Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no need to 'Cheer up' David. I'm perfectly happy, thank you. Slightly concerned about what's going on at my football club, but otherwise full of the joys of summer (though the hay fever isn't brilliant).
My mention of neo lib/con was in relation to the attitudes on show here about the personal beliefs of the board, nothing more. It seems many members here find it hard to fathom the possibility of a decision taken for any reason but money.
If you had bothered to read my post properly you would have seen me state quite clearly - and in other posts I've made - that none of us know for certain what went on in the decision to sack NP. One thing I think I can say without fear of contradiction though, is that at no point would the board have discussed neo-lib economic political theory during said meeting. And I never suggested they had done so.

I had read your post properly - I have read far more difficult documents - and was aware that you had not actually suggested the board had discussed ideology.
My post was was gently teasing firstly because you I felt you were implying that it was other people's views that were skewed and secondly because I felt political bias had no place in a thread like this.

Political bias? I was talking - ok, perhaps in a somewhat ham-fisted way - about the zeitgeist currently pervading the world, and its effect on peoples perceptions. 30 or 40 years ago the idea that businesses made some decisions based on moral instincts wouldn't have been considered too bizarre to contemplate. It seems from a lot of responses here, that this is no longer the case.

interesting stat in the Mirror, now that NP has gone.

"Arsene Wenger has managed more games at Arsenal than the rest of his Premier League counterparts have managed combined during their current spells with their clubs."

Anyway, whatever, the last few days have been pretty crappy for the club. I don't agree with the decision to sack NP. My posts were trying to rationalise the possible reasons the board had. Nothing more.
As to who replaces Pearson, well Lennon would be a disaster, and Hiddink is, I'm afraid, past his sell by date. I have no idea who should take over, all of the other names are too painful to contemplate, and I am astonished that the board seem to have done this with no replacement lined up. I really cannot see this ending well at all.
And for the final time, I do not need to ****ing cheer up. I'm perfectly happy, thank you.

rjk - the first step in any healing process is admitting it. You'll never be happy until you admit to your sadness.

Reactions: rjk
'James had two hearings with chief executive Susan Whelan with a PFA representative for support, and was sacked afterwards.
James is deciding whether to appeal against the decision, with assistance from the PFA.'

It is becoming clear that the 'difference in perception' is that Pearson senior is supporting his son's outrageous behaviour whilst everyone else condemns it, including the board of directors. This being the case, I now fully support their decision to sack him.

How he can believe he was going to win that argument is beyond me.

If he went to a tribunal what would he get? His contract was up at the end of June...

If he went to a tribunal what would he get? His contract was up at the end of June...

A replica of what he actually got.

Playing devils advocate for a moment though, his smart arsed representative would try to prove that he would have dad, sorry no had his contract renewed had it not been for wrongful dismissal.

His compo could be considerable if his lawyer could prove that but for LCFC's actions he would have earned millions.

In truth though he is a wank pot and has not a chance in hell.

the last 35 years of neo con/lib economic ideology has skewed a lot of peoples thinking,

the zeitgeist currently pervading the world, and its effect on peoples perceptions. .

rjk - the first step in any healing process is admitting it. You'll never be happy until you admit to your sadness.

Excellent Well said London. Of course that is just the first step.

For the second step I would suggest that you enjoy a cream tea somewhere with pretty waitresses, a nice garden and a view of the English countryside.
That way hopefully you will forget about all the neo cons/ liberal economics, zeitgeists and skewed thinking that you find so worrying. ,.

Good luck.

A replica of what he actually got.

Playing devils advocate for a moment though, his smart arsed representative would try to prove that he would have dad, sorry no had his contract renewed had it not been for wrongful dismissal.

His compo could be considerable if his lawyer could prove that but for LCFC's actions he would have earned millions.

In truth though he is a wank pot and has not a chance in hell.

Shocking really...

Excellent Well said London. Of course that is just the first step.

For the second step I would suggest that you enjoy a cream tea somewhere with pretty waitresses, a nice garden and a view of the English countryside.
That way hopefully you will forget about all the neo cons/ liberal economics, zeitgeists and skewed thinking that you find so worrying. ,.

Good luck.
Pastor Martin Niemoller has a poem for people like you David.

Shocking really...

It is indeed.

In a disciplinary hearing once I was dealing with someone who had called his supervisor:

A black ****

His defense was that he would have called me:

A white ****

He could see nothing wrong with either. Unfortunately not a terribly unusual warped view being dealt with.

Can I just say, that in a thread in which we're discussing the sacking of a member of staff for non-football reasons, it's perfectly reasonable to talk politics. Hell, in my opinion everything boils down to politics and/or religion at the end of the day anyway.

Reactions: rjk
Can I just say, that in a thread in which we're discussing the sacking of a member of staff for non-football reasons, it's perfectly reasonable to talk politics. Hell, in my opinion everything boils down to politics and/or religion at the end of the day anyway.
Nope! It's all about sex.

If the Sex you're having isn't upsetting the local religious and/or political authorities, you're doing it wrong (or we should all move to Norway ;-)
Sorry, I forgot you were British.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670