People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that believe the scaremongering shite that they read in the likes of the Daily Mail & people that think that we should go back to the good old days of physically abusing children as a means of chastisement.

Politically correct tossers that think they can "reason" with their children in supermarkets when they're behaving like spoilt brats and screaming their heads off cos mum won't buy them three chocolate bars, two bags of chips, a dozen bottles of soft drink and a partridge in a Care Bear tree.

Meanwhile the rest of us have to wear earplugs to do the grocery shopping.

people that think that we should go back to the good old days of physically abusing children as a means of chastisement.

Politically correct tossers that think they can "reason" with their children in supermarkets when they're behaving like spoilt brats and screaming their heads off cos mum won't buy them three chocolate bars, two bags of chips, a dozen bottles of soft drink and a partridge in a Care Bear tree.

Are these two views in any way compatible :icon_wink

Meanwhile the rest of us have to wear earplugs to do the grocery shopping.

Too right

All children should indeed be smacked, thrashed and beaten regularly to ensure that they do not intrude upon or hinder in any way with the self-righteous lives of those who have no tolerance or understanding of them whatsoever

Preferably with a big pointy stick

Too right

All children should indeed be smacked, thrashed and beaten regularly to ensure that they do not intrude upon or hinder in any way with the self-righteous lives of those who have no tolerance or understanding of them whatsoever

:038:

Too right

I don't believe in letting children run the household. But I don't believe in belting the daylights out of them either. There is a middle ground. Although you don't seem to think so. :icon_conf

I don't believe in letting children run the household. But I don't believe in belting the daylights out of them either. There is a middle ground. Although you don't seem to think so. :icon_conf

I have never, and would never, raise a hand to my children

They do not 'run the household' in any way, shape or form - they are instead an integral part of it, as they should be

It's called good parenting, not any form of 'middle ground' where violence or abuse of any kind is needed or deemed acceptable

They do not 'run the household' in any way, shape or form - they are instead an integral part of it, as they should be

It's called good parenting, not any form of 'middle ground' where violence or abuse of any kind is needed or deemed acceptable

I hit my son once, on the backside, and he's been well behaved ever since. I don't believe in hitting them for the sake of it. But one has to assert one's authority, even if it's only once.

My father, an ex boxer, belted all five of us on occasions, sometimes undeservedly. I don't think it did us any harm, in fact it helped me cope with the outside world. I was able to defend myself against the cretins out there that wanted to beat me to a pulp because I looked at them the wrong way.

Just because the government deems smacking a child on the backside wrong doesn't mean it's wrong. What if they passed a bill saying you can't defend yourself against an assailant who's trying to kill you ... oh hang on ... they have. :icon_conf

:038: :038: :038:

Absolutely 100% bang on the money.
I've never had to raise my hand, never will have to & I think anybody that does has failed as a parent.
A loving & trusting relationship with the child is all that is required, along with a liberal dose of psychology.

There is no 'middle ground', there's violence or there's no violence, end of.

:038: :038: :038:

Absolutely 100% bang on the money.
I've never had to raise my hand, never will have to & I think anybody that does has failed as a parent.
A loving & trusting relationship with the child is all that is required, along with a liberal dose of psychology.

There is no 'middle ground', there's violence or there's no violence, end of.

Utter crap. But that's just my opinion. :icon_conf

I hit my son once, on the backside, and he's been well behaved ever since. I don't believe in hitting them for the sake of it. But one has to assert one's authority, even if it's only once.

My father, an ex boxer, belted all five of us on occasions, sometimes undeservedly. I don't think it did us any harm, in fact it helped me cope with the outside world. I was able to defend myself against the cretins out there that wanted to beat me to a pulp because I looked at them the wrong way.

Just because the government deems smacking a child on the backside wrong doesn't mean it's wrong. What if they passed a bill saying you can't defend yourself against an assailant who's trying to kill you ... oh hang on ... they have. :icon_conf

It did do you some harm, it left you thinking it was okay to assault your son to assert your authority.

It did do you some harm, it left you thinking it was okay to assault your son to assert your authority.

You call it assault. The government would have us believe it's assault. I call it a smack on the backside.

You call it assault. The government would have us believe it's assault. I call it a smack on the backside.

Hitting somebody smaller than you in an effort to cause them pain is physical assault.
I don't give a **** what twisted logic you've applied to your actions, it is assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69