Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal highlight of the game was when the Oldham penalty claim for when taylor went down in the box, his reaction was amazing, he looked like a five year old boy and as if that penalty would have meant winning the world cup!

that was hilarious, really threw his toys out of the pram. I just wanted to punch him in the face and tell him to quit blabbering..

Then later, hand to ball, hits the ball away from their goal with his hand to knock it out for a corner.. lucky boy.

If anyone recorded the match it is worth watching the buildup to the penalty on the TV. Windass clearly breaks Fryatts concentration. You can see Fryatt almost turn away in frustration at Windass antics before the penalty is taken. Credit to Windass, Fryatt is a young player and hopefully he will learn to cope with gamesmanship or will learn to do it himself.

Oakley as the captain should've took the ball off Fryatt and given it to Howard when that was happening imo.

first time i get to a game this season - body language had miss written all over the penalty- should have let howard or oakley himself take it-

SWMBO who is a liverpool fan stated in her post match summary that we would struggle in the championship and with the amount of ball given away plus lack of width and pace toget behind the oldham backs may be telling next season. but for myself i thought hobbs at the back and martin in goal were good value ,and for oldham- taylor looked dangerous early on.

the tea at the walkers is like mud...

footnote -we paid 62 gbp for the seats,earlier in december we went to psv-lfc in holland and it was 80 euros (about 70 gbp)

..football got a lot more expensive since the days of 35p in the pop side
:102:

that was hilarious, really threw his toys out of the pram. I just wanted to punch him in the face and tell him to quit blabbering..

Then later, hand to ball, hits the ball away from their goal with his hand to knock it out for a corner.. lucky boy.

haha yes, i didnt know which i would rather do, punch his wingey little face in or laugh at him!

Blimey, if this seasons follows suit that woulld mean up before the Millwall game!(Which might be a blessing in disguise seeing as I don't think they'd take too kindly to us celebrating at their place!!)

Though I'm still going for the Peterborough game at the end of March. Postive thinking for a change!!:icon_lol:

The fryatt penalty reminded me of a game against Man City in 2003/2004 season when there was a massive delay before the penalty which Dickov subsequently missed. I knew Windass's tactics were going to rattle fryatt you could see it before he even ran up. As time goes by the pressure increases, and lots of players bottle it.

Waiting for Mrs cleefox after the game an incredulous female steward came up to some other stewards stood near me and exclaimed "Did you see that bloke in shorts?". Now I wonder who she was referring to? :102: :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Waiting for Mrs cleefox after the game an incredulous female steward came up to some other stewards stood near me and exclaimed "Did you see that bloke in shorts?". Now I wonder who she was referring to? :102: :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Can't think who that might be..........:icon_roll

Any clues?

It isn't just you Bob. A bloke came out of the East Stand in shorts and wrapped in an Ireland flag.

I know who you mean. He goes home and away - travels with FoxTravel.

Poor performance and Oldham were far and away the better side IMO, however we kept our unbeaten run intact despite a very bad day at the office.

Certainly no reason to be pressing the panic button, we were never going to go through a 46 game season without the odd blip, poor performance or disappointing result.

I think when Oldham went down to 10 men, our inexperience showed and instead of zipping the ball about and getting it wide, to try and stretch Oldham we seemed to become inpaitent and played through the middle or played it long which played into Oldham's hands.

Fryatt's penalty miss was very poor, to not at least hit the target was criminal, but like everybody else it just seemed one of those days.

Credit to Oldham who were very good with 11 men and excellent with 10 men and if I am honest I think we were lucky to escape with a point. Hopefully that performance will be a wake up call and guard against any complacency that being runaway leaders can bring.

i thought oldham looked good, we couldnt really get going, windass did his job in delaying the pen - well played - fryatt shouldve got it on target though, they shouldve had a pen and we shouldve had another, was disappointed not to test windass from distance more, we shouldve have won it fairly comfortably but we couldve lost it as well, im hoping leeds win tonight purely to keep millwall at bay :)

my nephew summed up the game quite well he said '1st half was going quite well but the 2nd half was pants' :)

i thought oldham looked good, we couldnt really get going, windass did his job in delaying the pen - well played - fryatt shouldve got it on target though, they shouldve had a pen and we shouldve had another, was disappointed not to test windass from distance more, we shouldve have won it fairly comfortably but we couldve lost it as well, im hoping leeds win tonight purely to keep millwall at bay :)

my nephew summed up the game quite well he said '1st half was going quite well but the 2nd half was pants' :)

Get him on RL :icon_lol:

Not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere else but good result for us with Leeds beating Millwall, as they could have potentially been quite close behind with all their games in hand.

I know who you mean. He goes home and away - travels with FoxTravel.

used to sit in front of me at the walkers. isn't his bird welsh or something....may have got confused somewhere there

can't believe some people chose to boo after one (average, not shit) result that doesn't go in our favour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669