our 'fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitz

are the people who applauded sheehan for getting sent off the same that booed MDV for coming on? what was that about? today i thought alan looked embarassing and should have been taken off at half time, but for whatever reason players playing badly just doesnt seem a good enough reason to sub them. also, how long are people going to give before booing sylla is going to become acceptable?

fitz said:
are the people who applauded sheehan for getting sent off the same that booed MDV for coming on? what was that about? today i thought alan looked embarassing and should have been taken off at half time, but for whatever reason players playing badly just doesnt seem a good enough reason to sub them. also, how long are people going to give before booing sylla is going to become acceptable?

I cheered today when sackless Sylla came off as it seemed did half the kop.

I didnt hear MDV getting booed though. As Levein said he was about to wip Sheehan off before the red came. I dont think we would have won even if he had stayed on the pitch.

fitz said:
are the people who applauded sheehan for getting sent off the same that booed MDV for coming on?
Couldn't work out the clapping for Sheehan...
However didn't hear booing for mdv coming on, heard cheering...!

a few people in E3 where i sit attempted some cheers for him coming on, but a few arseholes (about the same number as applauded a ridiculous sending off) decided to boo

I refused to clap for SHeehan when he got himself sent off. He knew he was on a yellow anyway (whether the first was truely deserved or not) and to then go and do a silly challenge like that, he really didnt leave the ref with much of an option TBH.

CL used the excuse that he is a young lad, but on the flip side he is also a professional footballer and should really know better.

fcukcov said:
I refused to clap for SHeehan when he got himself sent off. He knew he was on a yellow anyway (whether the first was truely deserved or not) and to then go and do a silly challenge like that, he really didnt leave the ref with much of an option TBH.

CL used the excuse that he is a young lad, but on the flip side he is also a professional footballer and should really know better.

i agree mate - i would clap a player for getting sent off (nor boo) and if CL made the excuse he is young why play him???:confused:

ScarboroughFox said:
i agree mate - i would clap a player for getting sent off (nor boo) and if CL made the excuse he is young why play him???:confused:
you would clap a player? dont you mean you wouldn't?

fcukcov said:

Fully agree here with you, but I also think the people who booed MDV ( I heard them as well) when he came on, are out of order. We were already down to 10 men and to boo a player coming on will give him loads of confidence...... It has got to be said a fair few of our fans are just tossers and should feck off.
Maybury, McCarthy and now Sheehan being sent off...... is it an Irish thing?

Have to say I didnt notice any booing for MDv today ( I sit in F1). But I can believe it happened. MDV sees to be getting quite an opposition amongst his own 'fans'. This is not good for the player or his confidence.

Last edited:
Boy Genius said:
but I also think the people who booed MDV

were they not booing the man that came off???

Tend to agree with you there MK, IMO Sylla has become a real target for the boo boys, and it appears to be for his persistent lack of effort and commitment, however regardless of this I still do not agree with fans turning on their own, I refuse to clap a player if I feel they are not giving their all, booing is negative and only adds to the problem.

we need to boosta players confidence. i remember the preston game last season, everyone was singing for benjamin, and as a result he was great before he got injured, he was everywhere, and bagged himself a goal. we all know he wasn't the greatest player but given the support he was fantastic for that half hour. the effect might be the same for MDV????

lets give it a try!

We had a number of muppets sitting behind us singing songs like, "we are so sh*t its unbelieveable", "Were sh*t and we know we are", "Levein Out" etc etc. What i dont understand is if they are not happy or not enjoying it why dont they just leave so that i can recover from my massive hangover in relative peace.

I did clap Sheehan when he was sent off, Admittedly he shouldnt have dived into the tackle but i felt he was unlucky to get the first booking and a polite clap well only help his confidence. I didnt hear the boos for MDV but we have always had those leicester fans who need somebody to boo, it will prob change to Sylla soon, unless his performances improve

The idiots behind me were wanting De Vries executed even before he'd kicked a ball. The slightest mistake made was his fault even if he was 10yards away from the action. Perhaps it would help if some fans remembered that the enemy is the opposition and not the boys in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566