Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that interview very clearly and he made the point that irrespective of circumstances, there was no point in playing unless you were setting out to win the competition.

Although we were relegated, the support remained excellent because people knew that the team and manager were giving of their best. This is an exact reverse of the last season where we had this hopelessly weak figure as manager and a squad that has been taking the p-ss out of the club and fans for a number of seasons.

... and yet the support seems to have remained strong this time as well.

... and yet the support seems to have remained strong this time as well.

Not a simple as that I think.

1 ST holders form a much larger proportion of the attendances than in the Jock Wallace era - so the majority of supporters were pre-paid committed to watching the ship sink last season.

2 On my attendances, I found the atmosphere at The Walkers to be pretty awful - with people generally fed up.

3. A lot of the comments now coming across from fans even in the supine Mercury coverage is extremely critical towards the club.

We will have a clearer idea of the fall out factor from relegation when the season starts - my guess is that there will be a circa 25% fall in average home gates.

Not a simple as that I think.

1 ST holders form a much larger proportion of the attendances than in the Jock Wallace era - so the majority of supporters were pre-paid committed to watching the ship sink last season.

2 On my attendances, I found the atmosphere at The Walkers to be pretty awful - with people generally fed up.

3. A lot of the comments now coming across from fans even in the supine Mercury coverage is extremely critical towards the club.

We will have a clearer idea of the fall out factor from relegation when the season starts - my guess is that there will be a circa 25% fall in average home gates.

All points heard and accepted - and I have got to say that I am very surprised that season ticket sales did hold up so well in view of the general feeling of the supporters. I suppose it's a reflection of the huge discount they bring.

I suspect the delay with Ince and Leicester (apart from the holiday) is the Ince camp waiting first to see if Blackburn make an approach. If Blackburn go for Shearer or McLaren then I think Ince will be unveiled as the Leicester manager. I suspect Grayson and especially Gregory are 2nd choice fall-backs for leicester by quite some margin.

Last edited:
I suspect the delay with Ince and Leicester (apart from the holiday) is the Ince camp waiting first to see if Blackburn make an approach. If Blackburn go for Shearer or McLaren then I think Ince will be unveiled as the Leicester manager. I suspect Grayson and especially Gregory are 2nd choice fall-backs for leicester by quite some margin.

:038::038:

From the BBC. :icon_wink

Blackburn link flattering - Ince

Paul Ince insists he has had no contact with Blackburn over the vacant manager's job at Ewood Park.

The MK Dons boss has been mentioned as a possible successor to Mark Hughes, but he said he is focused on preparing for the new season with Milton Keynes.

"I've not spoken to Blackburn," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"It's flattering to be linked with any job, especially in the Premier League, so it goes to show that I have done OK in my management career."

Ince, who started his managerial career with Macclesfield Town, added: "There's nothing concrete (to the Blackburn link).

"I'm not sure what the situation is and in the next two or three days I'll probably have a better idea of what's going on."

Ince is in demand after guiding the Dons to the League Two title and victory in the Football League Trophy and the club have already received an approach from Leicester to talk to the former West Ham, Manchester United, Inter Milan and Liverpool midfielder.

"I believe in time I will get to the Premier League it's just a case of when I want to take that leap," said the 37-year-old.

"At the moment I'm enjoying my time in Milton Keynes. We had a wonderful season last year and as I sit here I am preparing for next season so we'll see what happens."

Former Rovers striker Alan Shearer has also been linked with the job, while ex-England manager Steve McLaren has publicly admitted he would be interested in the role.

All points heard and accepted - and I have got to say that I am very surprised that season ticket sales did hold up so well in view of the general feeling of the supporters. I suppose it's a reflection of the huge discount they bring.

Agreed - pro-rata per game they represent excellent value in my opinion if you are able and motivated enough to want to attend all the games.

Seems a likely reading of the situation but only if Ince is truly interested in the Leicester job !

Latest odds on the Blackburn manager at most bookies are in line with :

Alan Shearer 5/4
Sam Allardyce 5/4
Paul Ince 10/3
Henning Berg 10/1

So we now know Ince is back from his holiday and back to work.

He's already commented on the speculation linking him to Blackburn - why no comment on the Leicester link? Does our official approach mean he can't comment?

He's already commented on the speculation linking him to Blackburn - why no comment on the Leicester link? Does our official approach mean he can't comment?

Probably because he doesn't want to come here :icon_bigg

John Gregory's blue and white army .....

Does anyone else think there could be a name in there that hasn't been linked. Allen wasn't reallt mention and that came from no where. As did megson to some extent.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think there could be a name in there that hasn't been linked. Allen wasn't reallt mention and that came from no where. As did megson to some extent.

Just a thought.

Quite ture. Maybe MM is lining up Louis van Gaal. :icon_bigg :038: :038:

No. The interviewer asked him about Blackburn, she didn't ask him about City. The country at large is not that interested in us - amazing considering what a huge club we are.

Just a thought.

Well keep them to yourself :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00