Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit warm, isn't it?
I could have chosen to make a post quoting someone and then make it ambiguous enough that they couldn't be certain if it was them or the clubs owners being called idiots and not civilised.

If anything I have said has made you think that I'm calling you an idiot or uncivilised, I can only say how dreadfully sorry I am.

But it isn't all about me. So I decided it wasn't worth it.

Uh, yeah?

And as for your moral relativism over whether a parent should be sacked for the behaviour of their adult child - which is what this has widely been reported as with no contradiction from the club - I should think that you'd be pretty appalled if you were hauled in by your boss tomorrow, to be informed that they're taking away your livelihood due to that nasty newspaper story about somebody you care about. Would you let it pass, or would you be glad of the laws, regulations and unions in this country that would compensate you and punish such a shoddy employer? If so, why is acceptable for someone in another part of the world to be treated in such a fashion?

If we worked at the same place and I was their immediate superior, the manager in overall control of all staff and we were on a goodwill tour of the owners country, then, while I wouldn't be ecstatic about it, I could understand why the owners would see it as a dereliction of my duties. Particularly if I had a history over the previous 12 months of being a bit of a liability.

It's difficult to fathom this decision, especially as a replacement hasn't been named immediately. It's ****ing woeful preparation for a new season, our competition must be rubbing their hands together. It's not the actual decision so much that is baffling (as much as I disagree with it), it's the timing and the lack of preparation that really confuses.

I can't help thinking the Thais got lucky getting Pearson back and they are in fact pretty clueless in terms of how to run a football club. They've introduced a enormous risk in to the new season and I as a paying supporter would like to see a little more preparation and foresight in the decision making.

It's difficult to fathom this decision, especially as a replacement hasn't been named immediately. It's ****ing woeful preparation for a new season, our competition must be rubbing their hands together. It's not the actual decision so much that is baffling (as much as I disagree with it), it's the timing and the lack of preparation that really confuses.

I can't help thinking the Thais got lucky getting Pearson back and they are in fact pretty clueless in terms of how to run a football club. They've introduced a enormous risk in to the new season and I as a paying supporter would like to see a little more preparation and foresight in the decision making.
It must have been a very sudden decision given the circumstances surrounding the recent signatures (****s, schlupp, Okazaki, huth) and Monday's rumour that cambiasso had signed. If it was due to falling out over the sacking of his son, better owners would have managed it better and not fallen out with a manager who in 5 full seasons has won div one and the championship by MILES, 2 playoffs and the greatest Ever Escape.
Fear for the future, the next manager eg Lennon will be a dud.

And as for your moral relativism over whether a parent should be sacked for the behaviour of their adult child - which is what this has widely been reported as with no contradiction from the club

I'm surprised that nobody has pulled you up on this as it is plainly inaccurate. NP has not been sacked as a result of the 'actions' of his adult child. He has been sacked because of a breakdown in the relationship between him and the owners because they decided to sack his son (and two others) for gross misconduct and he didn't support this. It appears that pretty much every one of us supported this decision except him.

Were NP to remain as manager and report for pre-season training on Monday, the first question the media would be asking him is about the events in Thailand and his reaction to it. If he could not respond in a way expressing support for the clubs decision, his position is untenable.

Perhaps if that was the only such incident in his time as manager, there could have been a way to fudge through it. However, it is plainly obvious that he has pissed off the owners with his behaviour on several occasions over the last few months. He was out of order and punished by the Premier League for abusing a supporter. He was dismissed and reinstated following the absurd strangling incident. He alienated many members of the media with his idiotic and bullying treatment of them. And throughout, he showed no remorse or accepted no responsibility for his inappropriate behaviour. And remember that these are just the incidents in public that we have witnessed.

In my opinion, NP simply got too big for his boots. His position of authority and power at the club went to his head and he believed that he was able to act with impunity. If was obvious to him that the managers behaviour was important to his employers yet he defied this again and again. I've always said that NP is fundamentally flawed as a man and a manager and this is a perfect example of it in action. He was so spot on about so many things in his time at the club but he failed to show respect for his position and was fundamentally misguided in his decision-making.

