Oi, You!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now choose to drive with my eyes closed so that i don't see any of the aforementioned incidents.

It is much nicer.

I am a 19 year old driver - the Pigs and other drivers look for mistakes off me. All I can do is keep my head down - I don't want a bump in risking of raising my insurance, I am not going to pull of any risk moves. So I just keep myself safe and out of the way. If this means spending a hour behind some big vehicle, then so let it be. Although I do believe the motorways as Melton is concerned has it's own set of rules. I am like a fecking robot driving on a motorway - you won't get a word of me, I am concentrating so hard.

Motorway driving is the easiest driving you will ever do!

Motorways are fine if there's no traffic, but I find busy motorways stressful. If I have to drive to Leicester I'll often take A roads instead of the 200 mile drive down the M6. There's less traffic to annoy me if I avoid the motorway. Given the choice I'd only use motorways at night when the idiot drivers are all in bed.

Yup, its just a glorified dual carriageway with an extra lane! :icon_wink

Can't stand motorways myself, would much rather travel cross country or on A-roads and it take longer, than use motorways unless I really have to.

When it's empty....when you are on the M6 or M42 in the middle of day or the M1 during rush hour, it's a different story. The M69 every Monday at the dawn of the day and the end is easy as I do.

When it's busy, you are attempting to 'read' the traffic and predict the moves. So your brain is always working.

When it's empty....when you are on the M6 or M42 in the middle of day or the M1 during rush hour, it's a different story. The M69 every Monday at the dawn of the day and the end is easy as I do.

When it's busy, you are attempting to 'read' the traffic and predict the moves. So your brain is always working.

Do you not do that on standard roads :icon_conf

None personally and I do nigh on 50,000 miles per year, and TBH, I am half expecting for you to say you haven't either.

Last year I did 40,000 miles ... this year I have already clocked up 10,000. I'm of the same opinion as Melts. People that drive slowly are a hazard. They cause the traffic to close up behind them which quite often results in nose to tail traffic, which in itself is dangerous due to differing power ratios from car to car.
Worst of all, the 55mph merchants who make it nigh on impossible for lorries to overtake them. The lorry driver then ends up having to keep braking to avoid running into the back of them, or feathering the accelerator which means, yet again, everything closes up on them.
Some people do drive excessively fast, they are idiots, but the police will never pull you up for breaking the speed limit to complete an overtaking procedure safely. I laugh at idiots who wont overtake a police car even though it's going slower than the speed limit, and people who slow down to 5mph lower than the speed limit when passing a camera. It shows a complete lack of knowledge of the laws of the road.

just what I thought Duzza......

Motorway driving is the easiest as you say, its people without confidence of driving on them say it isn't.

Motorway driving is easier, but some people manage to get it wrong, and they're the twats that make it stressful. The twats who think they own the middle lane so you have to pull across two lanes to overtake them, then another two lanes to go back to to the right lane again. The twats who like to drive so close behind you they can listen to your music - and even if you slow down they don't get the message, it's as though they're scared to overtake. The twats who think driving conditions like rain and fog mean you have to drive faster and closer together.

I'd take a good winding country road with no traffic over a motorway an y day. To get to the match tomorrow I'm driving across country to Skipton and getting the train from there, far easier than the car park full of wankers that's the M6.

Motorway driving is easier, but some people manage to get it wrong, and they're the twats that make it stressful. The twats who think they own the middle lane so you have to pull across two lanes to overtake them, then another two lanes to go back to to the right lane again. The twats who like to drive so close behind you they can listen to your music - and even if you slow down they don't get the message, it's as though they're scared to overtake. The twats who think driving conditions like rain and fog mean you have to drive faster and closer together.

Back to the RIGHT HAND lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

I had to share my ride into work with 6 other people this morning. And had to stop at Ninian Park for a minute despite the fact no-one wanted to get on or off. Still, 7 minutes ain't bad.
Let the train take the strain. Woowoo.

people who slow down to 5mph lower than the speed limit when passing a camera. It shows a complete lack of knowledge of the laws of the road.

And a lack of knowledge of their own speedometer which is set at a few miles above the actual speed.

Last edited:
Yesterday I managed to get a nice speed well over the limit going up the A47 to Earl Shilton. Was test driving a new motor.
We all break speed limits so why are we all talking as if you don't?

Yesterday I managed to get a nice speed well over the limit going up the A47 to Earl Shilton. Was test driving a new motor.
We all break speed limits so why are we all talking as if you don't?
The police seem to think that driving past Leicester Prison doing 36mph at 08.00 on a Sunday morning with no one around is too fast. I know this because I have a letter telling me so.

I bet one of these ****ing caravaners wouldn't have been in trouble if he had been doing 15mph in the same spot. Which, IMO is more hazardous than my crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46