Play-off semi-final 1st Leg - City 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno but we need to play similarly to the way we played yesterday and hope that we have more luck on our side.
Spearing can't be dropped for me - he was our best midfielder.
For me our team should be:

Weale
Morisson Hobbs Brown Berner

Wellens Spearing King

Fryatt Waghorn
Howard

Subs: Gallagher, Kermorgant, Solano, Dyer, Logan, Vaughan, N'Guessan

Last edited:
Vaughan/Brown updates??!!

Vaughan was mauled by a lion whilst filming a wildlife documentry for ITV in Kenya and Brown is currently touring with his jazz quartet; 'Brown Town'.

If someone said " I went to the shops recently", if they came out with "yes, it was about eight years ago" you would surely question what they mean by recent.
[full pedant mode] The universe was created approx 13bn years ago. 8 years is recent in comparison.

Forms of football have been played since before Jebus was spreading the love over 2k years ago. 8 years is recent in comparison.

The Football League was established in 1888, 122 years ago. 8 years is recent in comparison.

If using the 'shopping' scale, then none of the clubs I mentioned were recent, as they were all promoted before this year.

Finally, I never actually said Man City were recent promotees.[/full pedant mode]

In just 10 years they have gone from being a div team playing at Maine Road to having a 50,000 odd seater stadium, endless pots of cash and Tevez, Adebayor, Toure and Given playing for them. 10 years is nothing really for that kind of change to happen.

Yes, but you would have to factor in other things too to their ascent.

Like the fact they are based in one of the largest cities in Britain, and the fact they can get those 50,000 seats filled on certain occasions.

[full pedant mode] The universe was created approx 13bn years ago. 8 years is recent in comparison.

Forms of football have been played since before Jebus was spreading the love over 2k years ago. 8 years is recent in comparison.

The Football League was established in 1888, 122 years ago. 8 years is recent in comparison.

If using the 'shopping' scale, then none of the clubs I mentioned were recent, as they were all promoted before this year.

Finally, I never actually said Man City were recent promotees.[/full pedant mode]

:018:The Baby Jebus.

no point in going into a home tie and not looking to take an advantage into the away leg is there? People have every right to doubt our chances

Reverse Psychology, lull them into a false sense of security.
Catch 'em with their pants down,

Fear not, it's all in the game plan :icon_wink

Replying to RHYDAL changing his Avatar:

Can everyone please change their avatar to Steve Howard when he scores the winner on Wednesday to send us to Wembley. :) :) :)

i thought we were way to negative and only started to attack when we was 1.0 down.pretty shite seeing as we were at home.

Pearson got it all wrong at the game on Sunday, 4-5-1???? At home, in the playoffs with no away goal. So negative. He frustrates me sometimes like Benitez would a Liverpool fan. I know he's done a great job to get us where we are but there's no point in doing i and then bottling it at the final hurdle. Why does he always take Dyer off, okay he wasn't having the greatest of games but he is lively and can create something from nothing. Someone mentioned we had injuries? I'd hardly say that, Pearson has pretty much shunned out Stevie Howard most of the season and Vaughan's only played a couple of games. Brown's distribution is shocking and McGivern is cack too. I just hope he goes 4-4-2 at least on Wednesday. No pissing about, 2 wingers and 2 strikers. I think we ended Sundays game with a striker playing left wing, after starting right wing, and a center midfielder playing right wing and started with a four foot striker up top on his own. Yeh great positive tactics. Team on Wednesday in my opinion should be (but won't be) Weale Berner Hobbs Bruce Morrison Dyer Wellens King N'Guessan Waggy Howard. Leaves us with some creativity on bench in Fryatt, Spearing, Oakley and Gallagher and Maybe Vaughan..
Anyone fancy DJ Campbell right about now????

Gonna be like the Swansea game but without the vitriol. Lovely stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669