Post Match Peterborough 2 v Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The selections weren't odd but I imagine most could see the selections of King and Vardy as misguided. Quite clearly James offers much more than King - who is largely ineffective and not robust enough. Vardy though clearly with some talent is miles away from being the right understudy for Wood, Futacs would have made far more sense.

Waghorn, as Vardy would benefit from a run of 10 or so starts but we really aren't in a position to offer them that currently and both should be loaned out and an experienced player loaned in.

I seem to be the only one who doesn't have a problem with King at the minute. I think Vardy and Wagon are both limited but every time I have seen Futacs, including against lowly Burton, he has looked as bad if not worse. I really can't see him having made any difference to a game that it seems we lost through 2 defensive mistakes.

I don't have a problem with anyone. I have an opinion. I, as others see some of Pearsons selections as odd/flawed/strange or just plain wrong based on facts.

The toilet situation was a joke too. One male toilet for the whole terrace end. Out of the 4000 crammed into that end I'd hazard a guess that 3000 were male. It was a nightmare trying to get into the poxy toilet and even then it was just one big pool of piss.

****ing disgusting!

First you can't manage 90 minutes without a pie. Now you tell us that you can't go that long without pissing either. How about going to the match to watch the match?

First you can't manage 90 minutes without a pie. Now you tell us that you can't go that long without pissing either. How about going to the match to watch the match?

Did the game kick off at 2.40pm then? As that was when I went for a piss!

Did the game kick off at 2.40pm then? As that was when I went for a piss!

2.40? What were you doing in the ground at 2.40 when the game doesn't start till 3?

2.40? What were you doing in the ground at 2.40 when the game doesn't start till 3?
He has already told us what he was doing in the ground at 2.40. I don't think we need further details !

It's amazing how many people get their knickers in a twist when we lose a game.

Yes we need to beat teams like Peterborough if we are to go up automatically, but for whatever reason the team didn't perform on Saturday. However, the run was never going to go on forever. We need to identify what went wrong and start again.

Out of the three options upfront I would have gone for Waghorn to start. He was starting to grow in confidence before we signed Wood and when he is confident he IMO offers more than the other two. However, clearly from watching them train everyday and from knowing a lot more than any of us on the players condition, mentality, form, NP decided to go with Vardy.

I have never seen what the fuss is about with King and think he does go missing too often during games. However, even I noticed that he had a good game against Wolves. NP seems to play with the policy that if you perform well you keep your place. Which I think is vital if you want to keep the whole squad happy. They need to know that when they get their chance if they play well they will keep their place.

James and King have been swapping positions all season, and IMO we have seen both players improve because of it.

Last edited:
I would like to know how many away games we win when King is in the midfield.

It is tried and tested and does not work, It's a good job Pearson never went for the Forest job, he would have failed the eye test.

I have been to the last 2 away games now and seriously have to question Pearson for his line-up and substitutions in both games, never mind his constant use of Vardy to defend out the last 10 minutes of a game at home.

I would like to know how many away games we win when King is in the midfield.

It is tried and tested and does not work, It's a good job Pearson never went for the Forest job, he would have failed the eye test.

I have been to the last 2 away games now and seriously have to question Pearson for his line-up and substitutions in both games, never mind his constant use of Vardy to defend out the last 10 minutes of a game at home.

We've won 4 and drew 3 out of 15 when King has played, however, that is just appearances, I don't know how many he started and how many he came on as a sub. It certainly shows he may be part of the away problem, however to blame it entirely on King, as you appear to be, it naive in the extreme. It doesn't take in to account that in one of the loses we had a player sent off, in at least 3 of them we had a youth team defender (Moore) playing and in another we had Schlupp at left back.

We've won 4 and drew 3 out of 15 when King has played, however, that is just appearances, I don't know how many he started and how many he came on as a sub. It certainly shows he may be part of the away problem, however to blame it entirely on King, as you appear to be, it naive in the extreme. It doesn't take in to account that in one of the loses we had a player sent off, in at least 3 of them we had a youth team defender (Moore) playing and in another we had Schlupp at left back.

