Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly an offensive assumption to make.

I live in America, I've seen enough grossly obese, and yes, slovenly, people to last a lifetime.

Not to get into a large argument here, as I'm sure I'll offend but surely obesity, in some cases, is a physical representation of being a wee bit slovenly?

I live in America, I've seen enough grossly obese, and yes, slovenly, people to last a lifetime.

Not to get into a large argument here, as I'm sure I'll offend but surely obesity, in some cases, is a physical representation of being a wee bit slovenly?

In the majority of cases, obesity is simply a result of eating pies and kebabs and doing little or piss all exercise. The assumption that he's an unpleasant person who doesn't wash is not only, as I said before, offensive but anyone who's ever spoken to him knows it's utter bollocks.

In the majority of cases, obesity is simply a result of eating pies and kebabs and doing little or piss all exercise. The assumption that he's an unpleasant person who doesn't wash is not only, as I said before, offensive but anyone who's ever spoken to him knows it's utter bollocks.

Fair enough, I was speaking more generally than Jobber. I'm sure he's lovely.

To save me trawling through the thread, can someone point out the bit where he was accused of being dirty and unpleasant?

I really can't understand why he is revered so much on here. Anyone who was a witness to the scenes that he was involved in at Stoke at the end of the season before last will understand exactly what I mean.

To save me trawling through the thread, can someone point out the bit where he was accused of being dirty and unpleasant?

This is the implication when one refers to another as a slob.

I really can't understand why he is revered so much on here.

On TB? We must be reading different versions of the site.

Anyone who was a witness to the scenes that he was involved in at Stoke at the end of the season before last will understand exactly what I mean.

I wasn't, so I can't comment. Care to fill me in on what he is supposed to have done two years ago?

Throwing beer bottles, full and empty at anyone within 5 yards of him. This was irrespective of whether they were involved in this clearly pre-planned and orchestrated "event" (who else arranges to go to a game in swimminmg hat and goggles). Anyone who walked past had beer thrown at them and over them and this included children and elderly fans. He and his cronies on the day had no respect or regard for fellow fans except to soak them in beer that they were buying for the sole purpose of throwing over anyone they could.

That sort of activity could also fall within the definition of slob (or should that be yob).

Throwing beer bottles, full and empty at anyone within 5 yards of him. This was irrespective of whether they were involved in this clearly pre-planned and orchestrated "event" (who else arranges to go to a game in swimminmg hat and goggles). Anyone who walked past had beer thrown at them and over them and this included children and elderly fans. He and his cronies on the day had no respect or regard for fellow fans except to soak them in beer that they were buying for the sole purpose of throwing over anyone they could.

That sort of activity could also fall within the definition of slob (or should that be yob).

I didn't see any of this, so can't comment :102: if it happened, it happened. Does he do this all the time, or is it just this one occasion two years ago?

I didn't see any of this, so can't comment :102: if it happened, it happened. Does he do this all the time, or is it just this one occasion two years ago?

I don't know if it's a frequent event, but even if not, I'm sorry but someone who seems to be set up as some sort of ambassador for the club, should not be behaving in this fashion. And yes, it did happen. If Melts were still here he would bear me out and so would BG if he gets to read this thread.

I don't know if it's a frequent event, but even if not, I'm sorry but someone who seems to be set up as some sort of ambassador for the club, should not be behaving in this fashion. And yes, it did happen. If Melts were still here he would bear me out and so would BG if he gets to read this thread.

Fair comment. I've only ever had positive experience of the bloke, and as a consequence I quite like him. That said, I don't understand why he is treated differently to other fans. Surely not just because he gets his knockers out?

It wasn't just beer in those bottles either SJN.....my mate saw a couple of his cronies pissing into their empty bottles and then lob them into the air as he was trying to get down the stairs to go and get some food, he changed his mind and came back up to his seat.

Could not have put it better myself. He and his cronies had no respect for any others around them that day, and the force they were throwing the bottles someone could have been seriously injured. That just shows the mentality of these so called fans. They spoilt the day for a lot of people. Melts, SJN and myself were going to have a drink and catch up in the concourse but because of these ***** and their antics we were denied this.

I was there and slipped over in the tsunami of beer they had created. Bunch of cretins, the lot of them.

So...slob then?

Grossly overweight and wallows in beer and piss? Sounds about right....

Again though, never met the bloke...his blog on the Mercury site was superb reading though....

That last bit was sarcastic.

So...slob then?

Grossly overweight and wallows in beer and piss? Sounds about right....

Again though, never met the bloke...his blog on the Mercury site was superb reading though....

That last bit was sarcastic.

Speaking of blogs, he's been known to read SFF. Must have been bored or drunk or something. And if he wasn't before, he certainly was after.

Meanwhile ...

Weale
Berner (all 13 foot 3 of him)
Brown
Hobbs
Mozza
King
Oaks
Wellieboots
Gally
Waggy
SupaSteve

Loganberry, Neilson, Nobby, LloydDyermelord or Adams, Spearing, Vaughanypants, KerymyFrog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669