Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM can't still be hoping for ince to come here. surely the time hes been back from holiday is long enough to decide whether he wants to talk to us or not. if they've not responded by now then it must be a no.

MM can't still be hoping for ince to come here. surely the time hes been back from holiday is long enough to decide whether he wants to talk to us or not. if they've not responded by now then it must be a no.

Ince might be waiting to see what happens at Blackburn.

MM might still be waiting for permission to talk to Ince, which could involve an agreement about compensation, so not necessarily something that happens quickly.

There could be all sorts of things happening behind the scenes that we don't know about.

but if he's waiting to see what happens there, then he can't be too keen to come here (which i don't blame him for) and surely MM would rather appoint someone who wants to come here?

but if he's waiting to see what happens there, then he can't be too keen to come here (which i don't blame him for) and surely MM would rather appoint someone who wants to come here?

Do you really think he would prefer to come here rather than Blackburn?

And do you think MM would discount someone just because they would prefer to go to a Premiership club?

Some people need to get a grasp on reality. We're a third division club, we can't compete with clubs like Blackburn any more.

Do you really think he would prefer to come here rather than Blackburn?

And do you think MM would discount someone just because they would prefer to go to a Premiership club?

Some people need to get a grasp on reality. We're a third division club, we can't compete with clubs like Blackburn any more.

as i said, i don't blame him for waiting to see what happens at Blackburn but i think that it would be better to get somebody who sees leicester city as a place they would love to come and not be the next best thing.

as i said, i don't blame him for waiting to see what happens at Blackburn but i think that it would be better to get somebody who sees leicester city as a place they would love to come and not be the next best thing.

What if that means it's MM's fourth choice manager?

You could use your argument from the other side, and say why would a manager want to come here if he's only fourth choice...

I doubt there's any decent manager in the game at the moment who would come here rather than go to Blackburn. So if we use your reasoning we'll end up with one of the loonies who apply because they've done well on football manager on their PC.

fair point, but i'd be happier with a manager that really wants to be here and wouldn't be linked with a move every time a premiership club sacked their manager, because surely that would just unsettle the players.

From the Independent. :icon_wink

Allardyce moves ahead of Ince in Blackburn race

By Ian Herbert
Friday, 13 June 2008

Paul Ince was still waiting last night to hear if Blackburn Rovers want to discuss the manager's post with him – a situation which seems to make Sam Allardyce the firm favourite – but he will not make a decision on Leicester City's approach until the position at Ewood Park is clear.

Ince would clearly relish the opportunity to manage the club, with his former England team-mate Alan Shearer now out of the picture, and has not given up on the prospect of Rovers hiring him, even though Allardyce is being interviewed next week and appears to be ahead of him.

Ince is not making an outright declaration of interest in the position – sources close to the player stressed last night that he is happy in his position as manager of Milton Keynes Dons – but he evidently relishes the prospect of talking with the chief executive of Rovers, John Williams.

"Blackburn are a great club, with great traditions," Ince said yesterday. "They are a family club and Mark Hughes did a fantastic job there, so we will see.

"Blackburn have to speak to my chairman first. If that happens, we will go from there. I can't make any decisions until I have received a call from my chairman saying Blackburn have asked to speak to me."

As chief executive of the kind of close-knit club which Ince described, Williams will be only too aware that supporter opinion is set firmly against Allardyce – both because of his style of football and his career at neighbours Bolton. But Allardyce's excellent record at the Reebok Stadium seems to be proving a strong counterweight to Williams's mind.

Last edited:
well of course he is waiting for a preimership club to ring him, then consider us, you cannot blame him for that, i'd wish blackburn would just ring him and say no we dont' want you

well of course he is waiting for a preimership club to ring him, then consider us, you cannot blame him for that, i'd wish blackburn would just ring him and say no we dont' want you

You can't blame him at all, though we may have to look else where, Milan said he has been speaking to 2 other "strong" Managers.

Dave Bassett said in the Yorkshire Evening Post that Leeds and Leicester were dead certs to go up next year. He said that normally there are no teams that he thinks will 100% definitely go up but this year LCFC and LUFC will both definitely go up. The only thing he couldn't be drawn on was who would finish top.

What a plonker.

You can't blame him at all, though we may have to look else where, Milan said he has been speaking to 2 other "strong" Managers.

strong? if one of them is Grayson I obviously have different ideas of what the word means. chances are Ince is going to Blackbum and we'll be left with the dregs that are left, which is all we deserve as we are now a shit club in a shit league

He certainly has

I believe John Gregory can bend an iron bar with his bare hands

And Lawrie Sanchez can do 300 one handed press-ups in one go

Based on what?:102:

usually when there is such strong feeling within the media it happens to be true, and from interviews he seems keen to speak to them. if the Scarecrow chairman at McDons gives permission I can't see Ince remaining at them for long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566