Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games...

I meant that if he is failing now what is the point of prolonging the agony.

If he were to be sacked now that would only guarantee prolonging the agony, because if he's sacked at this point the season is over for us

Who has suggested that we should give him another two seasons?

Me, if you count this season.

Fans will, in a sensible moment, claim that you can't buy success and it needs a good team ethic. They then demand we beat teams "because we've spent loads".

And sacking Pearson now achieves nothing we have new players bedding in still and a couple coming back from injuries it could take another 5-6 games for things to settle down. My fear is the Thais will panic, appease the minority and sack the manager if results don't change quickly.

Reflecting on things, you know what's interesting about NP this season? He's not being NP.

He's trying to play a system and style that is very different to anything he did here before or at Hull. He's focusing on attack rather than defence. He's not setting a team out not to lose anymore. Why is this? Has he had a major philosophical shift? Have the owners told him what style they want played?

I think that's what is so obviously wrong. He's trying to be something he isn't and can't be. He definitely has the whiff of Sven last year or Sousa the year before. He looks like a man who is not in control of the situation.

He's got a massive few days with the window still open and a possible must win game on Saturday. Has he got the balls to abandon what isn't working and reintroduce the dull, functional but effective football?

Reflecting on things, you know what's interesting about NP this season? He's not being NP.

He's trying to play a system and style that is very different to anything he did here before or at Hull. He's focusing on attack rather than defence. He's not setting a team out not to lose anymore. Why is this? Has he had a major philosophical shift? Have the owners told him what style they want played?

I think that's what is so obviously wrong. He's trying to be something he isn't and can't be. He definitely has the whiff of Sven last year or Sousa the year before. He looks like a man who is not in control of the situation.

He's got a massive few days with the window still open and a possible must win game on Saturday. Has he got the balls to abandon what isn't working and reintroduce the dull, functional but effective football?

I think that you are correct. I am not a Pearson fan, but I did not foresee this sort of team. The problem is, IF the board are even thinking of replacing Pearson, they are not going to let him spend any more money.

All we need is a manager and a set of players to get us into the Premier League.

How hard can it be?

So is anybody over this yet?

No me neither :(.

Unless we can get Arry in then just let NP do his thing (I realise theres no chance of that happening).

If we get Harry Redknapp I don't think I'll be visiting the KP until he's gone. Not that there's a cat in hell's chance of it happening anyway.

NP needs to stay and gel "His" team; New players are in, players coming back from injury and getting in shape.

Losing yesterday was bad but wasn't terrible, the good thing is we have less mickey mouse games to worry about and more concentration can be put into the league matches.

We have been unlucky, I fully expect a different Leicester team on Saturday one that has shown the past 3 league games what we are capable of regardless the unlucky result(we really should have had 9 points out of 9).

Hopefully we can beat Blackpool, get a result at Wolves in two weeks then really kick start from there!!

What's the point of changing the manager, the whinging arseholes will only try to hound the next guy out as soon as we lose a couple. What last night proved is that the likes of Danns, Gallagher are nowhere near the quality they believe they are and it is perhaps these that should be bombed out, I can't help thinking there are still too many players here from last season on inflated wages and with inflated egos

What's the point of changing the manager, the whinging arseholes will only try to hound the next guy out as soon as we lose a couple. What last night proved is that the likes of Danns, Gallagher are nowhere near the quality they believe they are and it is perhaps these that should be bombed out, I can't help thinking there are still too many players here from last season on inflated wages and with inflated egos

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gallagher, Waghorn and maybe even Danns leave before the window shuts... if we can find takers for them. I think they could all be players that Nige was talking about when he said they complained about not getting a chance then wasted it when they did.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gallagher, Waghorn and maybe even Danns leave before the window shuts... if we can find takers for them. I think they could all be players that Nige was talking about when he said they complained about not getting a chance then wasted it when they did.

I am slightly confused about Danns, was he not one of the better performers from last season? Can he not score goals from midfield?

Maybe being at Leicester has given him too much of an ego and he isn't happy to be part of a squad.

I am slightly confused about Danns, was he not one of the better performers from last season? Can he not score goals from midfield?

Maybe being at Leicester has given him too much of an ego and he isn't happy to be part of a squad.

I'm surprised too... expected him to start, but he's not had much of a look-in. Not saying I'd get rid, but just wouldn't be surprised when he's not been playing.

As I said elsewhere though, I think our central midfielders are all pretty equal, and with King, Drinkwater, Danns, James and Wellens all in there, I wouldn't be surprised to see one go. In fact, I'd be happy for one to go if it means we can add an extra one who's better and can give the midfield a bit of bite... and perhaps even allow King to play further forward.

I'm surprised too... expected him to start, but he's not had much of a look-in. Not saying I'd get rid, but just wouldn't be surprised when he's not been playing.

As I said elsewhere though, I think our central midfielders are all pretty equal, and with King, Drinkwater, Danns, James and Wellens all in there, I wouldn't be surprised to see one go. In fact, I'd be happy for one to go if it means we can add an extra one who's better and can give the midfield a bit of bite... and perhaps even allow King to play further forward.

Is James showing any signs of being better than Danns?

We have continued to buy midfielders that are all too similar Imo, we continue to have no creativity from the middle part of the park.

How many years does it take to sign a truly creative talent in a central role?

Is James showing any signs of being better than Danns?

We have continued to buy midfielders that are all too similar Imo, we continue to have no creativity from the middle part of the park.

How many years does it take to sign a truly creative talent in a central role?

There aren't many truly creative midfielders willing to drop down to the Championship unfortunately. Now King is playing more in his old role, I think we will see a lot more of that from him. Drinkwater, Danns and James can all fill the more holding/defensive role and are interchangeable, which is why I think James hasn't shone next to Drinkwater so far. I've watched the goals from Charlton and Blackburn again and it looks to me like there are only two midfielders when we are defending. To my mind the two wide men should pull in and make a midfield four, but it seems they are sitting out wide. I noticed this against Peterborough too. I'm not sure if Knockaert would be better than Dyer at this, but he'd at least offer more going forward.

Very good point. Bring back dull and effective.

There aren't many truly creative midfielders willing to drop down to the Championship unfortunately. Now King is playing more in his old role, I think we will see a lot more of that from him. Drinkwater, Danns and James can all fill the more holding/defensive role and are interchangeable, which is why I think James hasn't shone next to Drinkwater so far. I've watched the goals from Charlton and Blackburn again and it looks to me like there are only two midfielders when we are defending. To my mind the two wide men should pull in and make a midfield four, but it seems they are sitting out wide. I noticed this against Peterborough too. I'm not sure if Knockaert would be better than Dyer at this, but he'd at least offer more going forward.

Maybe this is what they've been told to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669