Paul Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we sign hooper and kermorgant i'll be a very much happier man.
particularly hooper who is an fing goal machine.

if we sign hooper and kermorgant i'll be a very much happier man.
particularly hooper who is an fing goal machine.

Hooper
Kermorgant
Gallagher
Fryatt
Howard
Waghorn

Isn't that just a little OTT?

I don't need cheering up, I just think people are assuming players will be good before seeing them play for us, and it doesn't always work out like that.

NP will sign a dud one day, maybe this is the one, maybe it's not.

:056:

Last edited:
I never get excited about new signings any more. They are all ***** until they prove themselves in a blue shirt.
I have seen too many potential good signings turn out to be complete shite, in fact more often than not they turn out to be crap. This one is going to be no different, I will make my judgement after a few months

Hindsight is awonderful thing!:icon_wink

Blackburn Fan on FT said:
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, you have just unwittingly been introduced to the mysterious world of the Scottish striker that is Paul Gallagher. The journey is either going to be gloriously successful or the cause of an outbreak of migraines in your community.

Gallagher is one of those players who frustrates immensely. He has genuine technical ability (albeit minimal pace and strength) but his application often leaves a lot to be desired. Furthermore, his best - or least bad - position on a pitch is still a quandary. A good comparison, in a way, would be Jason Koumas: so much potential at a very early age, much hype, some stunning goals but all in all, a rather unconvincing career.

Let me give you Gally's pros and cons, as I see them:

Pro:

- Technical ability - very good. Mark Hughes rated him as the best striker of a ball at Rovers a year or two back. He has decent close control, a good first touch, useful crossing ability and can make thunderous and accurate connection with a ball. (Think, in terms of technical ability, David Bentley).

- Will score some spectacular long range goals.

- Good vision - he will stand out by making some defence splitting passes.

- Has played a number of positions, so he can be described as versatile. So far, he has played striker, right midfield, left midfield (at Stoke under that Belgian (?) manager that was crap) and central midfield. He is right footed.

Cons:

- Lacking in pace and strength (think of a cross between Teddy Sheringham and Jon Stead).

- Highly inconsistent.

- Moody.

- Will waste possession with hapless attempts at fancy tricks

Conclusion

Rovers fans have long waited for Gallagher to marry his ability with attitude and commence a stellar career. It never happened and we're all fed up of waiting. So, frankly, we're glad he's gone and we've got a bit of money for him. However, if Nigel Pearson can discipline and motivate Gallagher, I think he will be a player who can help you get out of that league. But - whether he can take you any further is very doubtful, imo.

Anyway, he'll be the source of some classy moments, so I guess you've got to enjoy those gems and try to forget about the times that he'll play like a dehydrated Lee Trundle.

We were all sniggering when you signed Bruno Berner and that turned out alright. So have hope!

Pearson will give him a death stare if he ponces about. Gallagher will be world class! You heard it here first!

Do you really think that there are different versions of the OS in the UK & Sweden?

If you're outside of Leicestershire, you get a totally different set-up - I thought everyone knew that

Honestly Macky, you are a bit thick sometimes

If you're outside of Leicestershire, you get a totally different set-up - I thought everyone knew that

Honestly Macky, you are a bit thick sometimes

For some reason Kent gets the Scottish version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669