Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, when you mention Liverpool FC, the mood changes. The number of Liverpool fans amongst British Muslim and Asian communities range across gritty northern towns such as Batley in West Yorkshire to the more affluent areas in London. It's simply breathtaking.

And on top of that, do not discount the effect second and third generation Asians have had on relatives in Asia and the Middle East, who are joining in this trend of supporting Liverpool FC. Nowadays you hear about relatives in those countries wearing Liverpool tops and watching Liverpool games. This was unheard of years ago but with countries like India emerging as an economic power, along with the oil rich Middle East who now have competitive leagues, I believe it will be Liverpool who will gain the most by taking advantage of their popularity there.

British Muslims have a special affinity to the city of Liverpool. Not many people actually know that in 1889 Liverpool solicitor and Muslim convert William "Abdullah" Quilliam opened the doors of what is England's first mosque - a little room in Liverpool's record Office which is still in existence. His granddaughter Patricia Gordon, I have been told, is actually a Liverpool fan.

Ince won't get the job at Blackburn given his qualifications' problem and the fact that he would represent a gamble which Blackburn cannot afford to make.

However this has turned his head and he might now feel that he should wait and another opportunity will come his way. I feel this is true.

If I were advising Ince I would suggest he takes the job at City as it will be the first Club he has gone where there is a significant level of expectation and funding and making a success of it here will only enhance his reputation. :icon_wink

Ince won't get the job at Blackburn given his qualifications' problem and the fact that he would represent a gamble which Blackburn cannot afford to make.

However this has turned his head and he might now feel that he should wait and another opportunity will come his way. I feel this is true.

If I were advising Ince I would suggest he takes the job at City as it will be the first Club he has gone where there is a significant level of expectation and funding and making a success of it here will only enhance his reputation. :icon_wink

I agree with you totally.

Then we'll have another Little/McGee on our hands.

Not many people actually know that in 1889 Liverpool solicitor and Muslim convert William "Abdullah" Quilliam opened the doors of what is England's first mosque - a little room in Liverpool's record Office which is still in existence.

'Tis true - not a lot of people know this - I certainly didn't.

If I were advising him I'd tell him not to touch us with a feckin' ten foot bargepole and sit tight at MKDons where, as long as they don't feck up completely in League One, someone decent will come a-calling pretty soon - probably before Christmas

If I were advising him I'd tell him not to touch us with a feckin' ten foot bargepole

It's the only decent thing to do!

If I were advising him I would tell him to buy David Norris....at all costs, without him he is DOOMED.

I don't think they would mind the gamble, what with having Henning Berg on their shortlist and trying but failing to have Alan Shearer on it as well.

However, when you mention Liverpool FC, the mood changes. The number of Liverpool fans amongst British Muslim and Asian communities range across gritty northern towns such as Batley in West Yorkshire to the more affluent areas in London. It's simply breathtaking.

And on top of that, do not discount the effect second and third generation Asians have had on relatives in Asia and the Middle East, who are joining in this trend of supporting Liverpool FC. Nowadays you hear about relatives in those countries wearing Liverpool tops and watching Liverpool games. This was unheard of years ago but with countries like India emerging as an economic power, along with the oil rich Middle East who now have competitive leagues, I believe it will be Liverpool who will gain the most by taking advantage of their popularity there.

British Muslims have a special affinity to the city of Liverpool. Not many people actually know that in 1889 Liverpool solicitor and Muslim convert William "Abdullah" Quilliam opened the doors of what is England's first mosque - a little room in Liverpool's record Office which is still in existence. His granddaughter Patricia Gordon, I have been told, is actually a Liverpool fan.

Cheers Joe, very insightful.

If I were advising him I'd tell him not to touch us with a feckin' ten foot bargepole and sit tight at MKDons where, as long as they don't feck up completely in League One, someone decent will come a-calling pretty soon - probably before Christmas

I'm afraid all too true Homer.

Why would any young manager whose stock is on the rise take the high risk of taking on the City job when better offers will surely be in the offing?

I can quite see that it would be very much in our interest to acquire Paul Ince but I struggle to think it likely that he would take it on. It was bad enough last time when only someone a bit off the wall like 'Ollie' would sign up let alone now.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Proves he can cut and paste, at least

Yeah I know, I was being sarcastic. He cut and pasted it from the article I posted....:icon_lol:

LCFC will never attract a large Asian support because of the success of the local Kabaddi teams. FACT. And who can blame them.

Impressive Joe.

If Liverpool FC continue to be successful in building this link with Muslim communities then I can quite see that there will be an affinity that means big commercial benefits and will overide any potential affinities with local football clubs.

I know that LCFC have tried to build up links with the local Indian (Hindu/ Sikh) communities but my feedback is that this hasn't been particularly well thought through and involved some naivety including thinking bringing over an Indian football team to The Walkers would bring in thousands of spectators.

Jesus - can we put the Asian argument in a separate thread please? WTF has it got to do with Paul Ince?

I don't think Ince will come, but my advice would be to take the City job. He would have money to spend, for the first time, it would be a step up the ladder and, if he were to succeed, it would be a considerable feather in his cap and could lead to a mid-table Premiership offer: were he to fail, it would not be a particular blot on his record as Leicester seem unmanageable at the moment and everyone knows about Milan's interference with team matters.

From the Mercury:

Paul Ince could miss out on his chance of the Leicester City job if MK Dons do not grant permission by the weekend for talks with Milan Mandaric ..... more soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669