That didn't work and with MM stepping in he wants all his cash back. Thats most unlikely and so he has always opposed the deal with MM.

Could it be the case that some directors were asking for too much from this deal and putting pressure on AT. My GUESS would be that he is now saying "I've done my best, you lot sort it out".

Most of the shareholders are being guided by the AT / board not the other way around, causing him to resign because he couldn't honestly back the deal after all the changes.

MM has flatly denied all requests to provide any kind of gaurantees that would secure the club's future in the event of failure to reach the premiership in the next 3/4 years.
Do we know that the guarantees from the current board are as to keeping us still in business in 3 or 4 years time?

And as a member of the previous board he was partly responsible for us going into administration in the first place so don't give me any crap about being a city fan.

Having had few shares in the previos set up he bought heavily into the club during admin thinking to become a big player. That didn't work and with MM stepping in he wants all his cash back. Thats most unlikely and so he has always opposed the deal with MM.

He likes tits?

They just want out, sick to the back teeth of the shit coming their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46