Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_lol: Please tell me this is either a joke or you're pissed. David feckin Pleat FFS.

I wasn't suggesting he was any good (didn't we throw away 13 games where we were winning that season?), just that because he was a relatively big name at the time having come from down sarf, and probably could have persuaded a big old name or two to join.

Or maybe I am talking bollocks.

I know fans in all clubs love to disparage the owners but I cannot see that the Thais have done anything wrong.

The Thais have appointed two managers. Their appointment of Sven took us from the bottom of the division to safety. Their appointment of Nigel Pearson seems to be working well. The terrible mistakes of recent years - appointing Martin Allen, pushing out Nigel the first time and appointing Paulo Sousa - were made by Milan.

As for the Harry Rednapp story - well newspapers have pages to fill, There is no reason to think it came from anywhere apart from the journalists need for column-inches.

On this assets issue - it's obvious that Sven paid over the odds for his players and since they have mainly turned out to be not much cop then their notional value has fallen significantly. This was inevitable.

Pearson decided to bite the bullet and cut the losses by moving them on.

It's understandable that the owners would have a problem with their money having been largely wasted - but Pearson does at last seem to be sorting things. As for long term strategy, i don't believe that it has much of a place in professional football these days anyway.

Our Thai owners have proven themselves to be trigger-happy idiots who know little about football

They've stuck with Nigel when many others, especially on here, would have had him P45'd in the summer.

I know fans in all clubs love to disparage the owners but I cannot see that the Thais have done anything wrong.

The Thais have appointed two managers. Their appointment of Sven took us from the bottom of the division to safety. Their appointment of Nigel Pearson seems to be working well. The terrible mistakes of recent years - appointing Martin Allen, pushing out Nigel the first time and appointing Paulo Sousa - were made by Milan.

As for the Harry Rednapp story - well newspapers have pages to fill, There is no reason to think it came from anywhere apart from the journalists need for column-inches.

Do you really believe that the current owners had no part in that?

bocadillo said:
Do you really believe that the current owners had no part in that?

I think I remember a quote (from Mandaric) that Sousa was seen to be more high profile to them as he'd won the champions league rather than Pear son who had only won the league cup.

When this story was just Harry Redknapp, I hoped that it was true. When Shearer and Dowie are added, it sounds most unlikely!

I could believe that the owners might target a big name manager and, presumably, they could talk to Redknapp, in private, without sacking Pearson until/unless Redknapp agreed to take the post. Without a big name replacement, why they would be looking to sack the manager who has taken them to second in the league is unimaginable - I presume that they do not share my feelings about Nigel Pearson, as they appointed him and have stuck with him this far.

Conclusion: as somebody else said, this is the Harry Redknapp publicity department reminding Premier League teams that he is available.

Old Fox - if the owners sack pearson and appoint that **** Shearer, I'm holding you responsible.

Rumour mill grinding away at full speed.

I will have a proper strop if something happens. Would be the absolute definition of why our club is a joke.

But its all bollocks....please?

Didn't hear it myself but a workmate just told me Pearson's agent was on TalkSport earlier saying they don't really know what the situation is and that Redknapp was offered the job but we have since gone on a winning streak so don't know what is happening.

Certainly seems like there is a little fire somewhere that's giving off all this smoke.

Didn't hear it myself but a workmate just told me Pearson's agent was on TalkSport earlier saying they don't really know what the situation is and that Redknapp was offered the job but we have since gone on a winning streak so don't know what is happening.

Certainly seems like there is a little fire somewhere that's giving off all this smoke.

Mickey Walsh has urged Leicester to release a statement and show their continued support of manager Nigel Pearson.

The former Blackpool legend manages the City boss and has responded to rumours that the club had a meeting with free-agent Harry Redknapp.
Walsh told Keys & Gray: “Whether it is true or not, it was a rumour, but it came from a good source which I believed. There had been a meeting - between Harry and Leicester - and I discussed it with Nigel.”

Asked how Pearson was coping with the speculation, he said: “He wasn’t too pleased, obviously, if it was true but it’s different to substantiate these things when other people might deny it. You’ve got to be careful of accusing people of doing these things when you’re not 100% sure because you weren’t at that meeting.”
The club have won six of their first nine games and are one point behind Cardiff, who sit at the top of the Championship table.
Walsh said: “Nigel will just get on and do his job and win football matches. The fans were chanting his name the other night. It’s an irritant more than anything.
"They’re doing fantastic and he’s one of the best managers around. The players aren’t distracted, they’ve played some good stuff. They look like they’re on the up.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...ges-leicester-come-out-and-back-pearson-18235

As I was driving back from a meeting on Tuesday, Richard Keys was talking briefly about the Redknapp link and was implying that he'd heard stuff on this and felt it was a bit naughty behind Pearson's back. He didn't offer any evidence but was clearly saying it's not all make-believe and that he didn't agree with the way things were going on.

If Pearson's manager is correct and the board met with Harry I wouldn't blame NP for wanting to get out again.

It'd serve the Thais right, that's for goddamn sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669