Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
not saying he does. but has been manager at a big club where as grayson hasn't.

Just speculating.

Fair enough, however my thoughts:

1) Gregory has actually never done a good job whereas even Peter Reid has.
2) We are not a big club.

How many expensive flops did Gregory bring to Villa :102: What has he ever achieved as manager and how can you call him a: "winner." :102:

Impressive Joe.

If Liverpool FC continue to be successful in building this link with Muslim communities then I can quite see that there will be an affinity that means big commercial benefits and will overide any potential affinities with local football clubs.

I know that LCFC have tried to build up links with the local Indian (Hindu/ Sikh) communities but my feedback is that this hasn't been particularly well thought through and involved some naivety including thinking bringing over an Indian football team to The Walkers would bring in thousands of spectators.

Are you really that impressed that he's able to copy and paste text from another website?

Are you really that impressed that he's able to copy and paste text from another website?

Mild irony intended,Macky.

But I was mainly interested in the issue rather than the alleged author.

Anyway, back to Paul Ince - i would be very surprised if we can get him which is another measure of the spectactular decline of our club.

As to the stuff (Alex etc) about whether we are a 'big' club - it all depends on what is the criteria. if we talk about league status then we are in a small clubs' league and therefore arguably a small club. If we look at fan base and potential then we could be seen as a medium to big club.

All the above underlines the shocking mismanagement of LCFC over a number of years which has resulted in unmotivated, unorganised waster players taking us into the abyss.

As Allardyce is being interviewed by Blackburn today:-

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3680960,00.html

And although it alludes to Ince being favourite due to the style of football played by Allardyce, are we to assume that Blackburn have still not contacted Ince and that Allardyce is in fact their number one choice?

In my opinion, which is all it is by the way, Ince will stay at MK and we will appoint elsewhere.

If Ince has ambition he will have to leave the MK Dons this summer. He will struggle to progress that team in League One and could well end up in a relegation fight.

Precisely why he won't be coming here..........

The City chairman is still confident that he will land the right man for the job and revealed one major factor which will shade his decision.

He said: “The new manager will have to be someone who shares my own ambition for this club.
“He will be coming to do what he can for the club, not for what the club can do for him.

Sounds to me that this could be MM's 'justification' for not securing Ince if the approach fails..

Gregory is in there as the one no-one wants (a la Reid last time?) to make us fear the worst.

My guess is it's Larry by a mixture of default and design, he would appear to fulfill MM's above criteria.

but then I know nothing ...I'm just bored and idly speculating like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Grayson Def fits that bill.

Ive just been informed that despite me indicating earlier that Grayson was a possibility - no contact has been made with him at all. This doesn't mean it won't, but it's looking unlikely.

Ive just been informed that despite me indicating earlier that Grayson was a possibility - no contact has been made with him at all. This doesn't mean it won't, but it's looking unlikely.

Well who are the other dickweeds on the 'list', then (part from JG) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669