Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games...

A huge blunder but just had a quick browse of the Mercury comments and saw this.

by lcfctilidie

Wednesday, August 29 2012, 1:54PM

“If we could get him, does anyone think Harry Redknapp would turn this around?
Thought please?”

'Nuff said.

Never mind 5 games get rid of the prat now ,hes bloody useless not up to the job ,after watching last nights game ive had enough of the stiit hes turning out .our clubs better than pearson .

The nutters are taking over.

The nutters are taking over.

Unfortunately it's the nutters who seem to get what they want.

They seem to be more vocal with their views than those who want to support the manager. Maybe those that want Pear Son to stay should show their support in the ground from the start rather than waiting for a moment in the match to give them an excuse.

The critical element don't wait as long to show their displeasure.

I've had enough of the stiit too

It gets everywhere

I've just had a text from BF saying Pear Son is gone (she's had 3 texts about it), but I cant find anything official to back it up...

Last edited:

Beaumont Fox has put on Facebook that Sky have it as breaking news that Pearson has gone!

Nothing on Twitter at all about it... and if it had been on Sky Sports, I'm sure there would be a few.

Unfortunately it's the nutters who seem to get what they want.

They seem to be more vocal with their views than those who want to support the manager. Maybe those that want Pear Son to stay should show their support in the ground from the start rather than waiting for a moment in the match to give them an excuse.

The critical element don't wait as long to show their displeasure.

Its a strange situation really. On a matchday I can't imagine that many out of the 20,000 or so fans definitively want Pearson gone, but like you say its them that shout loudest and make the most fuss.

If we win the next few games then it will end, or we'll get a ridiculous situation like the one at Blackburn where some of the fans boo and moan no matter what happens on the pitch. Whilst its completely understandable that people are disappointed with the start and want to discuss this, the likes of Alli1 or Terry South calling for his head already is madness. No one can claim we've had a successful start but the repercussions of sacking Pearson at this stage would kill the season. The problems Pearson has encountered have revolved around him trying to clear out the deadwood and put together his own team. Which he is still doing. Another manager coming in now would face the same issues, getting rid of the people he doesn't want and going after his own staff and players.

I applaud the players off the pitch no matter what, as I'm sure many do. But boos and jeers ring out much louder sadly. I like Pearson and his players. Personally I think of this season of a fresh start, whereas some have just rolled-over the displeasure from last season.

Has he gone yet?

What, even last night?

I wasn't there :081:

But yeah I do, I hate leaving the ground feeling wound up and disappointed, so I applaud them off and don't get involved with booing or negative chants. Thats if I haven't stormed out 20 minutes before full time......

I wasn't there :081:

But yeah I do, I hate leaving the ground feeling wound up and disappointed, so I applaud them off and don't get involved with booing or negative chants. Thats if I haven't stormed out 20 minutes before full time......

I hear you on all that. I think they would've deserved a right bollocking last night though.

I hear you on all that. I think they would've deserved a right bollocking last night though.

Yep, each to their own. Its a fine line between showing displeasure at a poor display and calling for the manager to be sacked though.

I think the thing to remember from all of this, but some a choosing to ignore, is that we've only had 5 games, and its a damn shame that after a summer of massive anticipation we're embroiled in a 'should he stay or go' argument.

And I'm sure Pearson dished out said bollocking. And rightly so.

Last edited:

I agree that a sacking at this stage is only going to create a bigger hole for us but I'm not sure whether the owners will see it like that. As things stand, we haven't improved on last season's start and with some very difficult games still coming up in the very near future, we could feasibly have a very low tally by the end of September. I don't think the owners will have as much faith as some of the fans that more time will bring stronger reward. Pearson has started poorly with Hull in the past and got them back up the table. Hopefully he can do it again with us but I doubt he will be afforded too much time to get the team gelled and picking up results.

Maybe those that want Pear Son to stay should show their support in the ground from the start ....

NP's name was sung from the start last night.

What about applauding Burton's players off for a change?

The game is too full of anger and hate. We hate all players for earning too much, we get angry when they don't justify this money against criteria we set in our head, we hate opposition fans for daring to align themselves to another club. We despise our own fans and rant about all of this at every opportunity via forums, radio or in the pub. We can't stand referees who always make bad decisions and we ignore it when they favour us. If any player dares to move on to another club, they are the devil and must be hounded and berated with horrendous language. We call our team shit, wankers and ****ing useless and make these feelings known to the players and management if we concede a goal or aren't winning enough. If we do win, we might cheer a bit and allow a smile, but then we mutter about the fact that it's papering over the cracks.

We then take all of this anger and negative energy and bottle it with a shiny label marked "passion" and say that it is what makes the sport so great. There is no room left in the bottle to applaud opposition teams or recognise that a player moved on to better things.

At least that's my experience of large sections of football support nowadays, both our fans and other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669