Pearson to Boro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now our favourite site is saying this. :icon_eek: :icon_conf

Portsmouth want Nigel Pearson to replace Tony Adams

were you serious when you wrote this?:102:

*MON era

Yes. Adams is the only manager since MON who comes close to NP imo, i know its a lower division, but i'm genuinely excited ( i can never spell "ex" words) about the direction we are going in more than i have been since the MON era

Last edited:
If he keeps doing well he will feck off at somepoint anyway and if we don't win the Championship by twenty points next season then most people will want him out anyway.If Boro sack Southgate and If they want Pearson he will go.Nevermind theres always John Gregory...

I rather wish that I believed this to be likely. Whilst I do not want to lose NP at this time, it would show that, at least for managers, the natural lines of progression are still open.
I suspect that both Chelsea and Portsmouth will go for a foreign manager, in the same way that most players bought by the Premiership now come from abroad.

I rather wish that I believed this to be likely. Whilst I do not want to lose NP at this time, it would show that, at least for managers, the natural lines of progression are still open.
I suspect that both Chelsea and Portsmouth will go for a foreign manager, in the same way that most players bought by the Premiership now come from abroad.

Mancini or Rijkaard for Chelsea I believe.Vould definately see Curbishley at Pompey though

Mancini or Rijkaard for Chelsea I believe.Vould definately see Curbishley at Pompey though

sesame_street_count_dracula.jpg

One! Ha, ha, ha. :icon_wink

Sven at Chelsea, or Hiddink, or either at Portsmouth?

Pearson would be crazy to leave us for Middslesbrough at this stage in his career, what he needs (and I reckon he knows it) is a good few years getting LCFC out of the mire good & proper and then his stock will be far greater than it is now.
Many a Prem side will be watching his progress though, I am sure.

I may have mis-read this, but is this a complaint about the lack of British managers in the top division or have i got the wrong end of the stick? Cause if so, wtf? How is 15 of the 18 current Premiership managers not enough for you? :102:

Last edited:
Sven at Chelsea, or Hiddink, or either at Portsmouth?

Pearson would be crazy to leave us for Middslesbrough at this stage in his career, what he needs (and I reckon he knows it) is a good few years getting LCFC out of the mire good & proper and then his stock will be far greater than it is now.
Many a Prem side will be watching his progress though, I am sure.

i agree. i'm sure that Pearson would like to manage Boro, but he needs decent Championship experience at least. A lot of teams will look at Ince going from decent league one to Premiership flop and think "too soon"

how many premiership managers cut their teeth in League One and jumped two divs? Best to take the best of the Championship...Everton haven't done too badly that way (Moyes, Lescott, Cahill)

I may have mis-read this, but is this a complaint about the lack of British managers in the top division or have i got the wrong end of the stick? Cause if so, wtf? How is 15 of the 18 current Premiership managers not enough for you? :102:

I believe that we are at the beginning of the management move from British to foreign.
Remember when players from abroad started to come into British football? It began with the big clubs and now, the vast majority of Premiership - and a sizeable number of League players are non-British.
I am not pedalling soft racism, simply concerned that the same simplistic attitude amongst chairmen will see a withering of opportunity for British managers.

I believe that we are at the beginning of the management move from British to foreign.
Remember when players from abroad started to come into British football? It began with the big clubs and now, the vast majority of Premiership - and a sizeable number of League players are non-British.
I am not pedalling soft racism, simply concerned that the same simplistic attitude amongst chairmen will see a withering of opportunity for British managers.

I can see your point, but i for one see the inclusion of foreign players and foreign managers as a positive one. If you just stick to British players and managers you are limiting your choice wildly. If you go abroad you have probably 1000 times more players and managers to chose from, which means we get more quality for cheaper, and we get to see better players, better managers, generally more exiting football.

I can see your point, but i for one see the inclusion of foreign players and foreign managers as a positive one. If you just stick to British players and managers you are limiting your choice wildly. If you go abroad you have probably 1000 times more players and managers to chose from, which means we get more quality for cheaper, and we get to see better players, better managers, generally more exiting football.

Ah - that'll be why people leave before the end.

Godamn! I can never spell "exc" words! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670