Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shearer turns down the chance to be placed on Blackburns shortlist. Looks like Ince has just jumped up a place, I firmly believe we can forget him coming here.

Think your right NF Grayson will be sat on a beach desperate for the call hope he gets it !
I hope he's on another continent then, it'll be bloody cold on the European beaches at this time of night.

Last edited:
Simple really. The Asian population 30 years ago was around 25000. Today around 150,000. Seems to me that this number will grow further (not that it matters to me). Provincial clubs such as Leicester draw their support from people living in the area. If a large proportion of the population have no tradition of following their local team, it stands to reason that the young kids growing up in the area will not be supporting Leicester City. The dads, uncles, older friends etc are not introducing the young Asian kids of today to the delights of being a City fan. That's why I say in 20 years time the club may have far fewer supporters, especially if we have a prolonged spell out of the Prem.

Only time will tell.

To back to the original point of the post,in response to a poster that stated that Leicester will always have more potential than MK Dons, City may have more potential at the moment, but this might not be the case a few years down the line.

Disagree, a asian friend of mine is a football fan (although liverpool) and I see very often young asian people dont follow the footsteps of their parents but integrate very well into what some may consider a white society. If they mix with kids who support city for example then that can draw them into the game.

I think that under normal circumstances the move would make sense for Ince - as a stepping stone of course.

Unfortunately, there seems to be sickness at the core of LCFC - a sickness which was there incidentally well before the Mandaric takeover and I fear that there are few acceptable candidates who will want to know about the job.

If there is an answer it is to offer Ince a load of money to take the job and hope that he can begin to sort out the mess.

Interestingly, we aren't hearing about a lot of solid interest in our players - a commentary in itself at what washouts they are.

Ahh I am not the only one that realised that, some people think it was all roses before MM came and he caused all the problems.

D a asian friend of mine is a football fan (although liverpool)

That is something I don't really understand, why do the majority of Asians living in Leicester support Liverpool? :102:

if we get that tit gregory, im gonna hang myself on tv

I suspect you have an over-active imagination.

In fairness boc, it's no different from the rampant imaginations of most other posters on here at this time of year, especially heightened this year with the uncertainty due to Milan's apparent procrastination*.

*You see? Even I'm doing it now.
Jaysus, this place is unbearable sometimes.

That is something I don't really understand, why do the majority of Asians living in Leicester support Liverpool? :102:

Its not a black/white/yellow/brown thing. There are glory hunters who are black/white/yellow/brown. That's life.

Last edited:

Majority???
I'm going to hazard a guess here, you've met more than one Asian that supports the red Scouse scum?

All points heard and accepted - and I have got to say that I am very surprised that season ticket sales did hold up so well in view of the general feeling of the supporters. I suppose it's a reflection of the huge discount they bring.

what were the sales this time last year?

Its not a black/white/yellow/brown thing. There are glory hunters who are black/white/yellow/brown. That's life.

Yes there are, but for some reason there seems to be a lot more Liverpool supporting Asians in Leicester than there are Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. I'm not saying that it's bad or anything, I was just curious as to why that is, and whether it was perhaps to do with something which happened a while back.

Just had a quick gander on Google and found this article on the official Liverpool site which answers it to some extent towards the bottom - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/NG151853060327-1537.htm

My take on ince is this. I think we would have got him now already if it wasnt for blackburn, a deal between him and MM was quite possibly already agreed verbally etc. Blackburn now in the picture best case scenario he waits they say no then comes here. More realistically I think if they say no he will now stay at mk dons and the backburn link will make him feel his next step is higher than us.

what were the sales this time last year?

The OS announced the 10,000 season ticket sale on or about 13th June last year - a couple of days before the 'classic price' deadline. This means that that figure was actually reached earlier in the year, most probably on account of the earlier deadline for the cheaper price.

Ticket sales by deadline day were somewhat less than a thousand down. I think this is remarkable for a team that has been relegated. The club and MM must now justify the faith that has been shown in them.

My take on ince is this. I think we would have got him now already if it wasnt for blackburn, a deal between him and MM was quite possibly already agreed verbally etc.

Rampant imagination, particularly when MM and PA have repeatedly stated that appointment will be by application, short-list and interview.

It would also be against FA regulations for Ince and MM to have made any kind of agreement like this. Surely you, of all people, are not suggesting that you old uncle Milan would act in this way.

After reading his comments on the blackburn job I firmly beleive this avenue is now well and truly closed.

Shame really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670