Speculation Owen Hargreaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here?

Do we not currently have 5 first team central midfielders?

Would rather we brought cover for positions we actually need cover for.

He's probably twice as good as any of the other midfielders we have. Offer him a 6-month contract based on appearances and see where it leaves us.

Sensible thing to do here. Offer him a 6 month pay as you play contract, and include a condition that if he plays X amount of games, then it will be automatically extended for another 6 months (just in case he comes in does well and other clubs come sniffing).

I'd say he needs us more than we need him, so if there is genuine interest we should play to our strengths.

Hargreaves on a sensible contract could be the signing of the summer. I don't think he will come anytime soon though, as will be holding out for another premier league club or maybe another bundesliga side.

I still have his Wales shirt from when he played against Norway :) :054:

Funnilly enough he gave my Dad a £500 River Island jacket, which we put on the carboot we did last Sunday. It didn't even sell for the asking price of £1 !!

River Island? £500? Did it have 48 £10 notes in the pockets?

I really don't see this happening. The only sensible way to sign him is pay as you play, and I think if he would take that kind of deal then a perm club would take him

I really don't see this happening. The only sensible way to sign him is pay as you play, and I think if he would take that kind of deal then a perm club would take him

There is absolutely no point in signing him 'pay as you play'. That would amount to non-contract terms and if he did then prove his fitness, he could **** off at the end of the week. If we are going to be the ones taking the risk, we would need to tie him in so that we could be sure to continue to benefit if he does make the grade.

Get him in for pre-season training and take a take a good look at him. Though expect he's shrewd enough to want to know potential terms in advance, should he cut the mustard. Can see the match pre-match build up now "Abe to keep starting place for the injured Hargreaves" !

Last edited:

well...it made me laugh.

I heard about this but never seen it. That made me chuckle! :icon_lol:

As for him coming here, would love it to happen, very doubtful though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570