That's why the decision to sack him is correct and should be supported. Frankly, our owners have earned the right to make this decision and our respect that they know what they're doing.

I'm surprised that nobody has pulled you up on this as it is plainly inaccurate. NP has not been sacked as a result of the 'actions' of his adult child. He has been sacked because of a breakdown in the relationship between him and the owners because they decided to sack his son (and two others) for gross misconduct and he didn't support this. It appears that pretty much every one of us supported this decision except him.

Were NP to remain as manager and report for pre-season training on Monday, the first question the media would be asking him is about the events in Thailand and his reaction to it. If he could not respond in a way expressing support for the clubs decision, his position is untenable.

Perhaps if that was the only such incident in his time as manager, there could have been a way to fudge through it. However, it is plainly obvious that he has pissed off the owners with his behaviour on several occasions over the last few months. He was out of order and punished by the Premier League for abusing a supporter. He was dismissed and reinstated following the absurd strangling incident. He alienated many members of the media with his idiotic and bullying treatment of them. And throughout, he showed no remorse or accepted no responsibility for his inappropriate behaviour. And remember that these are just the incidents in public that we have witnessed.

In my opinion, NP simply got too big for his boots. His position of authority and power at the club went to his head and he believed that he was able to act with impunity. If was obvious to him that the managers behaviour was important to his employers yet he defied this again and again. I've always said that NP is fundamentally flawed as a man and a manager and this is a perfect example of it in action. He was so spot on about so many things in his time at the club but he failed to show respect for his position and was fundamentally misguided in his decision-making.

That's why the decision to sack him is correct and should be supported. Frankly, our owners have earned the right to make this decision and our respect that they know what they're doing.

I agreed with all of this until the very last few words.

I fear from a footballing point of view that it's not true, and had we got relegated last season I'm not sure we'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

But just like NP and others, they're learning, so who knows who they'll bring in next.

But even this is speculation. All we know is what we have been told - "a difference of perspective", was it? - and that the club do not intend to make a further statement on the matter. We might never know with any certainty.

...the decision to sack him is correct and should be supported. Frankly, our owners have earned the right to make this decision and our respect that they know what they're doing.

It's impossible to know whether the decision is correct or not on the evidence available - there is no evidence! And I don't understand the last sentence at all. "The owners have *earned* the right"? No, they have the right simply because they are the owners. And they will only earn our respect when they show that they know what they are doing; they have failed miserably in this respect so far.

I realise the last 35 years of neo con/lib economic ideology has skewed a lot of peoples thinking,

Cheer up RJK. You are wise to realise your thinking about the last 35 years is skewed. I would guess this is also true of those who disagree with you. . Only a fool thinks they understand their own time.

We know nothing of the fateful board meeting and the reasons for the decision. They may indeed have spent their time discussing "neocon/lib economic ideology".

NP made a big, big mistake by remaining silent on the events in Thailand. Even if he bothered to privately apologise for the behaviour of his players and his son, he should have publicly condemned them and apologised in the media. To my knowledge he did neither.

And they will only earn our respect when they show that they know what they are doing; they have failed miserably in this respect so far.

We're going from one extreme to another here. I'm not sure taking a good Championship team, getting them promoted and then keeping them in the PL after three/four seasons is quite 'failing miserably', irrespective of how achieved.

We're going from one extreme to another here. I'm not sure taking a good Championship team, getting them promoted and then keeping them in the PL after three/four seasons is quite 'failing miserably', irrespective of how achieved.

And here was I thinking that it was Nigel Pearson who had got them promoted and kept them in the Premier League. ;-)

Im still waiting for the Trust to put it all right by issuing a press release.

I reckon that's why the owners are so quiet - abject fear of the Trust's wrath.

I am certain also that most of the players will stay for any 'good' manager appointed, Klopp, Guardiola or Enrique, although the last two might be more difficult to persuade to come here!

Enrique would certainly bring back the love..................

Pearson junior to take the club to an employment tribunal? Perhaps making Pearson seniors position untenable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566