To be fair Matt, If I went on and suggested all of the potential negatives and reasons why we are poor away from home, someone like yourself would simply point a finger at me and dismiss the whole thing as negative and worthless.

I do think that playing King away from home is a large part of the problem, one that a certain person in the club seems to be blind to.

What about games where King has come on when we are losing and then won? What about win we were winning then lost? What about if he came on for James or played alongside James? What about if we we are at home or away? What about if it is raining or sunshine?

We need to know so that we can say if it is his fault...IT HAS TO BE SOMEBODY'S FAULT (Other than NP's obviously).

Is this the first league game this season that we have lost having scored first, and the first time we've conceded in the last 10 minutes of a league game?

If so, that monkey is now off our back, let's move on

What about games where King has come on when we are losing and then won? What about win we were winning then lost? What about if he came on for James or played alongside James? What about if we we are at home or away? What about if it is raining or sunshine?

We need to know so that we can say if it is his fault...IT HAS TO BE SOMEBODY'S FAULT (Other than NP's obviously).

I'll leave that research to you! We took the lead against Peterborough and that has normally been enough tks secure a win with our defence, however, by all accounts it sounds like the defence made a few uncharacteristic mistakes and the whole team had an off day. I assumed it would be as simple as that, but apparently there needs to be bigger problems to identify.

What about games where King has come on when we are losing and then won? .

Tell me the away games where this has occured then.

So you simply cannot accept that team selection can impact the outcome of a game?

Strange.

by all accounts it sounds like the defence made a few uncharacteristic mistakes .

P'boro fans are actually praising our defence. Morgan in particular gaining praise. Having seen both of the goals; one is a total wonder striker which probably should have been stopped before the rebound came towards him and the other is poor tracking from the midfield.

How a game can hinge hey? If Vardy had made 2 up, game over. Personally think they are a number of factors which lets us down on Saturday. Pearson's selections are often based upon morale generally. King's appearance being that it's his shirt to lose and that's the way he runs his squad. Vardy I can't really understand mind given that Waghorn was generally in better form pre-Wood.

Little doubt for me however that Pearson needs to evolve a Plan B whether it be personnel or shape. If we are to get promoted, we need to adapt to circumstances etc. As much I support Pearson and strongly believe in a lot of his methods, failure to adapt or tactically change things is his problem to sort out.

P'boro fans are actually praising our defence. Morgan in particular gaining praise. Having seen both of the goals; one is a total wonder striker which probably should have been stopped before the rebound came towards him and the other is poor tracking from the midfield.

How a game can hinge hey? If Vardy had made 2 up, game over. Personally think they are a number of factors which lets us down on Saturday. Pearson's selections are often based upon morale generally. King's appearance being that it's his shirt to lose and that's the way he runs his squad. Vardy I can't really understand mind given that Waghorn was generally in better form pre-Wood.

Little doubt for me however that Pearson needs to evolve a Plan B whether it be personnel or shape. If we are to get promoted, we need to adapt to circumstances etc. As much I support Pearson and strongly believe in a lot of his methods, failure to adapt or tactically change things is his problem to sort out.

Agreed.

Tell me the away games where this has occured then.

So you simply cannot accept that team selection can impact the outcome of a game?

Strange.

The first away game we won of the season against Middlesbrough. We were 1-0 down, King came on in the 57th minute for James. We then went on to win 2-1. James was subsequently dropped for King in the next game, which we also won, and which was also away.

I am not saying we won because King came on and played, but then I am also not silly enough to say that we lost on Saturday because King was playing

Last edited:
I am not saying we won because King came on and played, but then I am also not silly enough to say that we lost on Saturday because King was playing

But it could be a big factor? I watch the games and my eyes tell me it is a big factor in our weak away approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566