Confirmed Transfer Paul Konchesky to QPR (Season loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that QPR aren't under some sort of transfer embargo given their excessive FFP deficit. That all seems to have gone very quiet.

I'm surprised that QPR aren't under some sort of transfer embargo given their excessive FFP deficit. That all seems to have gone very quiet.

QPR are taking legal action, the Football League won't do anything until that's complete.

From what I understand, no chance it'll hold up in court either.

So they'll get off, or settle for a fraction of the amount owed, and then the FL will have to try and change their rules to ones that are actually enforceable.

Andy Impey.

Always thought he was pretty decent. Flash, possibly not but solid none the less.

Plus, he did set-up that goal so bit of an unsung hero imo.

He might not have had a neck but I never held that against him.

I really thought Lee Marshall was absolutely ****ing awful...but he couldn't have played more than 30 or so times.

Have a soft spot for Willis. Definitely worse players you could name who played many more times.

Yes quite. I always remember his positional sense as utter gash.

I remember him being woeful in a game at palace..

James Scowcroft averaged a goal ever four games for us. That is not bad for someone who was not usually used as an out and out striker.

Still waiting for someone to beat Konch
Alan Woollett clocked up over 200 mostly top flight appearances, but really he was actually better than many of the show ponies, sorry legends, that played in the Bloomfield team. On the other hand did Konch ever wear anything like this?

My whole point is the name a worse player than Konchesky to make more appearances. Surely the number of appearances he has made is quite important to that question...

The number of appearances is very important. If he was as bad as some make out he wouldn't have made so many. Yes, he made a few howlers and cost us a few goals, but on balance he was a fairly decent and consistent performer. Or is the suggestion that the management and coaches were idiots for playing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566