our 'fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Willow, I aint saying give him 3 more games, what I am trying to say is that due to the inconsistency in results and our inability to mount a straight run of victories or a sustained run of unbeaten games we are always in danger of being dragged into a relegation dogfight, this in itself creates apprehension and nervousness amongst supporters.

I have stated in previous posts that in terms of the way we are playing and that the squad we are building is progression, and I have never expected promotion or the play offs this season, I too was happy to settle for mid table and the satisfaction of seeing a team being assembled to mount a serious promotion challenge in the 2006 / 07 season, however I am concerned by our ability to win matches under Levein and with us now halfway through the league campaign our record of 5 victories is hardly inspiring nor does it breed confidence.

In the cold light of day, football is about results, not what might have beens, hard luck stories or winning lots of friends because of our style, Levein has given us decent football and a squad packed with potential, now he must deliver results and start to prove he is the manager to take this club and squad of players onto the next level, and by that I mean a team capable of challenging NEXT season. At present we look a long way off that, not in ability but in mentality and belief.

Fair enough, I agree we are to close to the relegation zone for comfort!! but at the same time i dont think we are gonna go on an amazing run over christmas. From Reading, Millwall, Norwich i think we need at least 4 pts, but this would mean a win, draw and a loss!! Which is incosistent form, but i would be happy with 4pts come 2006. Anything more would be a bonus!!

Willlow said:
Fair enough, I agree we are to close to the relegation zone for comfort!! but at the same time i dont think we are gonna go on an amazing run over christmas. From Reading, Millwall, Norwich i think we need at least 4 pts, but this would mean a win, draw and a loss!! Which is incosistent form, but i would be happy with 4pts come 2006. Anything more would be a bonus!!

I agree I would be fairly comfortable with a return of 4 pts every 3 games as over a season we would be around the 60 point mark, which would keep us in and around mid table, what is making me nervous at present is the fact we are so close to the relegation zone and whilst we are playing some very good open football, we are not getting results and with a young squad, it can quickly lose confidence, the problem being this season is regardless of whether we play the hoof, as we did earlier, or the fast open attractive game we are playing at present, we still cannot seem to claw ourselves up into mid table comfort.

highland fox said:
I've never listened to this 'Phone In' but does anybody ever phone in with something positive to say or is it all doom and gloom,week in week out ?

i rarely listen to the phone ins.....for the simple reason of my stress levels last season. absolute arse pieces complaining about our better players (towards the end of the season) when i was still travelling back from leicester to edinburgh every home game quite happy that 5 out of 11 gave a shit

These are the same people who support Champoinship sides and then say:

"David Beckham? Shit player!"

Nothing more than footballing ****wits. Barely worth our attention and certainly not worth dedicating an entire radio show to.

They should, indeed, just feck off.

DesertFox said:
These are the same people who support Champoinship sides and then say:

"David Beckham? Shit player!"

Nothing more than footballing ****wits. Barely worth our attention and certainly not worth dedicating an entire radio show to.

They should, indeed, just feck off.

The people that ring local Radio Phone in's are lonely sad acts without any social skills whose only relief comes through phoning talentless 'journalists' who use the views of the senile and infirm to boost their ratings and attempt to be controversial.

Radio phone ins give a voice to those people who years ago would should be sterilised for the good of the human race.

Internet forums do the same, just for a slightly more intelligent social outcast.

Last edited:
What really dissapoints me is that if the fans got behind the team, with passion, from the moment they came out on the pitch until the end of the game before whinging and moaning then we would be a far better position.

IMO one of the reasons we have traditionally underperformed is because we do not have the obvious passion, during games, that the traditionally more successfull teams have.

More committment from the fans and I am sure that the team would be more confident and therefore perform better, resulting in more points.

If you want to have a moan do it when it is constructive and get behind the team when you are needed.

highland fox said:
This Season
Hammond 15 appearances 3 goals
De Vries 18 appearances 8 goals

It's not Rocket Science to see which one is more of a Goal Threat,I'm not knocking Hammond but We have to persevere with a front two of Hume and MDV until someone new comes along....IMO

My views again...... not related to me are you??
Hammond IMO needs goals, but to get goals he has to take the chances he gets and he does not do this. The confidence thing is all down to him I am afraid, the back up he gets cannot be moaned at as they usually give him 3 or 4 clear chances a game.

People should be asked Leicester City related questions and if there answer is utter rubbish then dont let them on the radio!

Also if you want the radio station to stop putting these idiots on the air waves then just stop listening to the phone in. :icon_wink

There were yet AGAIN last night on the phone-in the usual pessimistic City fans on spreading doom and gloom:icon_sad: and to balance that you had Glenn Stewart(full time City fan) :098: trying to defend CL and saying we should be patient and try and give him a chance to get things right.
A few players were named who should be taken out such as Kisnorbo Sylla Rab C Nesbit which some agreed or disagreed. Glenn and one of the callers agreed that they thought that Kisnorbo gave nothing as an attacking option in a game we should have been taking to Crewe rather than stoping them playing. Kisnorbo to me never plays a pass correctly unless its not under 5/6 yards and some of those even go astray, although he played better when we went to a back 3 and defended well when needed.

Motown Fox said:
There were yet AGAIN last night on the phone-in the usual pessimistic City fans on spreading doom and gloom:icon_sad: and to balance that you had Glenn Stewart(full time City fan) :098: trying to defend CL and saying we should be patient and try and give him a chance to get things right.
A few players were named who should be taken out such as Kisnorbo Sylla Rab C Nesbit which some agreed or disagreed. Glenn and one of the callers agreed that they thought that Kisnorbo gave nothing as an attacking option in a game we should have been taking to Crewe rather than stoping them playing. Kisnorbo to me never plays a pass correctly unless its not under 5/6 yards and some of those even go astray, although he played better when we went to a back 3 and defended well when needed.

I think Kisnorbo hasnt been that bad and Joey has come on leaps and bounds since being given the license to roam!!! You have to play at least one defensive midfield player even against Crewe!

Dunc said:
Internet forums do the same, just for a slightly more intelligent social outcast.

Dunc, how dare you! I take exception to being labelled.... slightly more intelligent! :icon_lol:

Willlow said:
I think Kisnorbo hasnt been that bad and Joey has come on leaps and bounds since being given the license to roam!!! You have to play at least one defensive midfield player even against Crewe!

I agree. it is hard to critisise Kisnorbo, he is doing what is expected of him. However, i don't think Joey is the best option of the attacking midfielder. yes he is eager but he doesn't have the vision or range of passing to unlock a stubborn defence. This is wh i don't think kisnorbo adds anything valuable to the team. he does allow joey to get forward, but i would prefer joey to play that role for a more creative player.

Feriol said:
I agree. it is hard to critisise Kisnorbo, he is doing what is expected of him. However, i don't think Joey is the best option of the attacking midfielder. yes he is eager but he doesn't have the vision or range of passing to unlock a stubborn defence. This is wh i don't think kisnorbo adds anything valuable to the team. he does allow joey to get forward, but i would prefer joey to play that role for a more creative player.

I do agree that we have supposedly better attacking midfielders in Williams and Hughes, but one couldnt give a f*ck and the other is never fit, so at the moment Kisnorbo and Joey seems the best midfield pairing we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669