Paul Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City have today signed striker Paul Gallagher from Blackburn Rovers for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old sealed a three-year deal and will go straight into the squad for tomorrow's clash with Barnsley at the Walkers Stadium.

Born in Glasgow and brought up in Blackburn, Gallagher is a product of the Ewood Park academy system and has been capped once for Scotland, against Wales, in 2004.

He made his debut for Rovers as a substitute against Arsenal in 2003, being part of a 2-0 win over the Gunners, then went on loan to Stoke City in 2005, scoring 11 goals in his 37 appearances in his first loan spell at the Potters.

In his second spell there he scored 13 goals in 40 appearances and last season was on loan at Plymouth Argyle where he scored 14 goals in his 41 appearances.

Better than the "Darren Carter rumour", he is rated/liked wherever hes played , not cuptied, proven scorer in this league, 2 footed and also creates goals good business
Welcome Paul (bang one in tomorrow!)ps first time ive seen signing first on os!

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]GCLkX4FUseg[/YOUTUBE]

Could be a great bit of business. The kid is keen to kickstart his career, and we could be just the sort of club to help him.

Well done NP :038:

Or it could be an awful bit of business, he might be rubbish and we'll spend two years trying to get rid of him.

Watford were also bidding on him, so we can give them first dibs :icon_wink

Come on Gally :038:

Finally our attack is starting to look stronger, whne fully fit we have Howard,Fryatt, Waghorn and Gallagher. With Kermo on his way as well I am finally starting to feel very positive about this season.

I personally think this means that we won't be signing that French dude. Howard, Fryatt, Waghorn, Gallagher as the four main strikers with Dickov waiting in the wings is strong enough.

I don't need cheering up, I just think people are assuming players will be good before seeing them play for us, and it doesn't always work out like that.

NP will sign a dud one day, maybe this is the one, maybe it's not.

He has already signed a dud, he signed Tony Warner and I'm not convinced about Robbie Neilson yet.

I don't need cheering up, I just think people are assuming players will be good before seeing them play for us, and it doesn't always work out like that.

NP will sign a dud one day, maybe this is the one, maybe it's not.

blasphemous talk Jeff... :icon_wink

Very similar to Fryatt isn't he? not much physical presence and not strong in the air, negating the effectiveness of crossing the ball in high using our wingers.
Kermorgant is not a target guy either, despite good reports. Although they should take a punt on him.

You'd think we have too much for Barnsley though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669