Patrik Gerrbrand signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will come good this season. Anyone who wants an indiczation of wht De Vries is like when fit should look to the first few appearances he made as a substitute. He looked sharp and exciting on the ball, this did tail off toward the end of the season but this was due to his injury.

DurhamFox said:
He will come good this season. Anyone who wants an indiczation of wht De Vries is like when fit should look to the first few appearances he made as a substitute. He looked sharp and exciting on the ball, this did tail off toward the end of the season but this was due to his injury.

With you there Durham, MDV's first touch and close control in those first few appearances looked excellent, he started to loose confidence and people got on his back and he lost some more, plus an injury as you mention.
I am not saying he is suddenly going to be able to head the ball because that is obviusly his weakness, but what we need to do is start to play football in a way that takes players style and skills into account. We can not afford 'complete football' players that are good at most things, each one is going to have good points and bad points and it is CL's job to know what they are and get the team playing a style that best suites. Very much in the way that MON did. We did not have the most gifted players but he played to there strengths, got the mix right and IMO we ended up with probably one of the best midfields in the prem with little known players.
Conners started to look a bit more of a goal scorer at the end of the season because the style of play had started to change, if we stop the big hoof up to MDV and play the ball on the deck a bit more the team will benifit.

I wish this transfer would get finalised already, as he was supposed to have the medical yesterday and is supposed to fly out to Norway soon if he's not announced as signing today I'll start to worry. As he seems keen to be here we have a better than we did with Lovell but still all this waiting....

Leigh said:
I wish this transfer would get finalised already, as he was supposed to have the medical yesterday and is supposed to fly out to Norway soon if he's not announced as signing today I'll start to worry. As he seems keen to be here we have a better than we did with Lovell but still all this waiting....

was thinking the same thing....taking its time getting announced!

No doubt he hobbled in to the Walkers yesterday for his medical on crutches, strapped up to an ECG machine and with 2 broken arms.:( ;)

DurhamFox said:

At least give MDV a chance.If after 10 games he is still not up to it then fair enough but like Durham says he wasn't fit last season this season we might see a different player,I really hope so and if so then I hope his detractors will be big enough to admit they wrote him off too quickly.

DurhamFox said:
No doubt he hobbled in to the Walkers yesterday for his medical on crutches, strapped up to an ECG machine and with 2 broken arms.:( ;)
I thought this threas was about patrik gerrband not Lee Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570