Oh no - not the Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:
monafox said:
I am a little confused by the statement.

What is the cash injection?

Who are we buying the stadium from? I thought it was owned by the American bank.

If its 50/50 share then surely the tigers keepthere gate receipts and we ours.

Don't really see any benefit to LCFC, but loads to the Tigers!!

Spot on there, another thing is were the hell is the 50% coming from on LCFC side? we are told we are skint. Making a huge investment only a couple of years after admin surely is sending out the wrong message and how must the people that lost businesses through it and are still owed money feel :(

Is it really that difficult to understand?

At the moment we're paying 'rent' for the stadium.

If we buy it, with the Tigers, we'll be paying half the cost of the mortgage to buy it. Which should be a lot cheaper than what we're paying now. Also it should reduce the amount of day to day expenses on the stadium. So financially it's a good idea.

But Morally and Ethically it's as bad as cloning a freak.

it was bound to happen. the bowl isn't our home anyway, it's soul-less, filbo is where we live... :(

why not give the grace road boys a shout to play there too? the riders could use the evenings too!

webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:
monafox said:
I am a little confused by the statement.

What is the cash injection?

Who are we buying the stadium from? I thought it was owned by the American bank.

If its 50/50 share then surely the tigers keepthere gate receipts and we ours.

Don't really see any benefit to LCFC, but loads to the Tigers!!

Spot on there, another thing is were the hell is the 50% coming from on LCFC side? we are told we are skint. Making a huge investment only a couple of years after admin surely is sending out the wrong message and how must the people that lost businesses through it and are still owed money feel :(

Is it really that difficult to understand?

At the moment we're paying 'rent' for the stadium.

If we buy it, with the Tigers, we'll be paying half the cost of the mortgage to buy it. Which should be a lot cheaper than what we're paying now. Also it should reduce the amount of day to day expenses on the stadium. So financially it's a good idea.

You might be right, but, the american bank (?) that own the stadium were given this due to us being in admin and got paid off in this way, when (not if) we buy it back with the Tigers it will not be at the original £35 million as they will want a big profit.
Now costings wise it may all end up being cheaper as you say, but on the face of it LCFC are making a massive finacial commitment not long after being in admin and IMO this sends out the wrong message and leaves a bitter taste in the mouth (I'll leave that open to the rest of you for inuendo :wink: )

I don't get it at all - are those opposed to this share seriously saying they prefer it that we pay US investors rent for the Walkers?

This is a) common sense b) will save/make money and c) allows further development of the stadium in the future a real possibility!

The only down-side would be if we had awful playing conditions, which I don't believe we will necessarily.

Naughty Fox said:
You might be right, but, the american bank (?) that own the stadium were given this due to us being in admin and got paid off in this way, when (not if) we buy it back with the Tigers it will not be at the original £35 million as they will want a big profit.

I'm sure when the stadium was 'repossessed', a deal was done then to agree the price for the stadium to be bought back at a later date.

alex said:
I don't get it at all - are those opposed to this share seriously saying they prefer it that we pay US investors rent for the Walkers?

This is a) common sense b) will save/make money and c) allows further development of the stadium in the future a real possibility!

The only down-side would be if we had awful playing conditions, which I don't believe we will necessarily.

It's just an identity thing though Alex, it wouldn't be our home, it'd be ours and the tigers home. Sounds horrible.

webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:

I'm sure when the stadium was 'repossessed', a deal was done then to agree the price for the stadium to be bought back at a later date.

I will bow down to your greater (and older :wink: ) knowledge on this webbo.

alex said:

Waiting longer, buying it ourselves = better sense, make more money and not have a playing surface problem.

Oh AND IT WOULD BE OURS!!

leicester_til_i_die said:
i've been to watch tigers a few times, love it, good excuse to get absloutly wasted. can't see a problem with it myself, all for it!

I go a couple of times a season and watch a lot on tv so i am not opposed to the idea.

I had no idea there was so much hostility between the two sets of fans and i assumed that most people were like me and supported all things leicester. Obviously i got it completely wrong!!

homer said:
On the up side, there a quite few jobs going next summer repainting the seats
there will also be massive job losses at both welford road and the walkers!!!

i've been thinking about it now. THIS IS A SHIT IDEA!!!!! where will our identity go?

we cannot have our club associated with clubs like wigan, rotherham, watford. to them we are a much bigger club.

Looking at it from a fans point of view, would you like to be sitting in the green seats of the martin johnson stand while watching your players play football on a dire surface with the rugby markings still down? And what about the banner that goes around the top of the stadium? are they gonna be making that half'n'half too? i dont really wanna be seeing a picture of neil back next to peter shilton!

If you OWNED one of the boxes wuld you like it to be hal filled with Rugby memorabilia??? would you like to be forced to allow rugby fans to use it? What about sponsors? they will be forced to pay more for the boards around the stadium. what do you think they will do? my boss has already said he's gonna tell them where to shove it (he's a city fan)

FOXFAN said:
homer said:

i've been thinking about it now. THIS IS A SHIT IDEA!!!!! where will our identity go?

we cannot have our club associated with clubs like wigan, rotherham, watford. to them we are a much bigger club.

Looking at it from a fans point of view, would you like to be sitting in the green seats of the martin johnson stand while watching your players play football on a dire surface with the rugby markings still down? And what about the banner that goes around the top of the stadium? are they gonna be making that half'n'half too? i dont really wanna be seeing a picture of neil back next to peter shilton!

If you OWNED one of the boxes wuld you like it to be hal filled with Rugby memorabilia??? would you like to be forced to allow rugby fans to use it? What about sponsors? they will be forced to pay more for the boards around the stadium. what do you think they will do? my boss has already said he's gonna tell them where to shove it (he's a city fan)

I imagine the boards will change for the city and tigers games. This happens in the league cup matches and also at champoins league matches. And to be honest not all of the advertising boards are full at the moment anyway.

FOXFAN said:
homer said:

Rotherham don't share their ground with the Rugby club.

Naughty,bow down to Webmaster by all means but never and I repeat never bow down to MK (especially when your back is turned)

FOXFAN said:

i beg to differ, becoming common-in-law with the tigers will help with the mortgage for starters. it will raise the profile of the stadium

as for identity, the madejski is a great stadium and all the seats are Reading coloured, besides if we had green/red seats, they'd be the away end for footy...

the pitch is the only concern, Reading, Wycombe and Wigan all ground share with rugby (anyone care to extend the list?) do their pitches hold up?

highland fox said:
I feel I must apologise to 'The Voice of Reason' I now realise that the 'shoving of Pils bottles up each other arses' is a sore point.
:lol:

Methinks your constant homophobic references are a mask for your own true feelings. Like the joke though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669