Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Dickov back, but the question is who would he play with?

Can't imagine him playing with Fryatt, yet Fryatt's been our in form striker during pre season... Could Howard and Dickov be the new Deane and Dickov?

Out of BH and DJ, I'd rather Hayles left, but I wouldn't be too upset to see DJ leave either/as well considering we'd probably still get a relatively decent fee for him.

It will be Howard and Dickov with Fryatt on the bench,maybe Dickov on the bench Saturday with Fryatt starting.I think Howard and Dickov could be a decent partnership at this level.
The other pair can both sling their hooks as far as I'm concerned

Last edited:
I would sooner Dickov start with Fryatt and teach him some tricks, they could be similar players IMO

Seems a bit pointless now that we finally have Wingers to start with two little uns upfront:102:

From what I've seen of howard though he is a better finisher with his feet than his head anyway. If the wingers get to the by-line they can pull the ball back across the box which is where Dickov used to be at his most dangerous

I would sooner Dickov start with Fryatt and teach him some tricks, they could be similar players IMO

Howerd is better in the box than Fryatt. Fryatt simply bounces off the Centre Backs when he attempts to challenge in the box.

When Dickov challenges in the box you know we are at least going to get a penalty appeal!

How can we throw a player in whose had near nil pre-season this summer for 90 minutes of competitive stuff?

I've heard that he's actually fully match fit as a result of playing many hours on Champ manager whilst riding his exercise bike. This has the added benefit that he was also able to eat pizza while he was playing.

How can we throw a player in whose had near nil pre-season this summer for 90 minutes of competitive stuff?

I suspect that we won't. He'll probably come on for the last 15 mins I would think.

We wouldn't

Howard and Fryatt will start on Saturday - with the pest on the bench, if he's anywhere near fit

I think I'm going to cry. It's can't decide whether it's the thought of Dickov coming home or the fact that I've just...erm, had a moment.

I will take Dickov to my bosom in the same way Mrs West would welcome back her errant son, Fred. Come home, dear pest, the number 9 shirt is yours.

I think I'm going to cry. It's can't decide whether it's the thought of Dickov coming home or the fact that I've just...erm, had a moment.

I will take Dickov to my bosom in the same way Mrs West would welcome back her errant son, Fred. Come home, dear pest, the number 9 shirt is yours.

:018: No 22

I thought 22 was taken and number nine was free still? Not that i paid any attention. Too busy wiping away my tears.

It's not just about how good he is as a player though.

His attitude with the sheep has been appalling, there's no guarantee it will improve if he comes here. Do we really need an overpaid prima donna disrupting the team spirit?

His attitude at Derby is more due to the fact that certain conditions they had promised him never materialised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669