Paul Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked good today, obviously needs to settle but made some good touches.

Yup, a good link with the midfield, especially when we got the ball down in the second half.

Looked pretty average to me - but only fair to make a proper judgement when he's fully match fit, which he obviously wasn't

Looked pretty average to me - but only fair to make a proper judgement when he's fully match fit, which he obviously wasn't

His not bothering with trying to head the ball and just standing in front of the defender got slightly annoying.

anybody who was there...how did gallacher get on?

He was a bit disappointing really. No oomph to him and, despite the poor opposition, he wasn't a goal threat.

People have been saying about him not being match fit, but he is. He's played throughout a full pre season and has been involved with the Blackburn first team squad in games already this season. He certainly didn't seem to tire any more than a lot of the other players in the latter stages yesterday.

He looked like an intelligent player with good feet. His passing is good as is his close control. He's a creator rather than a finisher and seemed more comfortable outside the area.

Ironically, I think he's a bit like Hume in the sense that he doesn't really have a position that suits his game.

It will be interesting to see how NP fits him in. The best of the attributes of both Howard and Gallagher would be ideal alongside a goalscorer but can you afford to fit both into the same team? I can't really see it.

He was a bit disappointing really. No oomph to him and, despite the poor opposition, he wasn't a goal threat.

People have been saying about him not being match fit, but he is. He's played throughout a full pre season and has been involved with the Blackburn first team squad in games already this season. He certainly didn't seem to tire any more than a lot of the other players in the latter stages yesterday.

He looked like an intelligent player with good feet. His passing is good as is his close control. He's a creator rather than a finisher and seemed more comfortable outside the area.

Ironically, I think he's a bit like Hume in the sense that he doesn't really have a position that suits his game.

It will be interesting to see how NP fits him in. The best of the attributes of both Howard and Gallagher would be ideal alongside a goalscorer but can you afford to fit both into the same team? I can't really see it.

If Souness, Hughes, Ince and Alladyce didn't fancy him it doesn't sound too hopefull and more of a panic signing due to our current injuries. That having been said NP hasn't been wrong yet really has he.

If Souness, Hughes, Ince and Alladyce didn't fancy him it doesn't sound too hopefull and more of a panic signing due to our current injuries. That having been said NP hasn't been wrong yet really has he.

Surely that could be said of any player who hasn't made it in the Prem. Doesn't mean that they won't score goals in the Championship though!

Or are you already planning ahead...

Did you not notice that Blackburn are in the premier and we are not? I'm guessing you didn't notice how well he did on loan at other clubs in this division.

I think on yesterday's showing, he's much more comfortable on the wings. I didn't see him in the box once and he was forever floating out to the left and the right - it just seems like he's more of a winger than a striker to be honest.

He looked ok to me. A good touch, pass, shot and cross, can't head for toffee though. I think he'll be one of those players that you never know where to play.

Yes, it's always a panic when they've been watching a player for a while. Nigel Pearson doesn't do panic. Nigel Pearson doesn't do knee-jerk reactions as shown when we win or lose a game. He's the same no matter what.

Gallagher may not be good enough for the Premier League but then neither was Michael Chopra at Sunderland. He'll be in double figures for his goal tally by the end of the month if he carries on like he is.

Lets just wait and see, eh? Not every striker is going to have a debut like Waghorn or N'Guessen. He joined the day before the game and was put in at the deep end.

Last edited:
I think on yesterday's showing, he's much more comfortable on the wings. I didn't see him in the box once and he was forever floating out to the left and the right - it just seems like he's more of a winger than a striker to be honest.

Were you at yesterdays game? He has two good feet can turn on a sixpence. 2nd half back to goal turned in an instance shot their keeper made a brilliant save and turned it over the bar. First half marvellous 25yard crossfield pass that found a City Player. Offers something different he will be an asset this season.

fits in with what blackburn fans have told me, and that is he is an attacking midfielder primarily striker secondary.

Were you at yesterdays game? He has two good feet can turn on a sixpence. 2nd half back to goal turned in an instance shot their keeper made a brilliant save and turned it over the bar. First half marvellous 25yard crossfield pass that found a City Player. Offers something different he will be an asset this season.

No you have it wrong. They have seen him play once and have decided he is crap. :icon_wink Obviously they would prefer Dickhead being a tithead instead.

Personally, I'm with you, for a debut it was pretty promising, but what do we know. :icon_wink

No you have it wrong. They have seen him play once and have decided he is crap. :icon_wink Obviously they would prefer Dickhead being a tithead instead.

Personally, I'm with you, for a debut it was pretty promising, but what do we know. :icon_wink

Don't listen to the girl who sits next to you, her judgment is clouded...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669