Post Match Peterborough 1 Leicester 5 (FA cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astute substitutions. Rightly did not risk Huth as Benny was doing a good enough job.

Nacho and Diabate look fast and tricky enough to be good replacements if Vardy or Mahrez are injured or suspended.

Stupid yellow card by Iborra when he had other defenders to support him.

Astute substitutions. Rightly did not risk Huth as Benny was doing a good enough job.

Nacho and Diabate look fast and tricky enough to be good replacements if Vardy or Mahrez are injured or suspended.

Stupid yellow card by Iborra when he had other defenders to support him.
Iborra took one for the team. Not stupid, just cynical.

Re: rotation, all people want is for the FA Cup to be taken as seriously as league games.

I would hope if we pull, say, United and roll out that lineup people will still be on Puels side of it. I won’t be and hope he’s setting the side up to beat the opposition.

Was lovely to see the young side today and some real quality, I just hope now that we are in last 16 we take it very seriously and start rotating in the league.

Re: rotation, all people want is for the FA Cup to be taken as seriously as league games.

I would hope if we pull, say, United and roll out that lineup people will still be on Puels side of it. I won’t be and hope he’s setting the side up to beat the opposition.

Was lovely to see the young side today and some real quality, I just hope now that we are in last 16 we take it very seriously and start rotating in the league.
I don't understand this whole 'not taking the cup seriously' thing. By definition, we've chosen the correct teams so far because we are still in. If we do draw Manchester United or another top team, I expect Puel will select the correct team once again which will be a lot 'stronger' than today's (on paper at least). Just because he is using his squad doesn't mean that he has no interest in winning silverware.

So, Diabate is the first Leicester debutant to score since Nathan Dyer. ****. I was all excited as well.

I can't remember putting lower league opposiion to bed so quickly in an FA cup game. (I'm sure somebody can remind me ;) )
After 10 minutes, game was all but won.

Did West Ham play a 1st 11 today? Just asking.

I think Diabete’s performance compared to Barnes will mean that Barnes will get loaned out again before the window closes.

I can't remember putting lower league opposiion to bed so quickly in an FA cup game. (I'm sure somebody can remind me ;) )
After 10 minutes, game was all but won.

Did West Ham play a 1st 11 today? Just asking.

Apparently they didn’t.

Isn't there a rule that players can only play for two teams during the season?
If that's the case presumably the only place he could go would be Barnsley.
Or is it during one calender year?

Or is it during one calender year?

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume...andtransferofplayersdez2017webeng_neutral.pdf

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected."

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume...andtransferofplayersdez2017webeng_neutral.pdf

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected."
Whatever...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570