Pants off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise the whole point of football is to score goals?

Bothroyd is 10 times the player Howard is. Howard is good as a back-up option or someone to bring on for the last 20 or so to mix it up a bit but he is no way good enough to get us out of this league.

Yes he may win some headers but the flick ons very rarely come to anything and even if they do, he's so slow now he's never in the box in time to receive a cross!

Yes I'm not a total twat, although you may think so. Steve IMO offers way more than Bothroyd. Bothroyd is probably 10 times the finisher Howard is - nothing else. There is no way in hell he is 10 times better than Howard.

Steve wins 90% of the aerial battles and the fact that they never come to anything is nothing to do with Steve, he does his job & it is about time someone got around him. We won 3-1 against Scunthorpe because we scrapped the pretty passing and went route 1. Up to Steve, causes havoc in the defence and when we play with Steve we're able to release the pressure on the defenders easily as he can hold up the ball, wait for support & pass it off to a player should they actually bother to get around him.

Howard is IMO one of our most valuable players, we look absolutely lost and clueless when he isn't there.

Yes I'm not a total twat, although you may think so. Steve IMO offers way more than Bothroyd. Bothroyd is probably 10 times the finisher Howard is - nothing else. There is no way in hell he is 10 times better than Howard.

Steve wins 90% of the aerial battles and the fact that they never come to anything is nothing to do with Steve, he does his job & it is about time someone got around him. We won 3-1 against Scunthorpe because we scrapped the pretty passing and went route 1. Up to Steve, causes havoc in the defence and when we play with Steve we're able to release the pressure on the defenders easily as he can hold up the ball, wait for support & pass it off to a player should they actually bother to get around him.

Howard is IMO one of our most valuable players, we look absolutely lost and clueless when he isn't there.

First, I said a Bothroyd not THE Bothroyd. I am sure there are equivalent Prem players who rarely get a game.

Second, I did not say Howard is not brilliant for us, just that I did not think he could manage 2 games a week all season, so we need someone LIKE him AS WELL!

Also if you think Bothroyd is a much better finisher and much greater goalscorer than Howard, why do you think Howard is a much better player? Do you not think Bothroyd can hold the ball up and distribute it?

And if you have read my posts you will know I am one of Howard's biggest fans.

First, I said a Bothroyd not THE Bothroyd. I am sure there are equivalent Prem players who rarely get a game.

Second, I did not say Howard is not brilliant for us, just that I did not think he could manage 2 games a week all season, so we need someone LIKE him AS WELL!

Also if you think Bothroyd is a much better finisher and much greater goalscorer than Howard, why do you think Howard is a much better player? Do you not think Bothroyd can hold the ball up and distribute it?

And if you have read my posts you will know I am one of Howard's biggest fans.

Bothroyd is a better finisher, he takes more of his chances and is better with the ball at his feet. Howard is a much better player in the air, he likes the ball on his chest or to his head so that he can control it and pass it. If your looking for a Howard type player you want Jon Parkin or Iwelumo. They are the only other 2 players IMO that are like Steve Howard that I can think of off the top of my head.

Howard knows the game and the league better than Bothroyd. He knows how to win a free kick & he knows how to ruffle up defenders so that they foul him.

I do think Bothroyd can do that, but I don't think he is half as good as Howard is at it & I don't think Cardiff play him in that style. Cardiff pass the ball about and look to their wingers not to Bothroyd to hold the ball up as much as Leicester & Howard do/have done.

Bothroyd is a better finisher, he takes more of his chances and is better with the ball at his feet. Howard is a much better player in the air, he likes the ball on his chest or to his head so that he can control it and pass it. If your looking for a Howard type player you want Jon Parkin or Iwelumo. They are the only other 2 players IMO that are like Steve Howard that I can think of off the top of my head.

Howard knows the game and the league better than Bothroyd. He knows how to win a free kick & he knows how to ruffle up defenders so that they foul him.

I do think Bothroyd can do that, but I don't think he is half as good as Howard is at it & I don't think Cardiff play him in that style. Cardiff pass the ball about and look to their wingers not to Bothroyd to hold the ball up as much as Leicester & Howard do/have done.

I would be interested to see how many free kicks he wins compared to how many he concedes, I expect the latter is far greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669