Paddy McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right - I'm glad you seem to be learning. The first yellow was stupid - there was no reason for him to talk himself into the referee's book. Did he think that thee ref was going to change his mind about the penalty award?

does any player, but everyone still does it. he did it as captain so it was one voice to the ref rather than a team, like the way it is done in rugby, only the captain speaks to the ref

I believe it was because he was putting the views of the team across as captain and thus he was the one punished

It wasn't because he was putting his views across - it was the way he was doing it.

Paddy is our captain now get off his fecking back. Yes he makes a few mistakes, but I don't think you can call into question his committment and enthusiasm. He gives his all and broke his f*cking nose proving it...then carried on until the end of the game. No other f*cker in this current team would do that.

He isn't the problem and IMO no one in the defence is. Its the absolute mockery of a midfield that we have and the few options we've got up front.

Spot on Silver.

It wasn't because he was putting his views across - it was the way he was doing it.

How do you know, you wasn't close enough to see what he said. it seemed to me paddy didn't say anything too offensive which is why he sarcasticly clapped the referee for the booking

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks anything apart from the fact that our Captain let us down on Saturday is sadly misguided.

How do you know, you wasn't close enough to see what he said. it seemed to me paddy didn't say anything too offensive which is why he sarcasticly clapped the referee for the booking

How can you possibly know what he said to the ref? Has it crossed your mind that the ref could have booked him again for the visible show of dissent which you call "sarcastic clapping"?

At least if that had happened, we wouldn't now be arguing about whether he did actually pull back the player in the second half.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks anything apart from the fact that our Captain let us down on Saturday is sadly misguided.

Doesn't mean he should be stripped of the armband tarred, feathered and sent to Nottingham for his holidays. He made a mistake, but I can forgive him because loads of times he has been dependable.

Human beings make mistakes from time to time. If he carries on doing it then something will need to be done, but I don't think we should crucify him just yet.

I think the ref let us down on saturday

I expect everyone will disagree with me, but when I saw the penalty incident I immediately thought it was a penalty, it didn't come as a surprise to me when the ref gave it. It looked like one of those incidents that would have been given without any complaint if it had happened anywhere else on the pitch, and I don't see why it should be any different because it was in the penalty area.
Haven't seen it on TV yet though, maybe I should have kept quiet until I see it again!

Paddy is our captain now get off his fecking back. Yes he makes a few mistakes, but I don't think you can call into question his committment and enthusiasm. He gives his all and broke his f*cking nose proving it...then carried on until the end of the game. No other f*cker in this current team would do that.

He isn't the problem and IMO no one in the defence is. Its the absolute mockery of a midfield that we have and the few options we've got up front.

Are you joking?! The defence is ****ing shocking as is the rest of the side. In the last 2 matches a lot of the goals have come from defensive errors. McCarthy deserved to be sent off. He opened his big mouth and earnt a silly first booking and then he bear hugged their player in the second half. He may be commited etc but he hasn't got a brain. He should never be the captain. When RK does go ... and yes it will happen, i guarentee he won't be skipper.
He is an average player at best. I really can't understand why people rate him highly and some people even refer to him as "class".

I expect everyone will disagree with me, but when I saw the penalty incident I immediately thought it was a penalty, it didn't come as a surprise to me when the ref gave it. It looked like one of those incidents that would have been given without any complaint if it had happened anywhere else on the pitch, and I don't see why it should be any different because it was in the penalty area.
Haven't seen it on TV yet though, maybe I should have kept quiet until I see it again!

I'd agree with that. It was a high boot and as you said anywhere else on the pitch it would most likely have been given.

Are you joking?! The defence is ****ing shocking as is the rest of the side. In the last 2 matches a lot of the goals have come from defensive errors. McCarthy deserved to be sent off. He opened his big mouth and earnt a silly first booking and then he bear hugged their player in the second half. He may be commited etc but he hasn't got a brain. He should never be the captain. When RK does go ... and yes it will happen, i guarentee he won't be skipper.
He is an average player at best. I really can't understand why people rate him highly and some people even refer to him as "class".

What do you suggest then. we strip him of the armband and destroy the confidence of perhaps the last person in the team who looks like giving a sh*t.:102:

the foot was not very high, barely higher than waist if at all. and he would not have known where there guy charging in was or that he was going to charge in

And our defence is under a lot of pressure because we have no midfield.

What do you suggest then. we strip him of the armband and destroy the confidence of perhaps the last person in the team who looks like giving a sh*t.:102:

IMO he shoudl never have been given it in the first place. a) what has he done to deserve it? and b) i don't think he's good enough to warrant playing in every match

To be fair he does give his all and i appreciate that. It doesn't mean he should be the captain. He let us down on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566