Paddy McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is whether McCarthy should be our captain with the kind of disciplinary record that he has got. Only a third of the season gone and he is already serving his second suspension.

I am not debating wheter McCarthy should be the captain. I was annoyed at the fact a so called fan was using icons of joy at the fact our current captain who isn't playing too badly when he isnt suspended. But i respect everyone has there own opinion and yes his discipline does need sorting out he is worse then Tiatto :icon_bigg

Both of who gave the ball away for goals on saturday. PM is class, his red card was a joke and he well deserves his place in the first XI

Perhaps if Paddy had still been on the pitch, he could have been supporting or covering them. Any player, captain or not, is no good to anybody if he has popped off for an early bath.

I don't think McCarthy left the referee any other course of action on either of the occasions on which he was shown a yellow card. To pull back a man who is going nowhere when you are already on a yellow card is sheer stupidity.

It looked to me like the guy dived, i didn't see him topuch him. and the first booking was for pushing mayburyaway from the ref so the CAPTAIN could put the points of view of the team across.

i stand by what i said harsh it may be but he is a "******" for thinking that and actually celebrating with crappy :038: icons that our skipper is suspended :098:

Honestly, some people take some things far too seriously :icon_wink

Perhaps if Paddy had still been on the pitch, he could have been supporting or covering them. Any player, captain or not, is no good to anybody if he has popped off for an early bath.

We still had 4 in defence and four in midfiled, it wouldn't have changed anything. both of them did poorly to give the ball away, simple as.

I'm with you 100% Boc, McCarthy is too tempremental to be captain. I would give it to Tiatto but he is in the same category.

There really isn't any member of our team that I believe is passionate enough about Leicester to do a good enough job.

Being a captain involves buckets of pride, none of them have it

Last edited:
He did fecking pull his shirt, I was staring straight at it. He put his left arm around his waste and pulled him, he deserved to go

I'm with you 100% Boc, McCarthy is too tempremental to be captain. I would give it to Tiatto but he is in the same category.

There really isn't any member of our team that I believe is passionate enough about Leicester to do a good enough job.

Being a captain involves buckets of pride, none of them have it

Hume ?

It's obviously the curse of the armband. Perhaps it should be given to Williams - seeing him over-excited and losing it every match would be something new.

:046:

Perhaps that would even make Mad Biker stay until the end of the match!

He did fecking pull his shirt, I was staring straight at it. He put his left arm around his waste and pulled him, he deserved to go

Still wouldn't have been an issue if he hadn't have been given the stupid first yellow. also i'd still find it debateable whether it was worthy of a second yellow.

We still had 4 in defence and four in midfiled, it wouldn't have changed anything. both of them did poorly to give the ball away, simple as.

And therefore, presumably, only one in attack, causing both the midfield and defence to have to do more than their fair share of the work. Just think, if McCarthy hadn't got himself sent off, he could have done better tahn either of them.

but the ball wasn't in an attacking area. our basic shape was still the same and they gave it away when they shouldn't have. there was still men covering and men infront of the ball. same as if we would have had 11 men

It looked to me like the guy dived, i didn't see him topuch him. and the first booking was for pushing mayburyaway from the ref so the CAPTAIN could put the points of view of the team across.

Do you really believe that?

Paddy is our captain now get off his fecking back. Yes he makes a few mistakes, but I don't think you can call into question his committment and enthusiasm. He gives his all and broke his f*cking nose proving it...then carried on until the end of the game. No other f*cker in this current team would do that.

He isn't the problem and IMO no one in the defence is. Its the absolute mockery of a midfield that we have and the few options we've got up front.

Still wouldn't have been an issue if he hadn't have been given the stupid first yellow. also i'd still find it debateable whether it was worthy of a second yellow.

That's right - I'm glad you seem to be learning. The first yellow was stupid - there was no reason for him to talk himself into the referee's book. Did he think that thee ref was going to change his mind about the penalty award?

Whats your problem with Paddy M ?

Nothing against him as a person. I just think if we're going to move up the league, and not stay lingering around the bottom of The championship he is not the player who will help us do it. IMHO of course...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570