Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
The legalities have very little to do with what we are talking about. Football clubs accept approaches from individuals and agents. Individuals and agents make various approaches; some serious, some speculative, some to advertise their availability to others and some to give them a fall-back position. Not all individuals are aware or consenting of approaches by agents apparently on their behalf.

If you want to debate legalities, please address yourself to somebody is similarly minded.

Fine, I just found the tone of your initial post a bit strange as it suggested to me that something underhand had gone on rather than the usual agent/client/chairman roundabout that we all know, thankfully it is now clear that the usual 'rules' are being followed and we can all breathe easy.

Fine, I just found the tone of your initial post a bit strange as it suggested to me that something underhand had gone on rather than the usual agent/client/chairman roundabout that we all know, thankfully it is now clear that the usual 'rules' are being followed and we can all breathe easy.

Underhand? In football??

Perish the thought!!!

But I am truly sorry to hear of your recent respiratory difficulties.

Last edited:
Give me a name - I worked there for a bit and the only guy with any knowledge in concerns to City would be Neville Hamilton.

Born on my street and his parents still live just across the road from me.

I'll ask him if he knows Newts.:icon_bigg

Born on my street and his parents still live just across the road from me.

I'll ask him if he knows Newts.:icon_bigg

On looking up the name Newts provided, I found out there's been some changes down there at Holmes Park. I was gonna text you that there was a job available down at HP but a) the bloke who gave me my break is on 6 months leave b) the deadline date was yesterday and c) the pay wasn't brill for a 37.5 hrs week.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been posted before ive just got back in from shopping :icon_wink

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7436917.stm

Leicester confirm Ince interest

_44604407_ince2.jpg
Paul Ince took MK Dons to the League Two title last season

Leicester City have made an official approach to MK Dons to speak to Paul Ince about becoming their new manager.
The Foxes confirmed their request after the Dons issued a statement on the club's official website on Wednesday.
It said: "This is not the first time we have had interest in Paul's services and it comes as no surprise to find ourselves at this juncture again.
"Paul is currently on a family holiday and we will address the situation with him upon his return."
Ince guided the Dons to the League Two title last season, and they also won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker told BBC Radio Leicester he is not surprised clubs are interested in his former England team-mate.
"I'm surprised it's taken someone so long of the summer really for his name to be mentioned and someone to make an official approach," said Parker.
"The question is will he leave or will he stick with what he's done with MK Dons?"
Ince, who began his managerial career at Macclesfield in October 2006, has also been linked with the Blackburn job following Mark Hughes' switch to Manchester City. But Parker does not think Ince will make the jump to the Premier League just yet.
"I think I know Paul reasonably well," said Parker. "Does he want to jump or does he still want to do his homework and still build and still learn really? "Maybe jumping to Blackburn might be one that might be a step too quick for him, to be perfectly honest." Leicester suffered their first-ever relegation to English football's third tier in May, dropping out of the Championship under manager Ian Holloway.

*slapped head and mutters jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus*

I don't think Ince will go to Blackburn, because he'll see it as a step too far at the minute, but I think that their interest could hurt our chances of getting him.

If he knows Prem clubs are already interested in him, and he'll probably go to one in the next year or 2, then it might make it more tempting for him to stick with MK than change clubs again. Liking the news that he actually applied for the job though... gives me more hope than before ;)

When's he back from holiday then Newts? ;)

I think we should find out where he went, what he paid for it, and what he had for breakfast on the third morning too.

I don't think Ince will go to Blackburn, because he'll see it as a step too far at the minute, but I think that their interest could hurt our chances of getting him.

If he knows Prem clubs are already interested in him, and he'll probably go to one in the next year or 2, then it might make it more tempting for him to stick with MK than change clubs again. Liking the news that he actually applied for the job though... gives me more hope than before ;)

When's he back from holiday then Newts? ;)

before MM dead line mate is what was said last night ,ill try and find out more tonight an over the weekend :icon_wink

Last edited:
I don't think Ince will go to Blackburn, because he'll see it as a step too far at the minute.

I think Ince will snap up the chance to go to Blackburn to a successful team full of talent and 'a step too far' is the last thing a person with his self confidence would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69